(2A) AP POLL Sept. 26th

BDF36

I mean if your happy being #1 and no chance at a gold ball then I guess your right. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I know, just take #2 thru #10 off his list and start another list... "ELIGIBLE Teams Playing For The Gold Ball"....at least we H-Town DOGS could move up to 6th...maybe more if we ever play anyone! :rolleyes:

Then GC can play themselves for the championship! (That would keep the TSSAA investigators busy!)

I know, just take #2 thru #10 off his list and start another list... "ELIGIBLE Teams Playing For The Gold Ball"....at least we H-Town DOGS could move up to 6th...maybe more if we ever play anyone! :rolleyes:

Then GC can play themselves for the championship! (That would keep the TSSAA investigators busy!)

This question may have already been answered...but Is Grace playoff eligible this year?

Why isn't Grace Christian eligible for the playoffs? Probation?

Back to the top ten......I knew Hampton and Boyd Buchanan fans would complain about my rankings so....let's look a little further into the numbers.....

Boyd Buchanan's last 3 opponents' overall record 7-9.

Hampton's last 5 opponents' overall record 13-14.

Both teams have had some success in the playoffs over the last 7 years, more so Boyd Buchanan, but both teams always seem to come up short when they finally play a team from middle tn. I know Boyd Buch. won it in '03 and has been runner up twice '04 and '09...and I think Boyd will be in the semis this year, but Hampton with the weak east tn brackets will fall short in either the 2nd or 3rd round. If they set the teams up like they did last year then I see Humbolt, Boyd, and TC in the semis, not real sure about the 4th team...either McKenzie, Dresden, or Adamsville. TC may have to go west this year though. Which will help Hampton maybe reach the semis, we will know more as Friendship Christian and Cascade finish up their regular seasons. Keep an eye on Forrest too.

Why isn't Grace Christian eligible for the playoffs? Probation?

Back to the top ten......I knew Hampton and Boyd Buchanan fans would complain about my rankings so....let's look a little further into the numbers.....

Both teams have had some success in the playoffs over the last 7 years, more so Boyd Buchanan, but both teams always seem to come up short when they finally play a team from middle tn. I know Boyd Buch. won it in '03 and has been runner up twice '04 and '09...and I think Boyd will be in the semis this year, but Hampton with the weak east tn brackets will fall short in either the 2nd or 3rd round. If they set the teams up like they did last year then I see Humbolt, Boyd, and TC in the semis, not real sure about the 4th team...either McKenzie, Dresden, or Adamsville. TC may have to go west this year though. Which will help Hampton maybe reach the semis, we will know more as Friendship Christian and Cascade finish up their regular seasons. Keep an eye on Forrest too.

Opinions differ, these polls dont really mean crap but the fact of the matter is yea, weve got a weak schedule SOME yrs but we play every1 we can up here... The crop of kids are a little better to choose from depending on where ur at.... By ur standards the AP POLL should just be called the MID TN OR WEST POLL. Its pointless for a team to travel 3 or 4 hrs for a ballgame. Weve had several good team over the past several yrs but injuries have came to bite us come playoff time and in some cases inexperience. Either way with or without a state championship, weve got one of the best traditions of football. U can always bet that if u come to play the DAWGS ure goin to get hit in the mouth and remeber that u played them, WIN OR LOSE!!!!! Us lil ol country boys up here in the east will just sit back and watch the game, thanks for ur interest in every1s records and who theyve played, atleast some1 is concerned for us...we dont wanna get hurt

Why isn't Grace Christian eligible for the playoffs? Probation?Back to the top ten......I knew Hampton and Boyd Buchanan fans would complain about my rankings so....let's look a little further into the numbers.....

YEP! And all us rednecks in Hampton are skeered because they say they're coming after us! :o

This year's Hampton team has all the ingredients to go deep in the playoffs. You say the same things about H-Town's football program this season as was said about our basketball program last season....Those that dismissed us as weak, during basketball playoffs, left Mboro before Hampton did :thumb:

I expect the 'talkers' are a bit off base about BULLDOG football weakness this year also...Just have to wait and see.

And even though Rockwoods record don't look that impressive,I've got a feeling they are pretty dang good. Regions 3 and 4 has several teams that are pretty evenly matched. Grace has to be the top team, but Oneida ,Rockwood,Coalfield ,Greenback,OS and Sunbrite could beat any of the others on any given night.Makes for some great Friday nights.

pujo I think your exactly right on Rockwood. I know they lost to seqoyIA and I don't know their record or who else they play but I will tell you this they lined up and run all over us the first half . We played much better the second half and scored a touchdown a piece . I know we don't figure in with the better teams in 3a but we would do pretty good in 2a . Rockwood is big , strong and have a couple good backs . I cant imagine the strength of all these teams that are listed if Rockwood is not a top 10 team . I was impressed with them .

Here's your true top 10:

1.Grace Christian 5-0 (Opp.Record: 16-13)

2.Trousdale Co. 4-1 (Opp.Record 11-13)

3.Humbolt 4-1 (Opp.Record 15-13)

4.Boyd Buchanan 6-0 (Opp.Record 11-20)--Play somebody and you deserve #1

5.McKenzie 3-2 (Opp.Record 15-11)

6.Dresden 5-1 (Opp.Record 14-19)

7.Hampton 5-0 (Opp.Record 6-20)---Play somebody, good grief!

8.Adamsville 5-1 (Opp.Record 11-20)

9.Friendship Christian 4-2 (Opp.Record 12-18)

10.Cascade 4-2 (Opp.Record 12-20)

You talk about teams folding in the playoffs,take a look at you're list and pick me out the teams who have won the state. I don't have a problem with you're rankings but what makes any of these teams that much stronger than the others. In my humble opinion,everyone is chaseing Trousdale. I even think Rockwood and Oneida would compete quite well with some of this top 10.

Another thing is ,why bring up the teams opponents,these teams won't be playing the teams opponent,they have to play you.

pujo I think your exactly right on Rockwood. I know they lost to seqoyIA and I don't know their record or who else they play but I will tell you this they lined up and run all over us the first half . We played much better the second half and scored a touchdown a piece . I know we don't figure in with the better teams in 3a but we would do pretty good in 2a . Rockwood is big , strong and have a couple good backs . I cant imagine the strength of all these teams that are listed if Rockwood is not a top 10 team . I was impressed with them .

2a has some very good football teams,you can't look at the number of As to size up a team. Both Trousdale and FC took Sm to the wire last season and now look what SM is doing in 4a. Not all these teams are better than Rockwood or Oneida either for that matter. Don't feel too bad about how Rockwood ran the ball on you,they rushed for over 400 yards last week.