Failure of McMinn Central Football: Kids or Coach

SAGINAWFAN

I THOUGHT DERRICK LEFT BECAUSE HE GOT HIS HAND CAUGHT IN THE COOKIE JAR AND GIVEN AN ULTIMATUM NOT BECAUSE HE GOT A BETTER JOB? THE JOB WAS JUST GOOD FORTUNE HOW I UNDERSTOOD IT. YOU GOT TO HAVE TALENT AND GOOD COACHING TO WIN. BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RESPECTABLE COACH THE TALENT WONT PLAY FOR THEM THEY WILL FIND OTHER THINGS TO DO WITH THEIR TIME. I DON'T KNOW THE COACH BUT IN TODAYS TIMES IT IS HARD TO GET KIDS TO PUT IN THE DEDICATION IT TAKES TO PLAY FOOTBALL, IF A KID IS NOT A SUPERSTAR THE MINUTE HE WALKS ON THE FIELD THEN THEY USUALLY DON'T WANT TO WORK AT IT INSTEAD THEY QUIT AND FIND OTHER THINGS THAT MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES. THERE IS A LOT OF OTHER THINGS THAT ARE FUN TO DO THAT REQUIRE A LOT LESS TIME AND ENERGY. 20-25 YEARS AGO OUR PARENTS DID NOT LET THE KIDS RUN AROUND DOING AS THEY PLEASE WE WERE TOLD WHAT WE COULD DO AND WOULD DO. NOW DAYS YOU PLAY IF YOU WANT TO AND IF YOU DON'T IT IS OK TO RUN AROUND WITH YOUR FRIENDS ALL NIGHT DOING WHATEVER YOU WANT TO. WHEN PARENTS START RAISING THEIR KIDS WITH DISCIPLINE AGAIN THEN COACHES CAN START USING IT ON THE FIELD AGAIN, THEN YOU WILL SEE YOUR TEAMS WIN. YES SIR, NO SIR! IF I AM NOT STRICT ON MY KID AND LET HIM DO AS HE PLEASES AND THE COACH IS HARD ON HIM, THEN HE QUITS BECAUSE HE IS NOT USE TO DISCIPLINE, WHO IS TO BLAME? 99.9% OF THE TIME IT IS THE COACHES FAULT RIGHT? PARENTS, LOOK IN THE MIRROR, SPORTS BUILDS DRIVE THAT KIDS CARRY INTO ADULTHOOD THAT WILL MAKE THEM SUCCESSFUL, STOP BABYING THEM AND TAKING THEIR SIDE EVERY TIME THINGS DON'T GO THEIR WAY OR SOME COACH IS HARD ON THEM LIFE IS HARD AND PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT DEDICATED AND DRIVEN OR TAUGHT TO BE, USUALLY FIND EXCUSES THROUGHOUT LIFE WHY THEY CAN'T GET A JOB OR PAY THEIR BILLS. I DO LIVE IN THE GREATER MCMINN AREA BUT DO NOT KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE COACH AT CENTRAL BUT I DO KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT A COACHES HANDS ARE SOMEWHAT TIED THESE DAYS BY THE WAY WE ARE RAISING OUR CHILDREN. TUFF LOVE IS GOOD LOVE AND IT WILL BRING SUCCESS TO THE FOOTBALL FIELD AS WELL.

THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD IT CALLED A COOKIE JAR!

No you got it wrong. I never once said I had strong family ties with Central's FOOTBALL program. I was meaning Central SPORTS as a whole. I'm not related to Coach Goodin, im not related to one coach at Central for that matter. But that doesnt mean that my family hasn't been very active in Baseball, Basketball, and Football sports for nearly 15 years. Football is probably the least, and not really at all the past 3 years. But that doesnt mean I cant take up for Coach Goodin. I don't think I have talked to the man since he has been the head coach at Central. But i'll still stand up for him getting bashed on a public forum by a no name coward like you.

That a boy! You always played with great passion during your time a Central and you still have that passion. Finish that degree and come home.

IF YOU WOULD LAY OFF THE FEEDER PROGRAM BULL#### THEN YOU MIGHT GET ON WITH THE FACTS. JUST CHECK JOHN MULLINAX'S RECORD. 19 WINNING SEASONS IN ONE OF THE TOUGHEST REGIONS IN THE STATE WITH THE POOR FEEDER PROGRAM OF RICEVILLE AND ATHENS. THAT BLOWS YOUR LOGIC. AS FOR COACH DERRICK - HIS LEAVING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN A PERSONAL PROBLEM. HE HAD NO CHOICE.

For someone that is so close to his family, I don't think I would be posting about a personal problem....I know for a fact that if his wife had been hired to teach, he would not have left. Get you facts straight! And btw, today is a different era than when John was at McMinn....a good feeder program is critical to being successful.....No Bull!

For someone that is so close to his family, I don't think I would be posting about a personal problem....I know for a fact that if his wife had been hired to teach, he would not have left. Get you facts straight! And btw, today is a different era than when John was at McMinn....a good feeder program is critical to being successful.....No Bull!

No, you don't know that for a fact about them. Matter of fact she hated the area and after he got caught he had to buy her new hooters AND promise to move. That, you can take to the bank!

Like I have always said if the school would change the Admin then they would be better off and have kept coaches or get what they want in place.

Really? We are supposed to wait til Freshmen come in next yr.and they will what magically 'become' the team and win??? The JV right now is better than Varsity,I say the kids that walk off the field head down all sad,send them to the locker room and get them off the field,anyone who has watched any of the practices has to see its not ALL lack of talent,just talent not being used!!! Coach Goodin needs to stop worrying about doing the right thing for parents and do the right thing by his team,simple as this...Put in the kids who r willing to give it their all.Psst,they may not all be seniors and juniors..Just sayin! And to the person who mentioned something about him being ashamed of being their coach and talking to them in the locker room,do you not see how easy Varsity gives up? Hello!! He needs to be harder on them and maybe they might win a game,so its both players and coach. Who cares less is the question?

A little success to report. McMinn Central JV beat Loudon 14-12. No turnovers, good defensive play with a fumble return for a TD and a safety. All JV players, mostly freshman and sophs and a few non-starting jrs.

Thats very promising! Hopefully in a couple years this will get back on track and then keep the pipe line filled with talent. Its there you just have to look for it.

A little success to report. McMinn Central JV beat Loudon 14-12. No turnovers, good defensive play with a fumble return for a TD and a safety. All JV players, mostly freshman and sophs and a few non-starting jrs.

[/quot

Remember there are quite a few underclass boys that are not playing JV. These kids battled hard last night and stepped up when there back was against the wall. Seen some fight in this bunch. I was very proud.