Chattanooga Central @ Cleveland

alt1958

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for Cleveland. Going back the a basic I formation and establishing a run game with a simpler (according to radio broadcast) scheme really helped it seems to me.

Sometimes things get over-thinked, and going back to the basics of blocking running and tackling can really can fix a lot of ills.

And the added benefit of someone beating a John Allan coached team is even sweeter to a Bradley fan. :D

Cleveland has to cut down on the the turnovers, we was in the red zone to many times last night not to score more. We had a fumble at the 1, and another drive that got to the 5 yard line, then lost yards on the next two plays and had to settle for a FG. Defense looked good, special teams blocked a punt. Better than what I saw last week, still plenty of work to do.

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

There has been 4 teams that I've followed over the years-Tyner,Red Bank,Central and Cleveland.i dropped Tyner a few years ago and started keeping an eye on Bradley and Ooltewah.,.out of all the teams Bradley might be building a powerhouse.What,I saw friday night from the raiders was a coach looking for anything he could to,hold it together.you cannot abandon everything you have done for the past 3 years in the middle of the season..whats up with that?The gimmick is over,plain and simple.The spread doesnt work every year.Central will win more games than they lose in the coming years,because they are very young.The cleveland faithful cannot like what is being put on the field. :shock:

There has been 4 teams that I've followed over the years-Tyner,Red Bank,Central and Cleveland.i dropped Tyner a few years ago and started keeping an eye on Bradley and Ooltewah.,.out of all the teams Bradley might be building a powerhouse.What,I saw friday night from the raiders was a coach looking for anything he could to,hold it together.you cannot abandon everything you have done for the past 3 years in the middle of the season..whats up with that?The gimmick is over,plain and simple.The spread doesnt work every year.Central will win more games than they lose in the coming years,because they are very young.The cleveland faithful cannot like what is being put on the field. :shock:

Bradley is losing alot after this year, next year they will be back to being Bradley. Cleveland just doesn't have to skill players to run the spread. I-formation, and 2 reciever sets are what they are better suited to run. I think they should put their best d-lineman(McClendon) at tight end, he would be a big target on passes, and would help a below average O-line with blocking on runs. I also think Cleveland's #1(Jones) should get some carries out of the back field, he's the best skill player we have and the ball should be in his hands 10-15 times a game.