IT WAS NOT A FIGHT

football2011

I was there and saw it firsthand. The Bison and the Bucs didn't get into a fight. A few words were exchanged and a few shoves, yelling, and maybe a couple of punches were thrown....I see it more as a postgame scuffle!!! After two teams play their hearts out on the field on jawing takes place during the shaking of hands, something is going to happen. The WHOLE scuffle lasted about 20-30 seconds MAX, before coaches, administration, and the Police stepped in the break everyone up. The Tennessean only quoted the Beech coach in their Saturday article and said that Station Camp started the "fight." Please Michael Murphy, we ALL know that both sides were at fault and no one will be punished because neither staff really knows what actually happened...there is NO video evidence, only hearsay. Both teams will move on to their respective opponent this week and put the past behind them. I don't condone at all what went on but nothing major really happened. Let it go and lets play football.

Lets just be truthful here. Gallatin set the standard by suspending 13 players and one of those was kicked off the team. The others were given 1 to 2 game suspensions not including the next scrimmage. Same situation except no police were involved. Basically Crabtree and Hollingsworth have agreed to not call out the other teams players so no suspensions would be handed down. Both need to be at full strength for their schedule.

I was there and saw it firsthand. The Bison and the Bucs didn't get into a fight. A few words were exchanged and a few shoves, yelling, and maybe a couple of punches were thrown....I see it more as a postgame scuffle!!! After two teams play their hearts out on the field on jawing takes place during the shaking of hands, something is going to happen. The WHOLE scuffle lasted about 20-30 seconds MAX, before coaches, administration, and the Police stepped in the break everyone up. The Tennessean only quoted the Beech coach in their Saturday article and said that Station Camp started the "fight." Please Michael Murphy, we ALL know that both sides were at fault and no one will be punished because neither staff really knows what actually happened...there is NO video evidence, only hearsay. Both teams will move on to their respective opponent this week and put the past behind them. I don't condone at all what went on but nothing major really happened. Let it go and lets play football.

Nice try but....................scuffle |ˈskəfəl|

noun

1 a short, confused fight or struggle at close quarters

Lets just be truthful here. Gallatin set the standard by suspending 13 players and one of those was kicked off the team. The others were given 1 to 2 game suspensions not including the next scrimmage. Same situation except no police were involved. Basically Crabtree and Hollingsworth have agreed to not call out the other teams players so no suspensions would be handed down. Both need to be at full strength for their schedule.

And what does that tell you? w-l record more important than doing the right thing??? I don't know, but I can tell you have to respect Robert Lassiter for what he did.

And what does that tell you? w-l record more important than doing the right thing??? I don't know, but I can tell you have to respect Robert Lassiter for what he did.

I don't have a dog in this "fight", no pun intended, but IMO a couple of differences between this situation and the Gallatin-Symrna scrimmage. It was my understanding the scrimmage was being taped and with the fight it was "caught on tape". Coach Lassiter and the administration could watch the tape frame by frame and pick out those involved. Fairly cut and dried on who was involved. The Beech-Station Camp "fight/scuffle" (pick your term) was post-game, no tape that I've heard of to watch later, no officials, etc. It would be one team's word against the other with the truth probably being somewhere in the middle. Any suspensions handed down could be at worst a guess which isn't fair to anyone. Again not taking sides but there are some differences in the two situations. Should some consequences have been handed down, probably. Would it be possible to point out the precise culprits, probably not. Just my opinion. May lead to teams taping the post game handshakes.

Edited by sportsobserver