McMinn -vs- Ooltewah

TribeFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn showed last week that they have the potential to compete with teams that have more size. Farragut out weighed our lineman by an average of 40 lbs. and we limited there powerful running attack and were able to throw the ball vertical.

Again this week McMinn will face a line that is bigger then they are. So the question is can McMinn establish some sort of running game to balance out the passing game?

Keys to a McMinn win:

Protect the pocket

NO special team mistakes

Throw early and often

GO TRIBE!!!

Edited by TribeFan

McMinn showed last week that they have the potential to compete with teams that have more size. Farragut out weighed our lineman by an average of 40 lbs. and we limited there powerful running attack and were able to throw the ball vertical.

Again this week McMinn will face a line that is bigger then they are. So the question is can McMinn establish some sort of running game to balance out the passing game?

Keys to a McMinn win:

Protect the pocket

NO special team mistakes

Throw early and often

GO TRIBE!!!

Is everybody a midget on the team up there..........gotta be if your smaller than Owls line. They ve got normal size kids but nothing like Farragut.

Last week i watched the Mcminn- Farragut game, when the game started I told my wife we had picked the wrong game to go watch this week as we try to travel around each week to see some of the areas best games. Then after the game got started I turned and said WOW! It should have been a blow out by looking at how huge farragut was but the Tribe has more fight than any team we have seen in the last 2 years. The are little guys that you should blow off the line, and will blow off the line for the first series or 2 but they scrap and claw and play TEAM defense and on the offensive side of the ball they have some playmakers that are game changers about 5 of them. There will be no 35-0 Ooltewah victory I can tell you that for sure you will have to fight and claw with them to win this game. Last week should have been a blowout win for the Tribe had a couple passes been caught and a few less penalties at crucial times. The running back last week for farragut is as good as any they will face and Mcminn only let him loose once that I remember very impressive looking back and very impressed by the Tribes GRIT. We had made prior arrangements to watch another game this week but I believe this is going to be one of the best games in east tn. this week. Bradley, Ooltewah, Mcminn are the 3 teams to beat in this district. The winner of this game will have a showdown for the title with Bradley so I expect there to be all guts on the field for this one.

With all things being equal my opinion on the difference between who losses and wins will be determined by which team capatilizes on the other teams mistake. This one comes down to which team makes the fewest mistakes and points that are scored as a result of those mistakes.

Another item of interest in this game: With both teams displaying success in the passing game the team that limits the other team in yards after the catch will be important. Thus tackle with proper fundamentals and limit those extra yards.

I like the Cherokees in this one because they are at home and they are showing signs of overcoming obstacles!

McMinn 36

Ooltewah 24

GO TRIBE!!!!

Edited by TribeFan

With all things being equal my opinion on the difference between who losses and wins will be determined by which team capatilizes on the other teams mistake. This one comes down to which team makes the fewest mistakes and points that are scored as a result of those mistakes.

Another item of interest in this game: With both teams displaying success in the passing game the team that limits the other team in yards after the catch will be important. Thus tackle with proper fundamentals and limit those extra yards.

I like the Cherokees in this one because they are at home and they are showing signs of overcoming obstacles!

McMinn 36

Ooltewah 24

GO TRIBE!!!!

McMinn 36-24...hope not

McMinn and Ooltewah battle each other this week in an early season matchup to see who goes to 2-0 inside the Region. What are your comments on this game?

With the athletes they have they would be more sucsessful with I form or wishbone! Mcminn that is!

Edited by dhicks