Failure of McMinn Central Football: Kids or Coach

SAGINAWFAN

correct me if I am wrong playmaker, but is that not illegal? I am pretty sure that is in violation of TSSAA rules. I remember coaches coming to the local schools to have football meetings and make sure kids play, but that's been outlawed since I was in school. I'm sure coach goodin would do that if he could. From the conversations I've had with Goodin, he seems to be a guy that follows the rules and instills that discipline in his players.

my 2 cents

Thats news to me but maybe the rules have changed in the last couple years. I know the previous (successful) coach was at the games scouting talent. Maybe coach g should become a deputy instead of coach.

Love the Coach "Baddin"!!! Got another halftime story for you. You have lost 13 games in a row,cussed on a regular basis,unprepared and out coached against a so so Polk Co. team. Go in to locker room at halftime getting crushed 40-0 and looking for encouragement from your coach and you get:"I'm embarrassed to be your coach and ashamed to wear this shirt!". Nobody is begging him to stay! Two all-staters???!!! HA Guess they are coaches kid and Boosters kid :lol:

What are you looking for a Coach to say here? Competitive coaches would agree with him how are you not embarrassed by that score though? I would be as a fan, coach, player, or any other person that had anything to do with Central football. Come on cussing really? If you don't want your child to hear cussing take him out of school and don't let him have friends. I can guarantee he doesn't cuss as much as 90% of the students at Central. The problem lies with no talent. No matter what kind of coach you are if you don't have a couple of athletes then it doesn't matter who you are you can't win.

What are you looking for a Coach to say here? Competitive coaches would agree with him how are you not embarrassed by that score though? I would be as a fan, coach, player, or any other person that had anything to do with Central football. Come on cussing really? If you don't want your child to hear cussing take him out of school and don't let him have friends. I can guarantee he doesn't cuss as much as 90% of the students at Central. The problem lies with no talent. No matter what kind of coach you are if you don't have a couple of athletes then it doesn't matter who you are you can't win.

I see, take credit for good coaching when you win and blame losses on no talent. There are games (although they are only a few) that Central should win - like the ND game where the talent is equal and we still lose. You cant blame that on lack of talent.

Losing at halftime by 40 and you want your coach to come in and say, "boys we've still got a chance to win this game. I know we are down by 40 but dang guys, we can do this!" If the effort wasn't their in the first half, I'm sure it will be in the 2nd half with that kind of halftime talk!

The coach tells the kids how he's really feeling. None of the parents were "embarrassed" or "ashamed" at the halftime score? None of the kids were? Give me a break!!! Football is a physical and MENTALLY tough sport. Everybody now a days wants little johnny to be patted on the back and told it's alright. Soft, we are all getting soft. Go play flag football!

Bingo

I see, take credit for good coaching when you win and blame losses on no talent. There are games (although they are only a few) that Central should win - like the ND game where the talent is equal and we still lose. You cant blame that on lack of talent.

Where have you seen Goodin take credit for winning? Central does not have the talent to compete with anyone, I graduated from Central and it is embarassing to see them do so bad. Until Central gets some talent, they will struggle big time no matter who the coach is.

OK Guys,Lets take a look at something.Would everyone please turn there central program to page 19 and 64.Out of 43 players in these pictures,only 6 seniors and 5 jrs. are on the team now.So some of you think that since the jr. nights team now is good and have alot of players,then central will be good in a few years.Maybe or maybe not.If these boys will stick together,yes.Some of these boys will not play high school football for many reasons,they start driving,they start working,start chasing girls,ect,ect.These young men need to want to play,and want to play for a head coach that wants them to play also.Coach Baddin(nickname for coach Goodin)has no problem jumping these kids butt when they do something wrong"which I agree with"But he only praises a few when they do somthing good.He cannot make a difference in these boys or they will see it.Numbers don't lie! If this trend continues,this coaching staff will always be playing young players.Because the older ones will not want to play for this coach and coaching staff.

correct me if I am wrong playmaker, but is that not illegal? I am pretty sure that is in violation of TSSAA rules. I remember coaches coming to the local schools to have football meetings and make sure kids play, but that's been outlawed since I was in school. I'm sure coach goodin would do that if he could. From the conversations I've had with Goodin, he seems to be a guy that follows the rules and instills that discipline in his players.

my 2 cents

YOU ARE WRONG !

BallCoach, when and where were you a football coach? What were your schemes? Best games? Worst decisions?

I figure if I'm going to read every shortcoming Coach Goodin has or ever will have, then I should at least know who he's getting compared against.

This is a football discussion site; coach's football decisions are fair game. But to attack a man's character and work ethic "hidden" on here is cowardice.

BallCoach, when and where were you a football coach? What were your schemes? Best games? Worst decisions?

I figure if I'm going to read every shortcoming Coach Goodin has or ever will have, then I should at least know who he's getting compared against.

This is a football discussion site; coach's football decisions are fair game. But to attack a man's character and work ethic "hidden" on here is cowardice.

Looks like someone can't handle the truth!I was a head coach at ------------,and had great years from 19-- to 19--.I tell you what,If central can win one of the next three games then i will never post on here again.How do you like those apples? :thumb: Also I never attacked his character, just his work ethics and coaching ability.

I put you in the same class as coach Baddin. Most of these kids have heard from people like YOU that they have no talent, too young, etc...... So, you think it's ok for a teacher/coach (adult) to cuss teenagers (students/players)? Your rite I can't take it out of school,but my child doesn't hear it at home and shouldn't have to listen to it school from his elders!! I have known coach most of my life, he wasn't raised to treat kids this way.

OK Guys,Lets take a look at something.Would everyone please turn there central program to page 19 and 64.Out of 43 players in these pictures,only 6 seniors and 5 jrs. are on the team now.So some of you think that since the jr. nights team now is good and have alot of players,then central will be good in a few years.Maybe or maybe not.If these boys will stick together,yes.Some of these boys will not play high school football for many reasons,they start driving,they start working,start chasing girls,ect,ect.These young men need to want to play,and want to play for a head coach that wants them to play also.Coach Baddin(nickname for coach Goodin)has no problem jumping these kids butt when they do something wrong"which I agree with"But he only praises a few when they do somthing good.He cannot make a difference in these boys or they will see it.Numbers don't lie! If this trend continues,this coaching staff will always be playing young players.Because the older ones will not want to play for this coach and coaching staff.

I agree, nobody wants to play for him now except his favorites

Looks like someone can't handle the truth!I was a head coach at ------------,and had great years from 19-- to 19--.I tell you what,If central can win one of the next three games then i will never post on here again.How do you like those apples? :thumb: Also I never attacked his character, just his work ethics and coaching ability.

At least he puts himself out there to be criticized- all head coaches do. I don't care if you give up posting. I honestly don't care if you ever quit bashing the coaches. But if your hate and disgust is this strong, you ought to be brave enough to AT LEAST attach your real name to it. Heaven forbid you actually go on record and meet with school officials or the staff themselves.