District 14A

volfan007

What was your point then ??....Your post is a little confusing....I think Humboldt's problem always has been coaching....They have always had the athletes to overcome that shortcoming though...I thought the Vikes were supposed to be real good this year...Poor Union City, playing all those freshmen, have beaten G-field,B-ford and LC and are in 1st place right now....

My point is it's unfortunate that when we play certain teams the refs play a big role. That's my point. If you guys want to talk racism you should do it somewhere else, not on here. And quit trying to make things racist issues when they are not.

Now if you all see racist issues happening you should speak up about it. And if you are racist you should change.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really hurts me to say this but Union City is playing better than anybody right now. They looked good the few times I have seen them play and those freshmen are going to be really good. I still think Lake County is the best team and will show it come tournament time.

Greenfield had Union City beat and we couldnt hit our freethrows down the stretch, we were up by 11 late and let it slip away.

My point is it's unfortunate that when we play certain teams the refs play a big role. That's my point. If you guys want to talk racism you should do it somewhere else, not on here. And quit trying to make things racist issues when they are not.

Now if you all see racist issues happening you should speak up about it. And if you are racist you should change.

There you go again, whats your point if its not racial. You need to layoff the refs and the color issue. The refs rarely ever cost anybody a ballgame, sure they miss a call every now and then.

Greenfieldfan thanks for the compliment for my falcons and congrats on the big win over Humboldt last night. The Falcons are in good shape and the Tornadoes, who LC is tied with for 1st in the district standings, must make a trip to tha ville to play LC. Sisco has done a heck of a job getting this young UC team in a great position but they are probably a year or 2 away from being that serious of a threat during tourney time. I howeever see the right now as the 2nd best team in District 14 which gives them a legit shot at reaching sub-state. Lake Co. heads to Liberty tonight for round 2 with the crusaders. The first game was a war in Tiptonville and I hope for the same tonight in Jackson. Liberty is a deeper and bigger team than LC and provide us with mach-up problems. LC MUST play aggressive defense and limit mistakes to have a chance to pull off the upset. Next week LC travels to Humbldt ccon tuesday night before returning home on friday to play greenfield. They also host Jackson Southside on Saturday in T'ville as well.

There you go again, whats your point if its not racial. You need to layoff the refs and the color issue. The refs rarely ever cost anybody a ballgame, sure they miss a call every now and then.

The refs did it, you know it and all of Greenfield went silent when they witnessed the horrible call, but it's ok Humboldt will suit up and play the refs again. We are use to. It's not racial and I'm sure it will be reported in a professional manner. That's not putting Greenfield down, it's just pitiful when something like that happens, and I have witnessed it in wins and losses. It's very obvious and it was a Greenfield fan that posted the issue first of all. His statement was: "He didn't know what the refs had against Humboldt" He saw it and it was obvious. You saw it and it was obvious, but until there are no bias refs, or refs that show favoritism Humboldt will continue to play 8 players. Enjoy the win it's a "W" but be honest with yourself and know the correct issue.

First of all, I'm not really sure who AAU is? Is he a Greenfield fan? I dont know.

Secondly, your statements were insinuatiing racism...when you talk about the refs not being the same as our players, but the same as Greenfield and Bradford...what else could you mean? When you accuse the refs of calling the game different when yall are playing teams who are like the refs, rather than like yall...well, what in the world did you mean by that? Bradford and Greenfield are mainly white. Humboldt is mainly black. So, if you were insinuating that color of skin caused the refs to call the game in the "white boys" favor, then that's playing the race card; pure and simple.

Now, fess up to what you did. You were mad about losing, and saying that the refs called an unfair game due to the race of the players. That's playing the race card. That's racism on your part. So, just admit it, and please dont go that way again. A lot of us are getting sick and tired of hearing the race card played about things.

EVERYONE thinks that the refs call against them...black and white, home and away, everyone thinks the refs dont call it fair. BECAUSE, everyone wants the refs to favor their team.

Also, let me say this...my son was at the game. He told me that he saw the Humboldt fella stick his knee out and trip Tony Robinson....who was fouled at the end, and hit the 2 free throws to win the game. Redgold, I dont care if your white, black, yellow, or blue; sticking your knee out and tripping someone...even if both players have their hands straight up in the air...is a foul. It should be called every, single time. You cannot throw your knee out and stick it into someone elses leg, who is dribbling the ball, and not expect a foul to be called on you. It is a foul...and it has nothing to do with the color of your skin.

First of all, I'm not really sure who AAU is? Is he a Greenfield fan? I dont know.

Secondly, your statements were insinuatiing racism...when you talk about the refs not being the same as our players, but the same as Greenfield and Bradford...what else could you mean? When you accuse the refs of calling the game different when yall are playing teams who are like the refs, rather than like yall...well, what in the world did you mean by that? Bradford and Greenfield are mainly white. Humboldt is mainly black. So, if you were insinuating that color of skin caused the refs to call the game in the "white boys" favor, then that's playing the race card; pure and simple.

Now, fess up to what you did. You were mad about losing, and saying that the refs called an unfair game due to the race of the players. That's playing the race card. That's racism on your part. So, just admit it, and please dont go that way again. A lot of us are getting sick and tired of hearing the race card played about things.

EVERYONE thinks that the refs call against them...black and white, home and away, everyone thinks the refs dont call it fair. BECAUSE, everyone wants the refs to favor their team.

With all due respect Coach T posters: I have not played any race card nor have I ever. This is the way you chose to see my post. Now if you feel that race was an issue in the game you should say something. No I'm never mad about losing. You witnessed what happened don't try to twist anything. It's wrong for you to insinuate that I have said anything racial. I hate when that happens.

PLEASE KEEP RACE, BLACK AND WHITE OFF THE BOARDS. IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO EVER GO THERE. ONE MORE TIME AND I'M PRESSING THE REPORT BUTTON.

Also, let me say this...my son was at the game. He told me that he saw the Humboldt fella stick his knee out and trip Tony Robinson....who was fouled at the end, and hit the 2 free throws to win the game. Redgold, I dont care if your white, black, yellow, or blue; sticking your knee out and tripping someone...even if both players have their hands straight up in the air...is a foul. It should be called every, single time. You cannot throw your knee out and stick it into someone elses leg, who is dribbling the ball, and not expect a foul to be called on you. It is a foul...and it has nothing to do with the color of your skin.

Back to the game where it should be: there was no knee stuck out and you know this, but it's over. Refs blew a really good game with a really bad call, no matter who won.

Edited by redgold83

Dude, you were playing Greenfield and Bradford...You're Humboldt...And I'll play your game...I didn't say a word about racism....