Humboldt vs Mckenzie

JungleJim125

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna start my response to tonights game with a Dan Bland quote I heard on the radio "that was one heck of a football game for the fans, teams and coaches. But I will say this, come playoffs I do not want to do this again." I think the Rebels earned some respect tonight from a lot of people that had doubts.

My hat goes off to the Vikings. Coach Bland has made Humboldt a excellent football program and you can see that in the kids that play for him. I salute you Vikings on the sportsmanship and attitude that you represent there. Good luck the rest of the year and hopefully we can get another shot in the playoffs.

Rebels, I will be the first to apologize for what doubts I might have represented during the week. I knew you had the talent but was in the struggle mode for the first several weeks. Tonight was a great overall performance once you woke up in the late 1st qrt. You guys showed A LOT of people what you are made of. That defense was just lights out in the second half. To hold the Vikings to whatever little yardage they had after the first qrt is a lot to be proud of. You will represent us well the rest of the year and like I said before, come playoffs you will be a force to reckon with. I'll say it now, MCKENZIE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ON WHO GOES TO COOKEVILLE OUT OF THE WEST, that I promise.

Proud of guys tonight.......... :thumb:

Really proud to hear the Rebels played well most of the night. I chose to go to Gleason to my twin grandson's game and they got spanked by South Fulton and the boys didn't even get to play. I was getting regular updates on our game from a Gleason fan and was starting to kick my own butt for being at the wrong game it seems. The grandsons were glad to see me there though so...........

Funny but the Gleason crowd was on fire all night last Friday against us. Tonight the only 4 people up and yelling were myself, my daughter (TN Rec) and two other women (all sitting together sort of. Three of that 4 were/are still or originally from McKenzie!! Shame on the Bulldog "fans" tonight!!! One of the Gleason cheerleaders told my daughter and her mother it was really hard on them to try to spark some life in the crowd when they just sit there like they were at a visitation at a funeral home!!! Their Bulldog mascot didn't even come into the stands and try to spark some life.

I went to great lenghts to plan my wardrbe tonight. Wore an orange Vols hoodie and my black "starV" Vanderbilt cap thus covering the orange and black. They also covered the irony of my situation in all of this. I grew up watching Vandy play and they are and always be special to me (and my son now). Tennessee of course owns a huge piece of my heart too. But that one game a year when they meet, I got to go Black and Gold. I'm for Gleason every game they play except for one. The answer to which one should be obvious. I've said for several years this day was gonna come and it was gonna suck and IT DOES!!!!

I just thank God they don't play for Huntingdon.

I'm gonna start my response to tonights game with a Dan Bland quote I heard on the radio "that was one heck of a football game for the fans, teams and coaches. But I will say this, come playoffs I do not want to do this again." I think the Rebels earned some respect tonight from a lot of people that had doubts.

My hat goes off to the Vikings. Coach Bland has made Humboldt a excellent football program and you can see that in the kids that play for him. I salute you Vikings on the sportsmanship and attitude that you represent there. Good luck the rest of the year and hopefully we can get another shot in the playoffs.

Rebels, I will be the first to apologize for what doubts I might have represented during the week. I knew you had the talent but was in the struggle mode for the first several weeks. Tonight was a great overall performance once you woke up in the late 1st qrt. You guys showed A LOT of people what you are made of. That defense was just lights out in the second half. To hold the Vikings to whatever little yardage they had after the first qrt is a lot to be proud of. You will represent us well the rest of the year and like I said before, come playoffs you will be a force to reckon with. I'll say it now, MCKENZIE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ON WHO GOES TO COOKEVILLE OUT OF THE WEST, that I promise.

Proud of guys tonight.......... :thumb:

McRebelDad, I kind of feel that I may owe some apology as well. I was getting our game updates from one of the Gleason fans that was actually awake during their game. Since I was one of the 4 people in their stands that was yelling for the 'Dogs I guess they figured they could do that for me.

If Dan Bland made that comment he meant it. I have the utmost respect for him as a HS football coach in west TN.

The only thing I see now that the rebels need to address and immediately is playing at the level of our competition. We cannot afford to do that this season. We have to play UP every Friday from here on out!! I'm proud the Rebels rose up tonight and gave an accounting of themselves. We are half way thru the regular season now so we need to rise up 5 more times regardless of the strength of the opponent and go into the "second season" on fire!!!

Edited by duckman38201

McRebelDad, I kind of feel that I may owe some apology as well. I was getting our game updates from one of the Gleason fans that was actually awake during their game. Since I was one of the 4 people in their stands that was yelling for the 'Dogs I guess they figured they could do that for me.

If Dan Bland made that comment he meant it. I have the utmost respect for him as a HS football coach in west TN.

Duck I understand your commitment to the grand kids. Sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes on Friday nights.... :roflol:

You missed our best game of the year IMO. It was a match-up of two very good defenses. Other than the first qrt, the Rebels held them in check. 1st qrt is were the Vikings did the most damage and it was on couple long runs. For the most part, we did what we always do on defense. With it 13-13 and less than a minute, Luke was hit as he threw the ball and it was tipped in the air about 40 feet. Came down in a Vikings hands with nothing but green pasture in front of him. In fact, he probable ran 20 yards to catch it for the pick 6. Could not happen again in a million tries. No fault of anyone, just pure luck he was in the right spot at the right time. If you ask me, I think Comer was going for overtime were he thought our best chances of winning would be. I just got that feeling with the way we were running plays and the speed in which we were doing it. Personally, I think that would have been the best bet as well with the way we were running the ball and the way our D was holding them. Regardless, Humbodlt got the win and we move on to another week of preparations. The Rebels represented well tonight and should be proud of their performsnce regardless of the outcome. I know I was, that's for sure.

Coach Bland's comments were on 96.5 from Brandon Shields of the Sun. I would imagine it will be in the paper tomorrow so keep an eye on it.

Duck I understand your commitment to the grand kids. Sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes on Friday nights....

You missed our best game of the year IMO. It was a match-up of two very good defenses. Other than the first qrt, the Rebels held them in check. 1st qrt is were the Vikings did the most damage and it was on couple long runs. For the most part, we did what we always do on defense. With it 13-13 and less than a minute, Luke was hit as he threw the ball and it was tipped in the air about 40 feet. Came down in a Vikings hands with nothing but green pasture in front of him. In fact, he probable ran 20 yards to catch it for the pick 6. Could not happen again in a million tries. No fault of anyone, just pure luck he was in the right spot at the right time. If you ask me, I think Comer was going for overtime were he thought our best chances of winning would be. I just got that feeling with the way we were running plays and the speed in which we were doing it. Personally, I think that would have been the best bet as well with the way we were running the ball and the way our D was holding them. Regardless, Humbodlt got the win and we move on to another week of preparations. The Rebels represented well tonight and should be proud of their performsnce regardless of the outcome. I know I was, that's for sure.

Coach Bland's comments were on 96.5 from Brandon Shields of the Sun. I would imagine it will be in the paper tomorrow so keep an eye on it.

I'm really glad to hear all of that and that my Rebels represented themselves well. Do hate to hear about the last second "pic 6" but it happens I guess. Now I'll be talking to myself all night long!!!! :roflol::thumb::hungry::popcorneater: