Monterey @ Gordonsville

croz6110

I don't believe the reason CCHS beat Gville that year was because of the offense. Gville was just awful that year and if it was for RBS and MJCHS being worse than terrible being on the schedule Gville would have only come away with 1 win that year. When they talk about football in Gordonsville there probably is no such thing as a 2008 season.

Gville only had 4 seniors that year and they started a lot of sophomores.

However, I've seen a Gville team go 7-4 with less seniors against pretty much the same teams.

I have my own theories about that season.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to grace you Gordonsville people with my presence. I last witnessed a Gordonsville game during the playoffs last season down at Phillip Beene Stadium. I will be gracing those people down there with my presence this week at their annual game with Marion County. I am sure that many of you have missed interacting with a legend like myself, but rest assured your time will come again and I will be available for autographs and pictures very soon. I hope your young lads are progressing well this season. I always enjoy the hospitality you people have shown me over the years. You people know how to treat a legend and it is much appreciated. Tell your young lads on your ball club that the living legend will be watching them play a game this season and as always will be evaluating them for possible elevation to legend status.

I need to grace you Gordonsville people with my presence. I last witnessed a Gordonsville game during the playoffs last season down at Phillip Beene Stadium. I will be gracing those people down there with my presence this week at their annual game with Marion County. I am sure that many of you have missed interacting with a legend like myself, but rest assured your time will come again and I will be available for autographs and pictures very soon. I hope your young lads are progressing well this season. I always enjoy the hospitality you people have shown me over the years. You people know how to treat a legend and it is much appreciated. Tell your young lads on your ball club that the living legend will be watching them play a game this season and as always will be evaluating them for possible elevation to legend status.

I hope we get to entertain you this year, and hopefully if we play the Pirates, it will be in Gville.

Gville wins 55-7.

The bad thing is that was about a poor as I've seen Gville play in a while.

We had players trying to juke when they didn't need to. If they would've ran straight upfield they would've got more yards.

The kick coverage wasn't great, and there was a lot of stupid penalties. There was about 4 personal fouls, which I think is the most senseless.

The refs warned the coaches and the players.

Gville had around 100 yards in penalties.

However, there was some bright spots. Kaelin Cason(backup RB) looked good running the ball.

Defensively we looked good other than the first drive and the long pass reception they had for a TD.

They have a lot of games left to work on the little things.

I'm a firm believer that if you take care of the little things, the big things will fall in line.

Gville wins 55-7.

The bad thing is that was about a poor as I've seen Gville play in a while.

We had players trying to juke when they didn't need to. If they would've ran straight upfield they would've got more yards.

The kick coverage wasn't great, and there was a lot of stupid penalties. There was about 4 personal fouls, which I think is the most senseless.

The refs warned the coaches and the players.

Gville had around 100 yards in penalties.

However, there was some bright spots. Kaelin Cason(backup RB) looked good running the ball.

Defensively we looked good other than the first drive and the long pass reception they had for a TD.

They have a lot of games left to work on the little things.

I'm a firm believer that if you take care of the little things, the big things will fall in line.

wow! congrats gville. sounds like youre firing on all cylinders