District 14A

volfan007

Greenfield finishes the first half of the season at 4-6, after losing to Martin last night. The Jackets held close for a half, but then Martin pulled away in the second half. Martin's coach made some very good adjustments at half time....

Greenfield's record is not great at 4-6, but we've had some very close losses to some good teams in that 6 losses....lost by 7 at Humboldt...lost by 3 to 5A Henry Co....lost by 3 to UC...and barely lost to Gipson Co., and in fact should've won that game; just didnt finish it after being up by 9 late in the game.

I'm hoping we'll come out in the second half of the season, and start winning these close games...then, get ready for the tourney. I dont think anyone will beat Lake Co. though for the top spot.

Henry Co is 3A.Thats the highest in TN in basketball.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK boys and girls here are the Brackets for the Above the Rim Christmas Tournament at Hickman County High School Dec. 28-30th. The pairings are as follows; Wednesday December 28- Game 1: Giles Co. vs Waverly @11 pm, Game 2: Liberty vs Eagles Landing @ 2 pm, Game 3: Lake County vs Brentwood @ 6 pm and Game 4: Clarksville NorthEast vs Hickman Co. @ 9 pm. Thursday December 29- Losers of Games 1/2 play at 11:30 am, Losers of Games 3/4 play at 2:30 pm, Winners of Games 1/2 play at 5:30 pm and Winners of Games 3/4 play at 8:30 pm. Friday December 30- 7th place game at 11:30 am, 5th place game at 2:30 pm, 3rd place game at 5:30 pm and Championship game at 8:30 pm.

Looks like a good tournament with some tough competition. Giles Co., Liberty and Lake Co all in state tournament last year. Brentwood is 10-4 and just won the Ensworth tournament then last but certainly not least for good measure throw in Clarksville NE with the Prothyress(sp??) kid and it will be some great basketball. Lake County will definitely come away battle tested for the new year that includes games with Union City(2), Jackson Southside, Liberty(2), Humboldt and Middleton.

I'd love to see Clarksville and Lake Co. meet up in the championship and I think it's very possible. Clarksville features Alex Poythress who has recently committed to Kentucky. If Lake Co. turns that game into a track meet, it will be to Lake's advantage. Over the past few years, every time I've watched Poythress play, he likes to be lazy every now and then while out on the floor and take a play off.

I'd love to see Clarksville and Lake Co. meet up in the championship and I think it's very possible. Clarksville features Alex Poythress who has recently committed to Kentucky. If Lake Co. turns that game into a track meet, it will be to Lake's advantage. Over the past few years, every time I've watched Poythress play, he likes to be lazy every now and then while out on the floor and take a play off.

From the looks of the bracket,it looks like they could meet in the semis if both win,and also they could meet if they both lose their first game.

Well guys no Lake Co. vs. Northeast match up as the Falcons fall to Brentwood 76-72. Hats off to the Bruins they have a solid team 11-4 overall and they played well. They won the Ensworth tournament before Christmas and squeaked out a hard fought win vs Lake Co. tonight. Brentwood very disciplined team and move well offensively screening and cutting which makes you work hard on defense. Nothing to be ashamed of by the Falcons as they battled hard all night and had their chances to win. Even though they lost may be the best game I have seen them play as a team this season. Bruins had a big size advantage down low and used it to get Derrick swift in foul trouble. The also shot the lights out early from 3 point range especially Montague #20. Once Lake Co. adjusted and pressed him more with Rafael and Zay he had more trouble scoring because he had to put it on the floor and drive. Falcons led by 3 with about 3 mincuctes left but couldn't clcose out. Did not shoot well from the FT line making I believe something like 13-21. Also got out rebounded on the glass. Even with that Devon Jones missed a 3 pointer, that rimmed out, with about 10 seconds left that would have tied the game at 75. Falcons forced to foul and Brentwood makes 1 of 2 to determine final score. I feel these types of games will help the defending state champs in the long run. Falcons play tomorrow at 2:30 pm vs Hickman Co.(I assume did ot stay to watch them play Clarksville NE).

Lake County blow through Hickman Co. this afternoon in the Above the Rim tournament 91-50. The falcons turned in another solid performance from what I was told and improve to 7-3 overall. The Falcons play Waverly tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 pm to finish off their tournament games. Lake County begins the new year with a trip to the thunderdome on Jan. 6 to play Union City then follow it up with a home game the next night Jan. 7 vs Liberty. Nice to start 2012 off with a couple of warm-up games!! :roll: LOL

Lake County finishes off the Above the Rim tournament with an 87-81 victory over Waverly. Falcons win 2 out of 3 games in the tourney. Good job guys now lets get rested and prepared to return to district play. Next up Lake Co. travels to Union City friday Jan. 6th.

Congrats to Lake Co on the tournament.Not a bad showing at all.Losing to the team in a squeaker that won the tournamnt.And who knows?Had they not had to play the first game,could have been the championship game itself and a second place finish?Gteat job guys.Now on to Union city and Liberty,two tough games back to back.