District 14A

volfan007

Well, what does everyone see happening with all the teams this year? Greenfield will be an interesting team this year. They have Heath Crouse coming back. He should score a lot of points. Hunter Crouse, Heath's little brother, and Tony Robinson should handle the guard positions. They are quick and fast. Tony can shoot the 3. We also have some inside players in Lannom, Miles Cavitt, and Hoke. Also, we have a guy that shoots the 3 very well, who plays the 4...a Sr. named Roberts. This team could be very, very interesting, if they can develop a bench for the 1-3 players.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what does everyone see happening with all the teams this year? Greenfield will be an interesting team this year. They have Heath Crouse coming back. He should score a lot of points. Hunter Crouse, Heath's little brother, and Tony Robinson should handle the guard positions. They are quick and fast. Tony can shoot the 3. We also have some inside players in Lannom, Miles Cavitt, and Hoke. Also, we have a guy that shoots the 3 very well, who plays the 4...a Sr. named Roberts. This team could be very, very interesting, if they can develop a bench for the 1-3 players.

Crouse is a very good player.Not sure about the other players yet.I may remember some of them if I saw their face.I'm looking for South Fulton to be much improved.As for the top two teams,have to go with Lake Co and Humboldt.The Vikings lost Quan Cambell but still return Brooks and Bryson and a couple others.I think when the polls come out Booker T. Washington,Lake Co., Humboldt,and Perry Co will be 4 of the top 5 teams in the State.Or all of them at least in the top 8 teams or so.Lake Co got on a row last year winning their last 15 or 16 games but the games with Humboldt were all excellent games.Humboldt would have fared well and had just as good a chance had they made it last year.Lost a close game against Middleton at Middleton.I'm looking for Lake Co and Humboldt to represent our region.And will be tough teams with BTW and Westwood and maybe a couple other Memphis teams.But as for the district I'm going with Lake Co then Humboldt but could also see the Vikings in that top spot.Going to be close.Then I'm going with South Fulton and Greenfield in the #3 spot.Picking Union City as 5th but could be wrong about the Twisters.Then Trenton,Bradford and Halls in no certain order.I believe the district from top to bottom will be better than in years past.

Edited by mrbigster

I think UC lost their top scorers from last year. I'm not sure what they have coming back, but you can always count on them having a good team.

Who did Lake Co. lose, Bigster?

That's why I have Union City as low as that this year.Their shooting guard was as tough as they come.They are going to miss him.I think the other kid was a senior but not sure.The one that broke his wrist.He could shoot but looked to be trouble.Lake Co only loses 1 player off the team.The big 6'7 Gauldin kid.But Lake Co also returns a lot of talent.Stetson Swift and Caleb Bledsoe were starting some games under Coach Whitby.Bledsoe is the white kid about 6'4.Coach Barger was starting them a little at the start of the season and then decided to insert the little freshman,Coleman at the point guard and Gauldin down low.So Stetson Swift and Bledsoe are back.After that Ricky Boyd,Devon Jones,and Rafael Tyler are all back.So basically Lake Co played about 9 players last year or in the State and all but 1 of them are back.But Derek Swift moved back late last year and he will be the missing piece of the puzzle .He was starting at the begging of summer last year and Lake Co went to Georgia and went about 6-0 with him in the lineup.He moved away and then moved back at about the last game of the regular season.He sat out the district tournament,the regional tournaments before the TSSAA cleared him to play.Played his first game in the sub-state game.Had a great slam off a missed follow up shot in the stete championship game.I saw on the Bolus recruiting site that Rick Bolus has Rafael Tyler around the 13th spot I believe and Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones in his top 40 in the State of Tenn.Swift is better than Both Boyd and Jones .Be a tough choice to pick the best player between him and Tyler.Different type of players.Tyler is the player that makes everyone go and should be a Mr.Basketball candidate.But Swift is going to be very tough with those long arms around the basket.Can get 10 points easily just on put backs.Rebounds very well and has a very good shot from inside the arc.So everyone is really back from the State championship team other than Gauldin who did a very good job rebounding and changing shots.But Swift is more athletic.So if Rafael Tyleror Coleman gets in foul trouble,have Stetson to come in and not miss a lick.Stetson may even reclaim a starting spot.Same for Swift ,Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones.Have Bledsoe and Pearson come off the bench with no drop off.Probably going to play all 8 of those players in and out just like having 8 starters.Plus Dominic Kimble is a good player.Going to be very deep.A year older.So hopefully quicker,more physical in some spots,beter on defense.Coach B has also toughened the schedule.Besides the games usually played outside the district with Middleton,Middle College and the tournaments.Believe the boys are scheduled in the Hickman Co Christmas tournaments this year.Usually a very strong tournament.I believe our girls are going to Florida for a tournament during the holidays. Coach B has also added Jackson Southside this year and also Liberty for a couple games.

Edited by mrbigster

1.Lake Co

2.Humboldt

3.UC

4.So.Fulton

5.Greenfield

6.Trenton

7.Halls

8.Bradford

Chipper.How many starters does UC have returning?As for Lake Co.We should have another good year depending on if the players do as expected,I'll just leave it at that.And also not saying they'll win the stste again even if everyone is back.We saw what happened with Clarksville Ac.,and C.S.A.S. and Westwood last year with basically the same team coming back from stste appearances.Humboldt should be loaded again but not sure about their depth or shooting if Brooks were to get in foul trouble.With Quan gone ,Lake Co can throw 2 or 3 different players at Brooks that are fast and taller from Devon Jones to Ricky Boyd or a smaller quicker Crawford.Even Rafael if needed but would think they'd not do that so he can have more energy on the offensive end.From top to bottom,should be some tough teams.I'm still going with South Fulton if they didn't lose any players for the 3rd spot.Thought they had a good young team last year.

Chipper.How many starters does UC have returning?As for Lake Co.We should have another good year depending on if the players do as expected,I'll just leave it at that.And also not saying they'll win the stste again even if everyone is back.We saw what happened with Clarksville Ac.,and C.S.A.S. and Westwood last year with basically the same team coming back from stste appearances.Humboldt should be loaded again but not sure about their depth or shooting if Brooks were to get in foul trouble.With Quan gone ,Lake Co can throw 2 or 3 different players at Brooks that are fast and taller from Devon Jones to Ricky Boyd or a smaller quicker Crawford.Even Rafael if needed but would think they'd not do that so he can have more energy on the offensive end.From top to bottom,should be some tough teams.I'm still going with South Fulton if they didn't lose any players for the 3rd spot.Thought they had a good young team last year.

They ended up losing 3 starters,but will be a better team this year.The Lewis brothers transfered in from So.Fulton which will help them out.They also have four freshmen that will also contribute.They will play about 10 and go back to their fullcourt pressure defense.They a year away from being back on top again.I think Lake Co is a state championship team,but i think that UC can be a sub state team.

They ended up losing 3 starters,but will be a better team this year.The Lewis brothers transfered in from So.Fulton which will help them out.They also have four freshmen that will also contribute.They will play about 10 and go back to their fullcourt pressure defense.They a year away from being back on top again.I think Lake Co is a state championship team,but i think that UC can be a sub state team.

Oh ok.Then that may change some things about South Fulton then.Really surprided that Union City will be as good as last year.Sure seems like it will be hard replacing yall's main man.I thought for his size he was as good as they get.And always played hard .If that's the case,should be some battles between Lake co ,Humboldt and Union City once again.I guess some things aren't changing..at least this coming season...lol

Edited by mrbigster