Greeneville vs West Greene

gvillealltheway

49 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

Respect - I saw nothing on the thread of Alcoa after the game but respect by Greenville and Alcoa alike . Respect - I saw nothing but humiliation by Greenville toward south Greene after the game . Think about it you trash one team who did the best they could do and give nothing but love and appreciation to another . (I know they are reigning state champs but the 3 teams you will trash are neighbors ). Every time someone makes a comment about how many yards a wg player has or how many tackles a sg player has the trashing of these players start . And these are players that would be starters in your backfield and at your linebacker position but some of you will say no way they would and make derogatory comments as to why . Give it and you will receive it , I mean it worked with Alcoa didn't it ?

Respect - I saw nothing on the thread of Alcoa after the game but respect by Greenville and Alcoa alike . Respect - I saw nothing but humiliation by Greenville toward south Greene after the game . Think about it you trash one team who did the best they could do and give nothing but love and appreciation to another . (I know they are reigning state champs but the 3 teams you will trash are neighbors ). Every time someone makes a comment about how many yards a wg player has or how many tackles a sg player has the trashing of these players start . And these are players that would be starters in your backfield and at your linebacker position but some of you will say no way they would and make derogatory comments as to why . Give it and you will receive it , I mean it worked with Alcoa didn't it ?

Your comparing a 7 time state championship team to West Greene and South Greene. Do you really think West Greene and South Greene deserve the same respect that Alcoa gets? That my friend is also ridiculous.

But GC, Alcoa fans didn't whine about late hits and cut blocks like the SG faithful did...you expect Greeneville fans to win with class,but the county fans have a tendency to revert to class warfare after a loss...that's just as bad. And the players are caught in the crossfire. They handle the rivalry much better than we do I'm afraid

Like i said before you have to earn respect GCSF, it never given. Greeneville earned respect against Alcoa last friday and Alcoa said they got beat by a better team. The problem with the county fans more tha players is there is always an excuse. ex. you have more students, GHS recruits, you play dirty, etc. You will never get respect that way. Just because someone has good stats playing against weaker teams does not mean they would start for GHS. Would they get playing time i'm sure they would but to say Boles would start over Shuffler or Hall, or SG's LB over Perkins,Epperson,Kenney, or Thorton can't be made. There is a different kind of ball being played at GHS compared to County teams and thats coming from County parents that have players on these county teams.

The bottom line is that if Greeneville goes to West Greene and wins by 50 they are bullies and they ran the score up. If Greeneville goes to West Greene and wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns, then it was close game. All of this is according to the "county fans" who don't say anything or push the issues like they say the Greeneville fans do. I feel sorry for the Boles kid. He is probably a great kid, but he is being pulled through the mud because so many people talk about how great he is and what he will do on Friday. Again, bottome line is that last year against the devil's first team defense he rushed for negative yards. That is a fact. There will be similar results this year, because the devil D will be out to prove what they are. They are pretty darn good, will be great. The county schools will always dislike Greeneville. Call it jealousy, fear, disrespect or whatever. West Greene should understand that your head coach writes several checks with his mouth every year that he can't cash. Bottom Line - If you don't want them dancing, then keep them out of the end zone. Sorry, it is what it is.

You don't start a thread with "How many yards can Boles get?" and then sit back like you didn't expect a flame war. He's a good kid and a good running back....he can thank the WGHS fans for putting that big ole target on his back with this thread.

Coach Case is doing a great job with West Greene and that should be good enough but, for some reason, it's not good enough for his own fans.

As far as Greeneville's "money man".....last time I checked he had bought stuff for West Greene, Chuckey-Doak, North Greene, South Greene, Greeneville, Happy Valley, Tusculum College, Johnson City Medical Center, and many other smaller donations that are too numerous to list.

There was no "money man" when the football coaches were grading and leveling the field by hand in the 80's. Or Coach Keicher mowing and painting so it would be perfect. That field was built by coaches....I mean it, Coach Sorrells and his staff graded, leveled, and sodded the entire field by hand. So, don't insult those men with your bull-crap. Ohhhhh.....pretty turf. The foundation that the rug sits on was laid down with love, sweat, hard work, dedication, and desire for something better. You doubt me? Go ask Sorrells, Franklin, O'dell, Hollowell, Blair and see if you get by with that crap.

That's ridiculous! Like swipes said respect is earned not given. What has the county schools done to earn the respect of GHS on the football field?

I disagree with the respect comment. Everyone I meet already has my respect because they are a human being. Now, they could lose that respect within 5 seconds, but don't have to "earn" it. That is one of our many problems, we appear to expect stuff from people before we give them our respect. What do the county KIDS have to do to earn the respect from Greeneville? Greeneville has an absolute powerhouse football program right now. I don't respect them more for that, I respect them because they are hard-working KIDS! However, the county KIDS work hard too. I hate hearing whining and excuses too, but that is what most KIDS do. They lie, make excuses, or blame someone else--been like that ever since Adam and Eve!

It goes both ways bud. When I played at GHS all the county schools would run their mouth about how they would beat us if we played. Now that they do get to play kids still run their mouth. It's a county rivalry so there is going to be trash talk on both sides. You have to earn respect its not just given like you say.

See man, you just read what you wanted to read. I'm pretty sure I said some. And some break it for the rest. Everyone deserves respect until you lose it. Some people on both ends of this conversation have lost mine, but the kids at both schools should get it.

I disagree with the respect comment. Everyone I meet already has my respect because they are a human being. Now, they could lose that respect within 5 seconds, but don't have to "earn" it. That is one of our many problems, we appear to expect stuff from people before we give them our respect. What do the county KIDS have to do to earn the respect from Greeneville? Greeneville has an absolute powerhouse football program right now. I don't respect them more for that, I respect them because they are hard-working KIDS! However, the county KIDS work hard too. I hate hearing whining and excuses too, but that is what most KIDS do. They lie, make excuses, or blame someone else--been like that ever since Adam and Eve!

Definition of Respect: A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements. You don't just meet someone and automaticaly respect them. Yea you will be nice to them because they are a human being but you cant deeply admire someone for their abilitis or achievements when you don't know them. That is why i've always think respect is earned not given. How you earn respect from Greeneville is going out and giving it your all, WITHOUT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH before the games (that goes for parents, player, and coaches). You don't want to put fuel to a fire and get mad when someone calls you out on it and think GHS is Snobs for it.

That's ridiculous! Like swipes said respect is earned not given. What has the county schools done to earn the respect of GHS on the football field?

They've worked hard off the field just as GHS has. They show up every week and give their hearts out for their teammates and schools. They game plan and take every snap every Friday night. Lately, they have been winning most of their games. CD, SG, and WG all made the playoffs last year and all look like they can go again this year as well as NG. Are they going to go far in the playoffs or win a state championship? No. But they play hard and work hard and that KevO deserves your respect.

You don't start a thread with "How many yards can Boles get?" and then sit back like you didn't expect a flame war. He's a good kid and a good running back....he can thank the WGHS fans for putting that big ole target on his back with this thread.

Coach Case is doing a great job with West Greene and that should be good enough but, for some reason, it's not good enough for his own fans.

As far as Greeneville's "money man".....last time I checked he had bought stuff for West Greene, Chuckey-Doak, North Greene, South Greene, Greeneville, Happy Valley, Tusculum College, Johnson City Medical Center, and many other smaller donations that are too numerous to list.

There was no "money man" when the football coaches were grading and leveling the field by hand in the 80's. Or Coach Keicher mowing and painting so it would be perfect. That field was built by coaches....I mean it, Coach Sorrells and his staff graded, leveled, and sodded the entire field by hand. So, don't insult those men with your bull-crap. Ohhhhh.....pretty turf. The foundation that the rug sits on was laid down with love, sweat, hard work, dedication, and desire for something better. You doubt me? Go ask Sorrells, Franklin, O'dell, Hollowell, Blair and see if you get by with that crap.

I'm pretty sure a Greeneville fan started the thread.

See man, you just read what you wanted to read. I'm pretty sure I said some. And some break it for the rest. Everyone deserves respect until you lose it. Some people on both ends of this conversation have lost mine, but the kids at both schools should get it.

I read exactly what you said you said "It's just hard on them sometimes because of some (not all) Greeneville fans still run their mouth. I will also be the first to say that some (not all) county fans deserve a little smack talk." I agreed with you that Greeneville fans run their mouth but your comment made it sound very one sided when it goes back and forth. The only thing we don't agree on is the respect thing and i'm fine with that. I have no problem with county people because alot my friends went to county schools and I was suppose to go to a county school. :thumb: