JC vs. GHS

jcfan911

I would like to say JC will offer these guys a game. If whatever that was on the field this Friday night shows up they will get beat by 90 points. There wasn't one player for JC that wanted to play or gave a crap. All the flags, dropped balls, bad exchanges,fumbles, you name it, there heads were somewhere but it wasn't on the field. Every player on that team owes the coaches an apology, it woudln't have mattered if Bear Bryant coached them that night. I hope our coaches tear up the depth sheets Monday and put these boys through the toughest week they have ever had, if someone wants to play let them earn it. I could handle the loss if the team actually gave it some effort. We love the boys but they have to get their collective heads pulled out of their butts and stop killing themselves.

We do not have any leadership on this team from the players and they all should be emabarressed.

G'ville by however as many points the scoreboard will run up, may need to bring in a bigger one.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you 911, except you failed to mention the poor tackling. I was so disappointed in the game, not because we lost, it was because of poor execution. And credit goes to FC. They are a good team. JC needs to get through this week without injuries and hopefully begin a new season the following week. I still believe JC can get to 5 wins this yr. They have the talent, just got to quit making so many mistakes.

Good luck to JC and G'ville. (if memory serves me right, JC gave Gville a run for their money the last we play over there, who knows maybe it will happen again)

G'ville wont have an issue in this game. Hopefully the O-line gets it together and can stop a 3 or 4 man rush we have some issue with pass protection. Our running game was no where to be found friday night, course some of that was playing from behind it really wasnt a focus. They may not win the game but I think all the JC folks are just asking they leave it on the field and compete. They have done it before against this team last year they gave Cascade all they wanted for a game this year they clawed back against Sunbright and even the TC game they played a really nice first half minus some dumb mistakes. For what ever reason they came out grabbed there ankles and bent over Friday. Lets hope they dont repeat it this week.

We must improve in these SEVEN areas: (1.) SELF-RESPECT- There is difference in losing and surrendering. (2.) SELF-DISCIPLINE- Eliminate Unsportsman-like penalties and personal fouls. (3.)SELF-EFFICACY - THe belief in our ability to succeed in specific situations.(From psychologist Albert Bandura’s social cognitive theory) We must believe we can perform well and therefore will be more likely to view difficult tasks as something to be mastered rather than something to be avoided. (4.) URGENCY- We must realize high school goes by so fast and must take advantage of the opportunities. (5.) BALL POSSESSION- Protecting the football is vital to victory. Turnovers must be eliminated. (6.) BLOCKING AND TACKLING- The basics of the game. So far we have failed at both. (7.) TEAM- Pull together as a team and not point fingers. Coaches, players, fans everyone needs to pull together. These are tough times but the season is not over. To keep the ship afloat we must bail the water out. The time is here to grab a bucket!

We must improve in these SEVEN areas: (1.) SELF-RESPECT- There is difference in losing and surrendering. (2.) SELF-DISCIPLINE- Eliminate Unsportsman-like penalties and personal fouls. (3.)SELF-EFFICACY - THe belief in our ability to succeed in specific situations.(From psychologist Albert Bandura’s social cognitive theory) We must believe we can perform well and therefore will be more likely to view difficult tasks as something to be mastered rather than something to be avoided. (4.) URGENCY- We must realize high school goes by so fast and must take advantage of the opportunities. (5.) BALL POSSESSION- Protecting the football is vital to victory. Turnovers must be eliminated. (6.) BLOCKING AND TACKLING- The basics of the game. So far we have failed at both. (7.) TEAM- Pull together as a team and not point fingers. Coaches, players, fans everyone needs to pull together. These are tough times but the season is not over. To keep the ship afloat we must bail the water out. The time is here to grab a bucket!

Well said! I think most are sick of just showing up to play, there was not a world of talent difference between the two teams. JC just has it in their heads they are suppose to lose these three games by 50 points so they fulfill the expectation in their heads before they even hit the field.

Gville had some of those issues as well the other night.

Maybe they'll straighten them out, and hopefully Homecoming won't be a distraction.

Maybe Croz it will work in our favor and G'ville boys will have their heads in some sort of after school dance and not the game. We will be proud of them if they can give you guys a run for your money and fight the whole game.

I won't like it if ya'll give us a run for our money.

What other weapons do ya'll have besides Goad?

Time was when football meant something up there or so legend has it. Ask around. Ask former Coach Danny Huffines or Joe Halfacre, they coached football at one time there as well as played. Ask Tommy and Donnie Elkins about playing football there, or Roy, Ralph, Buddy or Grey Morgan, Steve Draper, Mike Dyer(not the pizza guy).

It takes time to rebuild a program and lots of work on the parts of not just coaches but parents, students and the staff of the school, ever hear that saying it takes a village to raise a child? It takes a town to hold up all the sports teams at a school so that they excel. Gordonsville does that, can you say the same about Gainesboro?

Go Tigers!!

I believe in the Blue and White!

I believe in Coach Ronald Lee Marshall and his staff!!

I believe any team can be great, but everyone has to want it .....

I won't like it if ya'll give us a run for our money.

What other weapons do ya'll have besides Goad?

Pretty good group of receivers, if we can get time to throw that is. We have decent backs they were shut down last week for sure though. Skill spots we are actually pretty good, but as we know the game is won or lost on the line and we have serious issues there. They have at times looked ok just a big work in progress. I will say our defense for the most part will pop you, if they can keep their heads up. Last week they just laid down.