West Greene @ Cumberland Gap

budkilmer

Everyone talks about Boles, Boles, Boles! He's awesome, but People are going to start

keying on him and you can't win against a really GOOD team without a passing game.

Last week Coach C let Rhinehart throw 3 passes and all 3 were completed, as a matter

of fact one went for almost 60yrds with Rhinehart hitting the receiver in stride. (BEAUTIFUL)

Coach C says that running the ball is our "bread and butter" which I agree 100%, but the

way this Rhinehart kid throws the ball, we need to be mixing it up some. At least 10 passes

a game, the kid has a cannon! Everyone that has seen WG play this year, give me your opinion.

Oh yea, Boles isn't the only running back we have! He has a kick a** backup in Heath Starnes

that is an excellent runner as well! STILL, THROW THE BALL COACH! and save the timeouts!

I agree with you that WG has been blessed with 2 fine backs in Boles & Starnes. Both have good speed & quickness. However in my opinion Boles is the star of the backfield. Like I said he has good speed & quickness, he also brings much more power with his running. Most schools would feel very fortunate to have either, to have both. . . well I'll just say that in the right formations that could really be effective.

Everyone talks about Boles, Boles, Boles! He's awesome, but People are going to start

keying on him and you can't win against a really GOOD team without a passing game.

Last week Coach C let Rhinehart throw 3 passes and all 3 were completed, as a matter

of fact one went for almost 60yrds with Rhinehart hitting the receiver in stride. (BEAUTIFUL)

Coach C says that running the ball is our "bread and butter" which I agree 100%, but the

way this Rhinehart kid throws the ball, we need to be mixing it up some. At least 10 passes

a game, the kid has a cannon! Everyone that has seen WG play this year, give me your opinion.

Oh yea, Boles isn't the only running back we have! He has a kick a** backup in Heath Starnes

that is an excellent runner as well! STILL, THROW THE BALL COACH! and save the timeouts!

Agree 100% WGHS. Rinehart shows signs of being a decent throwing QB for the Buffs. One thing that really irritates me with the play calling as well is the fact that Rinehart ALMOST NEVER has the opportunity to throw from the pocket, make reads, and hit his receivers. Its always rollout, have one receiver going across with him, and one man running a fly. There is never any change. Id really like to see it opened up a bit so he can make some plays........imagine what Boles and Starnes could do on the ground if the defense had to worry just a little bit about a passing game.. :shock:

I also agree. It would definitely open up things for the Buffs. Rhinehart does have the arm. I think Case's question early in the year was who was going to catch it? He lost Kelley, Julian, Ball and others. I think some of the younger receivers are starting to step up and it is time for Case to see what Rhinehart and company can do.

I also agree. It would definitely open up things for the Buffs. Rhinehart does have the arm. I think Case's question early in the year was who was going to catch it? He lost Kelley, Julian, Ball and others. I think some of the younger receivers are starting to step up and it is time for Case to see what Rhinehart and company can do.

West Greene lost almost its whole receiving core, i dont think there was a senior last year that couldnt catch a pass minus big Rader. The play action play West Greene has ran since Coach Case has been there hasnt been ran much this year, if any. West Greene will have to learn to throw the ball against teams like Greeneville and other conference teams, and if they rely on just runnin the ball in the playoffs they wont be able to get past a team with a good defense. It may be our bread and butter but if you run the power play 15 times a game out of the same formation, teams will pick up on it. How does CG's QB and receiving core look?

West Greene lost almost its whole receiving core, i dont think there was a senior last year that couldnt catch a pass minus big Rader. The play action play West Greene has ran since Coach Case has been there hasnt been ran much this year, if any. West Greene will have to learn to throw the ball against teams like Greeneville and other conference teams, and if they rely on just runnin the ball in the playoffs they wont be able to get past a team with a good defense. It may be our bread and butter but if you run the power play 15 times a game out of the same formation, teams will pick up on it. How does CG's QB and receiving core look?

CG has the receivers, but their starting qb has been out the past two weeks and probably will not play this week either. He got hurt in weeks 1 and 2, but not since. The two qbs they have backing him up are capable qbs and should be able to deliver the ball. I just hope our defense shows up this week or it will be a long night. If they play like they're capable of playing, this could be an entertaining game. If not, WG will win. :thumb:

CG has the receivers, but their starting qb has been out the past two weeks and probably will not play this week either. He got hurt in week 1, played in week 2 but not since. The two qbs they have backing him up are capable qbs and should be able to deliver the ball. I just hope our defense shows up this week or it will be a long night. If they play like they're capable of playing, this could be an entertaining game. If not, WG will win. :thumb:

CG has the receivers, but their starting qb has been out the past two weeks and probably will not play this week either. He got hurt in weeks 1 and 2, but not since. The two qbs they have backing him up are capable qbs and should be able to deliver the ball. I just hope our defense shows up this week or it will be a long night. If they play like they're capable of playing, this could be an entertaining game. If not, WG will win. :thumb:

How much of an indicator of what CG has was the South Greene game earlier this year? Did they play bad or just get flat out outplayed?

How much of an indicator of what CG has was the South Greene game earlier this year? Did they play bad or just get flat out outplayed?

i dont see why you people think starnes is any good at all? if you look at how many carries he had last week compared to boles then it will tell you all you need to know about him... starnes had 20+ carries for "MAYBE" 80 yards when boles had 14 carries for 218 yards and 3 td's..... If starnes cant do anything against UNAKA "a good middle school team" then what makes you people think hes any good at all? he runs straight ahead has to lateral movement and if he gets touhed he goes down... open up your eyes people

I'm not sure if you noticed but every team this year has keyed on Boles! He is not a secret. Starnes is a good backup with decent speed but he just doesn't seem to be on the same level as Boles. Starnes's 3.9 per carry avg doesn't hold up to Boles's 11. I agree that you have to mix it up some but WG has never really been known as a throwing team. Last week was a great time to open it up against Unaka but CG is not Unaka. I think they should get a good lead first. Let's not forget they have only completed 11 of 23 and they have had 3 int's. On one series in late in the game against Grainger WG ran the ball right down the field untill they got inside the 20 then they trew an interception. If I had a back that was averaging 235+ yards a game I would keep giving him the ball and spend the rest of my time worrying about making the defense better!

Edited by GreenevilleVol

i dont see why you people think starnes is any good at all? if you look at how many carries he had last week compared to boles then it will tell you all you need to know about him... starnes had 20+ carries for "MAYBE" 80 yards when boles had 14 carries for 218 yards and 3 td's..... If starnes cant do anything against UNAKA "a good middle school team" then what makes you people think hes any good at all? he runs straight ahead has to lateral movement and if he gets touhed he goes down... open up your eyes people

Umm well first of all, nobody on here has crowned Heath Mr Football or anything like that. If I'm not mistaken almost everyone on here has stated that Heath is a good backup to Dalton. He does his job, he does what is asked of him, and runs the ball extremely hard. And to be honest, your name is WG fan right? Well so am I and if you are going to get on here and engage in these conversations you should support your team from best player to worst and not slam him for only gaining 80 yards. So he didn't have a good game? Saying he is not any good at all is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

Is this Dalton Bole's uncle? I think if you add it up right now Starnes is 7th or 8th in the conference in rushing. And that is behind Boles who usually gets at least 25-30 carries a game. Like others have said, Starnes is definitely not the go to guy on this team but when he gets his carries, he runs hard. And the statement about getting touched and going down, Starnes is on of the hardest runners I have ever seen. He may not break too many good tackles but if you hit him high we will run over you. Boles is an all-state capable running back but there are many teams out there that would love to have Starnes on their team.