Macon @ Sycamore

geo1126

Anybody with any sense would go with Macon on this one. They have a lot to prove this year and it showed last week. They are ready to play ball, but I know sycamore wont just roll over and play dead neither. Just think Macon has too much to lose this year. Go Blue!!!

:flower::popcorneater:

If they're going to have the season a lot has expected them to have they will have to win this game because after this game comes Smith County and that game is up in the air. But it would be awful to start out 1-4 and would be looking at another 4-6 or 5-5 season. They have a lot of talent this year and I would hate to see them finish 5-5 or 4-6 again this year, so hopefully things will finish better than they've started :thumb:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the season that Sycamore had last year, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They have a new coach, a young line and a young quarterback. But, they are playing with more heart and passion than I have seen in years. The new coach has great enthusiam and football smarts. The young line is anchored with two 285 juniors and it was no fluke that the young quarterback threw for 303 yds last week (pinpoint accuracy). Add these factors to the stable of senior running backs and receivers (that are all healthy again) and I wouldn't put my money against them. It should be a very interesting game.

After the season that Sycamore had last year, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They have a new coach, a young line and a young quarterback. But, they are playing with more heart and passion than I have seen in years. The new coach has great enthusiam and football smarts. The young line is anchored with two 285 juniors and it was no fluke that the young quarterback threw for 303 yds last week (pinpoint accuracy). Add these factors to the stable of senior running backs and receivers (that are all healthy again) and I wouldn't put my money against them. It should be a very interesting game.

You should give props to the one that deserves it - the Sycamore tailback....

Pinpoint accuracy :roflol: Four passes to the same player(Sycamore tailback) in the flats (5 yards or less) went for 265yards. Our linebacker speed was no match for their tailback on the backside, and once he was loose in the secondary he was gone. If Macon makes an adjustment to cover number 17(I believe) with someone other than a backside linebacker, this game will be over at halftime. Good luck to both teams.

You should give props to the one that deserves it - the Sycamore tailback....

Pinpoint accuracy :roflol: Four passes to the same player(Sycamore tailback) in the flats (5 yards or less) went for 265yards. Our linebacker speed was no match for their tailback on the backside, and once he was loose in the secondary he was gone. If Macon makes an adjustment to cover number 17(I believe) with someone other than a backside linebacker, this game will be over at halftime. Good luck to both teams.

Just being curious here but out of Sycamore's remaining games who do you see them beating?

Macon County?

Creek Wood?

Westmoreland?

Harpeth?

Ezell-Harding?

White House?

Goodpasture?

Just being curious here but out of Sycamore's remaining games who do you see them beating?

Macon County?

Creek Wood?

Westmoreland?

Harpeth?

Ezell-Harding?

White House?

Goodpasture?

I am sure it is no surprise, but the game this Friday vs Macon is crucial for the War Eagles. Lose - and the remaining contests on their schedule become very bleak. Win - and they have momentum and confidence needed to defeat some very good Creek Wood, Harpeth, and always determined Westmorland teams. I do not see Sycamore's offense being able to match up with Macon, Creek Wood, Harpeth, White House, or Goodpasture. However, with a turnover or two with Sycamore's improved D - anything could happen.

Back to your question - predictions?

Macon L

Creek Wood L

Westmoreland W

Harpeth L

Ezell W

White House W - just because it's White House!

Goodpasture L