DB at Boone

trailblazersback

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started at fifteen and in the 10th grade.I'd hate to have seen the beating I would have took against varsity players in the 9th grade.Holt is by far a better freshman QB then I was a freshman linebacker and I could have went on to the next level.Nothing against any other QB besides Cook,but I'd rather have this freshman in there and still have Foreman and Swafford on the field doing what they do best.

Foreman does what he does best when he's doing everything on the field as long as the ball is in his hands. Keep him at QB and when Cook gets back i think we need rotate at QB to keep the defense on it's hills. This will be a huge surprise game package for us that will ultimately save our butt down the road when we need it. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

I started at fifteen and in the 10th grade.I'd hate to have seen the beating I would have took against varsity players in the 9th grade.Holt is by far a better freshman QB then I was a freshman linebacker and I could have went on to the next level.Nothing against any other QB besides Cook,but I'd rather have this freshman in there and still have Foreman and Swafford on the field doing what they do best.

Your right most of the INT thing I think is where he's young and throwing him in at varsity for at least a quarter will give him invaluable experience. The speed from Freshman to JV to friday nights is big time. At this point in our schedule getting healed up is main priority. Anyone that can get the ball down field to Swafford or Foreman is a keeper.

Cook should be ready to go for the Central game. I just kind of threw in the possibilty of giving Holt a try. Forman can run the offense as good as Cook as he proved last Friday night. But he is just to valuable at WR and DB and returning punts and kickoffs. Would be nice if we could play him at every position but we can't. If it were me I would be running Holt with the "1's" in practice and if he did ok I would put him in for at least half the Central game. It would be good experence for him and I don't think it would be to much for him to handle. I could QB against Central and do ok. I might have to come out for a breather on every other play though.

Foreman does what he does best when he's doing everything on the field as long as the ball is in his hands. Keep him at QB and when Cook gets back i think we need rotate at QB to keep the defense on it's hills. This will be a huge surprise game package for us that will ultimately save our butt down the road when we need it. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

Rotating QB's could be very risky with the type offense we run. Timing is everything. But I would put Forman in at wildcat on occasion.

Rotating QB's could be very risky with the type offense we run. Timing is everything. But I would put Forman in at wildcat on occasion.

Foreman was impressive at times at QB...even passing, which was a total shock to me. DB can pass the ball with either at QB because everyone is looking for the run. I am sure that Cook will set out the Central game and be back for the final 4 games at QB. And yes, I think the G-Man will be putting Foreman in at QB some even when Cook is ready and able to go.

Roll Tribe Roll

Foreman was impressive at times at QB...even passing, which was a total shock to me. DB can pass the ball with either at QB because everyone is looking for the run. I am sure that Cook will set out the Central game and be back for the final 4 games at QB. And yes, I think the G-Man will be putting Foreman in at QB some even when Cook is ready and able to go.

Roll Tribe Roll

no need being surprised art, malik has played qb most of his life, while at sevier devo was his favorite target, there is no qb contronversy, cook will be the qb, alot of people on here question his play at qb, cook throw as good a ball as any player db has had in a while, his long ball has height that gives his receviers time to run under it, i think they need to give teams a differnt look by going 4 or five wide, all their skilled players have good hands, teams are loading up the box daring us to throw

no need being surprised art, malik has played qb most of his life, while at sevier devo was his favorite target, there is no qb contronversy, cook will be the qb, alot of people on here question his play at qb, cook throw as good a ball as any player db has had in a while, his long ball has height that gives his receviers time to run under it, i think they need to give teams a differnt look by going 4 or five wide, all their skilled players have good hands, teams are loading up the box daring us to throw

I know we go at it in a {if it's not broke,don't fix it game plan},and our passing game is more of a keep them honest thing.Yes,I think we will spread the field a little in the future as more of our game plan.If we had a healthy P.Manning at QB,it would be hard to make a lot of third and longs with great teams playing the pass and bringing heat on third down after putting 8 or 9 up close for the first two downs.