McMinn -vs- Ooltewah

TribeFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........Did nt play anybody til Siegal but thats ok there good for Chattanooga and that s it. I love the defensive scheme as always but the throwing crap has got to stop all the time and start running the ball up the middle and mix it up besides throwing over the middle and getting one of the best players on both sides of ball KILEED every other play. Offense can score alot more if they were nt so predictable. Good luck Ooltewah, keep us updated tomm night if possible!!!!!!!!! Ref s will be a big problem tomm as always. For those who KNOW THE SCORES FOR SURE will you go gambling with me in Vegas.

So where have you heard it? Because McMinn is NO I formation team

HA!!! Myself and DHicks were discussing this last week. The only thing wrong with McMinn is the offensive scheme. Which is what he was saying in his post. Get out of shotgun 4 wide because you don't have the players for that. But get in the I with Plaster at fullback and Lindsey and the other RB (I forget his name) and run the ball setting play action to Nevins on the outside. :thumb:

HA!!! Myself and DHicks were discussing this last week. The only thing wrong with McMinn is the offensive scheme. Which is what he was saying in his post. Get out of shotgun 4 wide because you don't have the players for that. But get in the I with Plaster at fullback and Lindsey and the other RB (I forget his name) and run the ball setting play action to Nevins on the outside. :thumb:

89charger while your post has some merit I am not in total agreement. I like the spread and the threats that opposing teams have to prepare for. While I say that I also like the pro-style offense and the play action pass. I think this is Bo's style much like the Wing T was what Mullinax believed in during his tenure at McMinn. Interesting Mullinax finally gave into a different look at Armurchee while turning that program around.

In my opinion the weak link in this team is the offensive line, so if you were in the I or pro-style I would not like our chances to be productive. I also am not in favor of changing schemes from year to year depending upon the kind of team makeup you might have. I say stay with the same scheme but maybe more formations while still running ths same plays just out of a different look.

Mcminn would have not gained 50 yards last week against Farragut had they run the ball. When you are out-maned on the line you got to spread the field to create lanes for your athletes instead of 1 yard and a pile of dust. Also, you don't need play action with Nevins he is so dominate all you got to do is throw it within 10 yards of him. Now if he had caught the first 2 balls last week that were thrown to him that hit him in the mitts, you and Derrick would not have even had a conversation cause Mcminn would have been up 14-0 after the 1st 2 drives of the game and on their way to a W. With all that said Mcminn's strength did not look to be in the running game unless they are equal to a team on the line and can control it. A good coach adjusts to his players not his players to his philosophy. I watched 2 Mcminn games in 2 years and one they crammed the ball down the other teams throat running the ball and the other was last week and they threw it all over the field. Point is you take what is your teams best asset and what is the other teams weakness and that is what is called a game plan. I think BO has done a good job of that the 2 games I have seen. Derrick just needs to go help coach the Athens hawks or Riceville and get some of those thoughts out of his head or go get a degree and become a coach, instead of a Friday Night wanna be Coach.