Blount County Football

countryREB

This may be the best Sports article I've ever read . Finally a sportswriter who gets it . It's a shame our Knoxville paper has a bunch of Clowns from Louisiana & Ala who love to make fun of our local team . Adams and company only look for the negative news stories and try their best to influence the public to look at the program in a negative light . I vote to run John Adams out of town and to replace him with Stefan Cooper . I would then go back to subscribing to the News Sentinel . :thumb:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Maryville, there has been a lot of talk that this year's team is GQ's best ever. There are a lot of good Rebel teams from the past that may have something to say about that, but there is no doubt that Maryville is dominant this year. To all Rebel fans: how are your young players coming along this year? Do you expect this level of dominance to continue next season as well? Good luck to all Blount County teams for the remainder of the season!

As for Maryville, there has been a lot of talk that this year's team is GQ's best ever. There are a lot of good Rebel teams from the past that may have something to say about that, but there is no doubt that Maryville is dominant this year. To all Rebel fans: how are your young players coming along this year? Do you expect this level of dominance to continue next season as well? Good luck to all Blount County teams for the remainder of the season!

The pipeline is full.

Not a rebel fan, but they really do have a excellent team. I don't know how it stands all time, but by far the class of the area. One thing I will say about this year is that I believe the overall area is down. Outside of Maryville, Greenville is the best I have seen and Maryville would beat them easily. There probably will not be much of a drop of for the next 3 years. After that it is going to take a little recruiting to keep things up.

Not a rebel fan, but they really do have a excellent team. I don't know how it stands all time, but by far the class of the area. One thing I will say about this year is that I believe the overall area is down. Outside of Maryville, Greenville is the best I have seen and Maryville would beat them easily. There probably will not be much of a drop of for the next 3 years. After that it is going to take a little recruiting to keep things up.

Nashun eye sort ov agree...Eye thank tha area mite bee down a littull....Butt eye heer Seeveer Couwtee has a purty good teem two....

Recrutin' iz sumthin that has two happin evur yeer.....Eye'm allreddy checkin' tha Lil Rebs, Tight 'uns, Rayders, Southerners, Cubs etc fer potenshull hep.....

Alcouh haz a fast litull feller in tha cutters....gonna bee good....Tight 'uns haiv a rilly good teem this yeer wif lots ov good kids out off Amerine.....Lil Rebs and Rayders are rite thair two.....

Pluss eye heers thay's anuthur Shannon Mitchell on tha way...fer tha 'Nadurs

Whur as Mairvul will haiv anuthur genny-rashun ov Maples wif Ashton and Buchanan's wif Michael jr. on tha way.....

And eye ain't gotta look out in tha surroundin' areas yet...fer peepull needin' a bettur garbige servuss.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Anation, don't you worry about us. Plans for years 4-6 are falling into place. A few of the stud middle schoolers around town have already received "THE CALL". We are still looking for a 7th grade qb. I guess alcoa and murvil will be after that same 7th grade qb @ carpenters. It's gonna be a hard sell from what I am told. But I am sure stars can make it happen.

I hope there are no excuses made tonight when we give you guys your first loss of the season. I have been told that you guys are bigger, faster, and supposedly better coached according to the expert posters on here. So how are we gonna win? You'll be asking yourself the same question once the game is over.

Hey Jake, tonight its time for you to pay up. Hope your coming to the game so I don't have to hunt you down for my coke. Got some good news for you. One of our starting dl is out. Care to back those points back down to 14? Looks like the weather is going to hold off, should be a pretty good crowd.

Anation, I have a little function that I will have to attend until around 7:30 and then I will be on my way. Hope the game is not over by then. We didn't list injuries as contingents on the deal we made, so I will have to hold on to all 18 of those points you gave me. Heard through the grapevine that MMS will be running tight formations and a fullback and are going to run it right over the top of you. I believe Coach Malone and the boys from MMS will pull the upset tonight. Oh yeah, you can find me by the concession stands at 7:40 to buy my coke, I will be the one wearing my brand new "Rebel Flag" tee shirt.

Anation, don't you worry about us. Plans for years 4-6 are falling into place. A few of the stud middle schoolers around town have already received "THE CALL". We are still looking for a 7th grade qb. I guess alcoa and murvil will be after that same 7th grade qb @ carpenters. It's gonna be a hard sell from what I am told. But I am sure stars can make it happen.

I hope there are no excuses made tonight when we give you guys your first loss of the season. I have been told that you guys are bigger, faster, and supposedly better coached according to the expert posters on here. So how are we gonna win? You'll be asking yourself the same question once the game is over.

Hey strong we have a 7th grade qb over here and he is a stud. That kid at carpenters will end up at Maryville. His dad is a big Maryville want a be. They will be no excuses for us ruining up the score tonight. Our coaches will show no mercy. This one could get ugly in a hurry. The only thing is with 8 minute quarters if we decide to run it only, it might keep the score down. You guys might not score. Don't know your face to collect, but I will extend the coke bet to you if your game?

Anation, I have a little function that I will have to attend until around 7:30 and then I will be on my way. Hope the game is not over by then. We didn't list injuries as contingents on the deal we made, so I will have to hold on to all 18 of those points you gave me. Heard through the grapevine that MMS will be running tight formations and a fullback and are going to run it right over the top of you. I believe Coach Malone and the boys from MMS will pull the upset tonight. Oh yeah, you can find me by the concession stands at 7:40 to buy my coke, I will be the one wearing my brand new "Rebel Flag" tee shirt.

It was 16 points and if you think we'll get run over your sadly mistaken. It would not surprise me you guys end up with less than 20 rushing yards. How's that qb's ankle? It better be healed from what I'm hearing.

It was 16 points and if you think we'll get run over your sadly mistaken. It would not surprise me you guys end up with less than 20 rushing yards. How's that qb's ankle? It better be healed from what I'm hearing.

According to his dad, he is about 80 - 85%, but that is the dangerous thing for you all because he normally is a little too quick to run on the rollout plays where he has a run / pass option, but with the ankle, he has been throwing it more and that does not bode well for you all.