Humboldt vs Mckenzie

JungleJim125

i dont know a alot about coach Bland.. i do hear alot of good things about him.. How would u rate a coach,?? would it be by his win percentage??? Coach comer's is Pretty high Prez, Coach comer has been to the fourth Round 6 times out of ten years. Im just saying... and it aint that mckenzie is loaded with talent, we are usually undersized and slower than most teams we play.. just sayin prez, what are u sayin

No..I was just hoping that you weren't one of these posters that just assumed you have a better coach than the other guys...just cause he hasn't been there as long or because they've not experienced the same amount of recent success as your team...you OBVIOUSLY are NOT one of those posters!

In college or the NFL...I would use your formula of winning percentage as the foremost measuring stick. In high school football...I wouldn't let that (winning percentage) be my only factor in forming an opinion! Many coaches such as Dan Bland are known throughout the coaching ranks as a program builder or in Humboldt's case...rebuilder. Like his good friend Joe Gaddis, Dan has made several stops over the years and given due time..has made winners out of schools who had fallen on hard times. There are several of these names that come to mind...Dan Bland, Joe Gaddis, Scott Blade, and we are watching Kevin Ward start his second project at Crockett County. As good as Ward's winning percentage was at the beginning of the season...a 3-7 season in Alamo will cost him percentage points...as it has Blade last year and some of this year at Oak Ridge...as it did Gaddis after his 2-8 start at Henry County. Dan has made several stops along the way including Milan and Pascagoula, MS to name a couple.

There's NO DOUBT Wade Comer is as respected coach as there is in Tennessee...but to say he or Dan is better than the other would be a difficult point to prove either way.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No..I was just hoping that you weren't one of these posters that just assumed you have a better coach than the other guys...just cause he hasn't been there as long or because they've not experienced the same amount of recent success as your team...you OBVIOUSLY are NOT one of those posters!

In college or the NFL...I would use your formula of winning percentage as the foremost measuring stick. In high school football...I wouldn't let that (winning percentage) be my only factor in forming an opinion! Many coaches such as Dan Bland are known throughout the coaching ranks as a program builder or in Humboldt's case...rebuilder. Like his good friend Joe Gaddis, Dan has made several stops over the years and given due time..has made winners out of schools who had fallen on hard times. There are several of these names that come to mind...Dan Bland, Joe Gaddis, Scott Blade, and we are watching Kevin Ward start his second project at Crockett County. As good as Ward's winning percentage was at the beginning of the season...a 3-7 season in Alamo will cost him percentage points...as it has Blade last year and some of this year at Oak Ridge...as it did Gaddis after his 2-8 start at Henry County. Dan has made several stops along the way including Milan and Pascagoula, MS to name a couple.

There's NO DOUBT Wade Comer is as respected coach as there is in Tennessee...but to say he or Dan is better than the other would be a difficult point to prove either way.

good post.. I hear nothing but good from coach Bland.. I played for Comer in 01 we made it to 4th round of playoffs for first time with a 13-1 record.. mckenzie has never had had much success in football and Coach Comer arrives and turns the program around.. Playing for coach comer was one of the biggest moments in my life, we all look at him as a father figure and i still go shake his hand after every game..his deep runs in playoffs made alot of people around here crazy for football and has turned this town into a football town. We are down this year losing alot of starters last year, although 3-1 i will be honest, they werent pretty.. Mckenzie will have their hands full friday night, i am aware of that and so is comer.. but we will still gonna play the game anyway.. sorry for the anger Prez, just trying to protect my old coach.

I have known Coach Bland and Coach Gaddis for 33 years. I rate them very high as men.

good post.. I hear nothing but good from coach Bland.. I played for Comer in 01 we made it to 4th round of playoffs for first time with a 13-1 record.. mckenzie has never had had much success in football and Coach Comer arrives and turns the program around.. Playing for coach comer was one of the biggest moments in my life, we all look at him as a father figure and i still go shake his hand after every game..his deep runs in playoffs made alot of people around here crazy for football and has turned this town into a football town. We are down this year losing alot of starters last year, although 3-1 i will be honest, they werent pretty.. Mckenzie will have their hands full friday night, i am aware of that and so is comer.. but we will still gonna play the game anyway.. sorry for the anger Prez, just trying to protect my old coach.

no anger detected!...the above post that I highlighted is the very reason that most coaches coach! That's why we all love sports...and the people who play them...and the those that give their lives to the coaching profession...wonderful post Rebelfan! Whether you ever won a trophy or not...you had a very successful career at McKenzie if these are the memories you have and cherish!...pass them on!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Nice post both are very good coaches! :thumb:

Humboldt has one heck of a squad, no other way to say it... Mckenzie has alot of things to get better on.. If mckenzie plays the way they did against gleason, this game will be mercy rule in 3rd quarter with Humboldt demolishing them.. the performance vs gleason was the worst performance i have ever watched mckenzie play and i have watched every game since 98.. That game (even though we won) was absolutely embarrassing.. their is no excuse for a performance like that.. with that being said, i hope it was a wake up call for these rebels.. I am the biggest rebel fan u will find, but i will call it the way i see it. They lack leadership on and off field, nobody will take charge, they just walk around moping between plays, dont show any swagger as u have seen in past years.. Mckenzie has talent and alot of young talent but someone needs to step up and take charge and lead team in right direction. Mckenzie would have to play a perfect game to beat a Humboldt team with so much speed and strengh, hope rebels can pull this one out, ill be there pulling for them win or lose.. go rebels

I will agree with much you have said except for leadership. The leadeership is there it's just that no one is following. This is going to HAVE to be a team effort or it won't work. The coaches can't go out there and win the game for the Rebels. The Rebels are going to have to do that!!!

As for Humboldt this Friday, the game will be nothing less than extremely ugly unless the Rebels grow some teeth and start biting!! Granted the Rebels are young BUT, they have had 4 weeks to grow up and realize that no team is going to give them anything. They are going to have to take it. AS it always has been.

Edited by duckman38201