District 14A

volfan007

Greenfieldfan thanks for the compliment for my falcons and congrats on the big win over Humboldt last night. The Falcons are in good shape and the Tornadoes, who LC is tied with for 1st in the district standings, must make a trip to tha ville to play LC. Sisco has done a heck of a job getting this young UC team in a great position but they are probably a year or 2 away from being that serious of a threat during tourney time. I howeever see the right now as the 2nd best team in District 14 which gives them a legit shot at reaching sub-state. Lake Co. heads to Liberty tonight for round 2 with the crusaders. The first game was a war in Tiptonville and I hope for the same tonight in Jackson. Liberty is a deeper and bigger team than LC and provide us with mach-up problems. LC MUST play aggressive defense and limit mistakes to have a chance to pull off the upset. Next week LC travels to Humbldt ccon tuesday night before returning home on friday to play greenfield. They also host Jackson Southside on Saturday in T'ville as well.

UC is always a threat in this district come tournament time....If they continue to improve and lose only one more game, say the road game at LC, they most definitely will be a serious threat come tourney time just by the confidence factor alone...

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you were playing Greenfield and Bradford...You're Humboldt...And I'll play your game...I didn't say a word about racism....

No you didn't say a word and that's good, you asked what I was saying and I told you. I also agree with the other part of your post about the coaching issue. You were not there and yes the ref blew a very crucial call and others, but the fact that the refs were against us was brought up by a Greenfield fan. I never commented until he said something. See we get this all the time, weather you all admit or not. It's a fact and discussed regularly even in our best of the seasons, even when we were dominating it was going on. It's not a secret. Now as far as why it's going on you guys tell me. You all threw the card not me, I just said there are differences, not in the players but in the ways the refs call when we are in these situations. It's not racism - possibly favortism but not racism. The fact is if the refs can keep the game close by numerous foul calling or bogus foul calling they are going to do it when we play against certain teams. Sorry guys it's true, black, white, yellow or green. Facts are Facts!!

Could you please push the report button...................................on yourself

I am sick of your socalled non racial comments.

As usual - favortism when dealing with issues is called racism. you guys are so backwards and will pull the card anythime there's a dissagreement. I've said nothing racial, you read that into what I was saying without asking. You ask and I explain then you still say it is.

Then your own true fan says: The refs had an issue with Humboldt but then thanks them. C'mon. But I know what the issue is because you keep bringing it up.

We can't change what we are - so if that's what the issue was then so be it. Thanks for being honest.

No you didn't say a word and that's good, you asked what I was saying and I told you. I also agree with the other part of your post about the coaching issue. You were not there and yes the ref blew a very crucial call and others, but the fact that the refs were against us was brought up by a Greenfield fan. I never commented until he said something. See we get this all the time, weather you all admit or not. It's a fact and discussed regularly even in our best of the seasons, even when we were dominating it was going on. It's not a secret. Now as far as why it's going on you guys tell me. You all threw the card not me, I just said there are differences, not in the players but in the ways the refs call when we are in these situations. It's not racism - possibly favortism but not racism. The fact is if the refs can keep the game close by numerous foul calling or bogus foul calling they are going to do it when we play against certain teams. Sorry guys it's true, black, white, yellow or green. Facts are Facts!!

Quit saying "you" or "you guys" when replying to one of my posts on this particular subject...

You are talking to a UNION CITY fan NOBODY likes us....EVERYBODY wants to beat us...We beat G-field and we beat B-ford....Looks to me like Humboldt needs to pull up their big boy drawers and deal with it....Ya'll have talent to burn, athletes to burn and shouldn't be getting beat by anyone in this district but us and LC and maybe Trenton every once in awhile...Since we dropped to 1A only Humboldt, LC, Trenton and G-field has beaten us(If my memory serves me)...We get everyone's best game every... night...

Quit saying "you" or "you guys" when replying to one of my posts on this particular subject...

You are talking to a UNION CITY fan NOBODY likes us....EVERYBODY wants to beat us...We beat G-field and we beat B-ford....Looks to me like Humboldt needs to pull up their big boy drawers and deal with it....Ya'll have talent to burn, athletes to burn and shouldn't be getting beat by anyone in this district but us and LC and maybe Trenton every once in awhile...Since we dropped to 1A only Humboldt, LC, Trenton and G-field has beaten us(If my memory serves me)...We get everyone's best game every... night...

If you had seen the call, you wold have been as shocked as everyone else in the gym. I just so happened to be reading and rarely post. then I see the comment by a greenfield fan that says: I don't know what the refs had against humboldt but thanks.

So I asked what could they have against Humboldt? Get some honesty in here. Not that crap that it was a good call. It's not the only one it was just the one that gave an automatic win to them. It crushed our kids, it was so aweful that our teenagers were just shocked that some one could just cheat them like that, and it happens with these teams that I have mentioned --- that's not racism!!

And yes I see it with UC also as far as getting the awful calls unless they are playing Humboldt, lake co, Trenton: so you tell me what's the problem.

Edited by redgold83

If you had seen the call, you wold have been as shocked as everyone else in the gym. I just so happened to be reading and rarely post. then I see the comment by a greenfield fan that says: I don't know what the refs had against humboldt but thanks.

So I asked what could they have against Humboldt? Get some honesty in here. Not that crap that it was a good call. It's not the only one it was just the one that gave an automatic win to them. It crushed our kids, it was so aweful that our teenagers were just shocked that some one could just cheat them like that, and it happens with these teams that I have mentioned --- that's not racism!!

And yes I see it with UC also as far as getting the awful calls unless they are playing Humboldt, lake co, Trenton: so you tell me what's the problem.

I'll tell you what I think....I think we have an abundance of bad officials...I don't think one team gets bad calls over another...I think home teams get "home court" calls...That's how it always is...And to be perfectly honest, the road fans think officials are terrible while the home fans think they are fair...It's perception...

Okay, Redgold, I guess you meant that the refs drive the same kind of cars, or wear bluejeans like Greenfield and Bradford people. Is that what you meant when you said that the refs look like them? and call against teams that look like Humboldt? I get it now....it's that they wear the same kind of tennis shoes as the Greenfield and Bradford people. :roll:

And, Redgold, I guess you're totally dismissing the fact that the Humboldt player threw his knee into the Greenfield player???????? That's a foul, Dude. And, if the ref hadnt called it, then the Greenfield players would've been sad and devastated by the loss. So??????

Yall got beat by Greenfield. I know that is very upsetting to a big school like Humboldt to deal with....but, you got beat. That's it. Pure and simple.

Also, why do you keep calling AAU a Greenfield fan? Is he? AAU, are you a fan of the Jackets? live in Greenfield? Because, Redgold is putting a lot of stock in the fact that you spoke first...before he made his comments which he'll report if I mention them again.

Seriously, Redgold, I can tell you this for a fact....99% of the Greenfield fans would say that the refs were not calling it our way....lol

With all due respect Coach T posters: I have not played any race card nor have I ever. This is the way you chose to see my post. Now if you feel that race was an issue in the game you should say something. No I'm never mad about losing. You witnessed what happened don't try to twist anything. It's wrong for you to insinuate that I have said anything racial. I hate when that happens.

PLEASE KEEP RACE, BLACK AND WHITE OFF THE BOARDS. IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO EVER GO THERE. ONE MORE TIME AND I'M PRESSING THE REPORT BUTTON.

why bring BRADFORD into it if it was not some sort of NON-RACE issue to you. Bradford boys get no special treatment. They have been a non factor for years now. Sounds and smells fishy. Just saying. And please tell us what you meant. Please elaborate. Edited by daroundball

Oh well, pretend that there are no issues. That's the way it's always been. As I said, here in Humboldt, we are use to it, but we will show up and play anyway. Talking to you guys who pretend to be blind will not solve anything. All the points have been made, you guys say it was racism, I say it was favortism. We will continue to play 8 when we play against you guys. Good luck and hope one day the favortism and all will just quit and let the kids be kids.

It's ok to lose and it's ok to win, but it should never be in the hands of the refs to determine. I wasn't at the Bradford game and don't know what happen and can't complain.

But I know a bogus call gave Greenfield the game and the same official made bogus calls which made the other two officials scratch their head, while he turned away and didn't face them. but you all wouldn't have seen that because their backs were to the Greenfield crowd.

It's all good, but some serious fires have been lit. Can't wait for the rematch.

Edited by redgold83

Oh well, pretend that there are no issues. That's the way it's always been. As I said, here in Humboldt, we are use to it, but we will show up and play anyway. Talking to you guys who pretend to be blind will not solve anything. All the points have been made, you guys say it was racism, I say it was favortism. We will continue to play 8 when we play against you guys. Good luck and hope one day the favortism and all will just quit and let the kids be kids.

Okay, Redgold, let's approach this another way. Why would the refs favor Bradford and Greenfield? lol. I mean, seriously...for what reason? Do you think they live in Bradford and Greenfield? Do you think they love the color of our uniforms? Do you think they pull for the underdog? I mean, what???

Also, if the refs have been for Bradford and Greenfield, then why in the basketball rim have Bradford and Greenfield been getting beat by Humboldt for....how long now? And, Lake Co. and UC beat us both a lot....so, maybe its all the Bradford and Greenfield people that should be complaining about the refs showing favoritism?