New West TN Top 12

QBClubPrez

After Friday September 23rd's games...this is how the top West Tennessee teams should stack up in a "who's the best" list.

1. Whitehaven (6-0) beat Memphis Central 33-7

2. Henry County (6-0) beat West Creek 42-6

3. Arlington (5-1) beat Briarcrest Christian 28-25

4. MUS (3-3) beat Memphis East 41-0

5. White Station (3-2) idle

6. Lexington (5-0) beat Scotts Hill 51-0

7. Christian Bros.(4-1) beat Collierville 37-14

8. Brighton (4-1) beat Millington 42-20

9. Milan (5-0) beat Crockett County 49-13

10. St. Benedict (5-0) beat Jackson Central Merry 42-21

11. ECS (5-0) beat Jackson Christian 50-9

12. TIE Dyer Co. (5-1) beat Bartlett 33-9

TIE Obion Co. (6-0) beat Montgomery Central 50-30

Honorable Mention:

Memphis East (5-1) lost to MUS 41-0

Chester County (5-0) idle

St. George's (5-1) beat Harding Academy 31-21

USJ (5-1) beat SBEC 37-14

Millington (4-1) lost to Brighton 42-20

Huntingdon (6-0) beat Camden 28-13

Humboldt (4-1) beat McKenzie 20-13

Covington (4-1) idle

Wooddale (3-2) idle

Germantown (3-2) beat Kingsbury 35-7

Adamsville (5-1) beat Collinwood 14-6

Again...let's hear the comments, complaints, and modifications! Please be able to sell/prove your case! Enjoy!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QBPrez....Is Liberty still in your top 10 teams in rural West TN? A loss to a 1-4 (now 2-4) North Side team tonight is a painful loss on Liberty's behalf. You were pretty big on how good Liberty was....

The Crusaders are indeed talented..however....not very disciplined, consistant, or particulary deep or durable! Therefore, in my eyes, Liberty's stock has definately falling and I'm while they still have some value...do I think they could beat a team on the honorable mention list??...probably..but it depends on which Crusaders show up to the stadium...and in my opinion...until they can decide if they are a contender or not...they're not worth "mentioning" with the other "honorables!"

P.S. If they were only listed among the "rurals"..they might be hiding around the number 10 mark or the "honorables"...

Edited by QBClubPrez

QBPrez....Is Liberty still in your top 10 teams in rural West TN? A loss to a 1-4 (now 2-4) North Side team tonight is a painful loss on Liberty's behalf. You were pretty big on how good Liberty was....

After beating Dyer Co. and pounding McNairy Central, they looked like they should've been mentioned. They played Lexington to the wire, but after tonight, they have taken a back seat. They are indeed a very talented team, and I'll admit they have played a tough schedule for the most part, but they haven't shown the consistency to be mentioned on this list.

OCVOL....Thus they (OCCHS) is on the list..howbeit..tied with Dyer County. The Prez is loving the fact that the Rebs are apparently "cruising through the "011" campaign and there seems to be only one hurdle left in the Covington Chargers in 3 weeks! Let's remember however that those 50 were scored on the MCCHS Indians WHO..barely "squeeked" by the Rossview Hawks...WHO quite honostly maybe as bad of a football team in the midstate. As you know...a win is a win...and you are what your record says you are...(UNDEFEATED)...did you say the Rebs scored 36 in the 3rd quarter? The Indians held the Rebs to a 14-0 halftime score? Now that is surprising....

Edited by QBClubPrez

Redswarm, I've seen Liberty this year. They're extremely skilled at the skill positions. However, for some reason things just aren't clicking for the Crusaders. I saw both of these teams at the SportsPlus Jambo and there's no way Liberty should've lost to North Side. Besides Adam Craig, North Side is nowhere near as good as last year.

And also, Obion Co. is legit this year. They're alot better than both North Side and Liberty, I promise you. You're not giving them the love yet, but they will go undefeated in the regular season and should go deep into the playoffs.

Redswarm, I've seen Liberty this year. They're extremely skilled at the skill positions. However, for some reason things just aren't clicking for the Crusaders. I saw both of these teams at the SportsPlus Jambo and there's no way Liberty should've lost to North Side. Besides Adam Craig, North Side is nowhere near as good as last year.

And also, Obion Co. is legit this year. They're alot better than both North Side and Liberty, I promise you. You're not giving them the love yet, but they will go undefeated in the regular season and should go deep into the playoffs.

GCPioneer...as one of my favorite Coacht posters...I am puzzled that you would say "you're not giving them the love yet" on this thread! Did you read the list above? Did I not add them to the 12th spot in a tie with Dyer County? Do you see Liberty or Northside mentioned? Remember GC...I too have seen the Rebels play...howbeit in the preseason during the first week of August in Troy! This marked the 2nd year for the Patriot/Rebel scrimmage which I hope becomes an annual event! I was very impressed with the athletes on the field and the distance they have traveled in the last year! BUT...Let's ALL keep in mind that although undefeated, OCCHS has beaten teams with an overall record of 11-22 at the halfway mark of the regular season. True..a team can't help who's on the schedule..but Westview is the only win for the Rebs over a team with a winning record (Westview 3-2). Is there a team in the above post from spots 1-11 that you feel 100% certain that Obion Co. would defeat either at home, on the road, or at a neutral location? I couldn't find one...as a matter of fact...there are a couple on the "Honorable Mention" list that I can guarantee would give the Rebels fits...such as East, Germantown, Wooddale...and we're all gonna find out the difference between OCCHS and Covington on Oct. 14th. Given the undefeated status..I felt compelled to add OCCHS to the list...which I feel has indeed been earned...but let's face the "cold, hard facts"..the jury is still out on Obion Co.! If I were a Rebel fan...I would just enjoy the ride...and not "rock the boat" in fear of a major let down before November!

Edited by QBClubPrez

GCPioneer...as one of my favorite Coacht posters...I am puzzled that you would say "you're not giving them the love yet" on this thread! Did you read the list above? Did I not add them to the 12th spot in a tie with Dyer County? Do you see Liberty or Northside mentioned? Remember GC...I too have seen the Rebels play...howbeit in the preseason during the first week of August in Troy! This marked the 2nd year for the Patriot/Rebel scrimmage which I hope becomes an annual event! I was very impressed with the athletes on the field and the distance they have traveled in the last year! BUT...Let's ALL keep in mind that although undefeated, OCCHS has beaten teams with an overall record of 11-22 at the halfway mark of the regular season. True..a team can't help who's on the schedule..but Westview is the only win for the Rebs over a team with a winning record (Westview 3-2). Is there a team in the above post from spots 1-11 that you feel 100% certain that Obion Co. would defeat either at home, on the road, or at a neutral location? I couldn't find one...as a matter of fact...there are a couple on the "Honorable Mention" list that I can guarantee would give the Rebels fits...such as East, Germantown, Wooddale...and we're all gonna find out the difference between OCCHS and Covington on Oct. 14th. Given the undefeated status..I felt compelled to add OCCHS to the list...which I feel has indeed been earned...but let's face the "cold, hard facts"..the jury is still out on Obion Co.! If I were a Rebel fan...I would just enjoy the ride...and not "rock the boat" in fear of a major let down before November!

the teams your lexington has played is 6-20 combined record. so lets stop beating up on OC and there sch. everyone in the top plays week teams. thats the way it has always been