Big Games in Memphis

kwc

I've selected 7 games this week as 'Big Games in Memphis'. Those 7 are as follows:

1) Craigmont @ Arlington

2) Briarcrest @ ECS

3) East @ Central

4) CBHS @ MUS

5) Collierville @ Germantown

6) Wooddale vs Ridgeway @ Halle

7) FACS @ Harding

Analysis:

Game 1

Craigmont beat 4A Mitchell last week knocking Mitchell out of the AP top 10. Arlington had their hands full with Briarcrest winning a close one 28-25. This is a District 14 match-up that will determine playoff seeding for each team even though Craigmont is 5A and Arlington is 6A. Can the Arlington 'D' slow down Sam Craft and the Craigmont Chief's to get a win? Or, is it the other way around? Can the Craigmont 'D' slow down Mr. Reed and the high octane offense of the Arlington Tigers enough to outscore them? I'm leaning towards Arlington and the big WR they have to give the Craigmont 'D' fits.

Craigmont ... 21, Arlington 35.

Game 2

Briarcrest just lost a heartbreaker to Arlington last week. ECS has been on a roll all year. Does the bigger school overwhelm the smaller one? Does ECS have enough firepower to keep the bigger school at bay? Does depth come into play? My heart says ECS but my mind says Briarcrest. I think i'm going to go with my head this time.

Briarcrest ... 28, ECS ... 24

Game 3

East just got pummeled last week by a determined MUS squad. Central lost to Whitehaven last week by a wide margin ... but they were in the game up until the 4th quarter. This is a District 16 game that has significant playoff implications. I honestly see improvement in Central ... but not enough to win this game. I think Central is the medicine that gets East past last week's utter embarrasment.

East ... 35, Central ... 21

Game 4

CBHS is having a really good year with one hiccup caused by White Station. MUS has played murderer's row and are currently at 0.500 for the year. This, in my opinion is the game of the week. With the risk of having to eat another healthy dish of crow that will be fed to me by owlbooster if I am wrong; I think this will be a close, hard hitting affair with CBHS squeezing out a victory in a low scoring game.

CBHS ... 17, MUS ... 14

Game 5

Collierville has to win this game to make it into the post season. There is just way too much competition in District 15 and losing to Southwind didn't help their cause. Germantown, on the other hand isn't in such a precarious position to date, but it would behoove them to not take this Collierville team lightly. Considering the proximity of these schools, that usually isn't a problem. I don't think either coach will have a problem getting their team's attention this week in practice. But, until I've been convinced otherwise, I think Germantown is the better team.

Collierville ... 14, Germantown ... 28

Game 6

Wooddale is 3-2 on the season and two of those three wins are in district play. Ridgeway is 2-3 on the season, but guess what, both victories are in district play as well. The winner of this game has the upper hand for post season play. Two future SEC RB's are playing in this game. The question remains though ... who will win? Both have played pretty decent competition. Is Ridgeway as bad as some think? How good is Wooddale actually? Do we really know? The game is being played at Halle, which means there isn't a home field advantage. So ... again ... who wins? I think i'm going to go with the Roadrunners.

Wooddale ... 28, Ridgeway ... 35

Game 7

First Assembly Christian School is currently 4-2 on the year with both losses coming to ECS and St. George's. Harding Acadamy is also 4-2 on the season with both losses coming agaisnt ... guess ... go ahead ... guess. OK, I'll tell you ... ECS and St. George's. :o I know some of you could care less, but that's just it ... I picked this game just to bug some of you ... aaaaaannnnndddd ... to throw most of us out of our comfort zone. These are some pretty good little teams and I think this is going to be a good game. This game also is a D-2, AA West Region game that will determine playoff seeding. Since the Lions fared better in their losses then did the Crusaders ... i'm going with them.

FACS ... 21, Harding Acadamy ... 35

Well ... that's it for me. You guys know what to do!

P.S.

I've tallied the results up to Week 5 listed under a seperate thread. If interested in how you've done so far this year, go to link below and take a look.

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/216963-big-games-in-memphis-talley/

Edited by kwc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arlington vs Craigmont: Arlington wins in district play

Briarcrest vs ECS: Briarcrest wins

East vs Central: East wins (Will be looking to avenge embarassing loss)

MUS vs CBHS: MUS wins

Gtown vs Collierville: Gtown wins, overpowers the Dragons

Harding vs FACS: Harding wins (a guess)

Ridgeway vs Wooddale: Ridgeway wins

I've selected 7 games this week as 'Big Games in Memphis'. Those 7 are as follows:

1) Craigmont @ Arlington

2) Briarcrest @ ECS

3) East @ Central

4) CBHS @ MUS

7) FACS @ Harding

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/216963-big-games-in-memphis-talley/

1) IMHO, the winner of Craigmont vs. Arlington, should have the inside track at the District 14 AAA Crown. Sam Craft is the real deal. He's a winner, but Arlington does have some of the best coaching in the Shelby Metro Area. With that Being said I think the Chiefs are still a bit better overall than Arlington. Craigmont 24- Arlington 14.

2) I like BJ Neagle and company to score early and often. Briarcrest 38- ECS 17

3) District 16 AAA, is shaping up nicely. This game has some playoff implications. I think Kimbrow bounces back, gets 150+ rushing yards and Memphis East wins going away. East 32 - Central 14

4) These Memphis Private School Power houses have taken themselves to heck and back with their out of conference schedules. Both teams have legit RBs, that could easily play football on the next level. With that being said, I think CBHS' QB play maybe better, HOWEVER, that home-field advantage for MUS is real! CBHS 20- MUS 24

5) Oh how I used to hate these two teams back in my playing days at Whitehaven when we had the good ole 8-5A regional play. As I digress, I think Mr. Lowe for G-Town has a big time game and the Red Devils win easily at home. Collierville 14- G-Town 34

6) This to me is the game of the week. The battle of East Memphis, Ridgeway vs. Wooddale. Talent will be everywhere on the field in this pivotal District 15AAA match-up. Playoffs and Braggin' rights are at stake in this game! The Roadrunners with the super fast combo of Dawson and Walton to me have the slight edge over Auburn commit, Javon Robinson. But in reality its about which defense comes to play. I think Ridgeway's D has a chip on its shoulder and will make just enough critical stops to hold off the Cardinals. Ridgeway 26- Wooddale 24

7) KWC, u know better!!! :wacko:

good luck to all the Players who will be playing ball this weekend. I may actually miss the Whitehaven game this week. We're playing Hamilton and it MTSU's Homecoming. I have a real tough decision to make 8-) ... We haven't lost to the Wildcats since either 92 or 93. RESPECT DA HAVEN

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Craigmont over Arlington -Craigmont has a problem against the run. This will be a run some shoot alot game , I think they match up well in this one.

Briarcrest over ECS

East big over Central Not even close. KWC must be a Central fan as well keeps puttting them in tne big game list.

Believe it or not Owlbooster I am picking MUS in this one close 27-24.

G-Town by 2 tds over Collierville

ECS over Harding and I too am just guessing

Ridgeway over Wooddale

And you should have had Millington Vs Cordova on here The Wolves did beat Craigmont , district game has some impact on 6A playoffs.

Great Job on the talley page.

1) Craigmont @ Arlington

2) Briarcrest @ ECS

3) East @ Central

4) CBHS @ MUS

7) FACS @ Harding

Arl 38 -- Crg 28 ... Arlington is obviously not as bad as I once thought... Crgmont is not as solid...

ECS 31 -- Brc 28 ... ECS will outlast Briarcrest.

East vs Central ?? ... (haven't they already played?)... East 33 -- Central 20

MUS 28 -- CBHS 20 ... MUS is simply more battle tested.

Gtwn 34 -- Coll 17 ... Germantown rolls (unfortunately)!

RW 35 -- WD 28 ...... This will be an exciting game!

Har 31 -- FACS 20 ... I'm picking the home team.

-------------------------------------

Millington 24 -- Cordova 14

Edited by TraderB

Craigmont over Arlington -Craigmont has a problem against the run. This will be a run some shoot alot game , I think they match up well in this one.

Briarcrest over ECS

East big over Central Not even close. KWC must be a Central fan as well keeps puttting them in tne big game list.

Believe it or not Owlbooster I am picking MUS in this one close 27-24.

G-Town by 2 tds over Collierville

ECS over Harding and I too am just guessing

Ridgeway over Wooddale

And you should have had Millington Vs Cordova on here The Wolves did beat Craigmont , district game has some impact on 6A playoffs.

Great Job on the talley page.

MUS vs CBHS is a true tossup. And a great rivalry. I do think the game will produce fewer than 51 points, though I think MUS is more likely than CBHS to be able to break it open, i.e has more "big play" capability, but only if Van Hook is healthy and playing - don't know his game status. And the best team "on paper" does not always win this game. For example, in 2005, CBHS "on paper" was probably a little better than MUS. MUS lost the regular season game in the mud at MUS despite outplaying the Bros, but MUS won the Clinic Bowl over CBHS despite being outplayed overall by CBHS. MUS scored the winning TD on the last possession after getting some remarkable breaks. As they say, the game's "played on the field..."

When the Owls offense is not turning the ball over in their own territory (something usually very atypical for an MUS team) the defense tends to be very good at preventing the opponent from scoring. CBHS seems to have a stout D also. Barring a big TO discrepancy, this should be low-scoring and very close.

1) Craigmont @ Arlington

2) Briarcrest @ ECS

3) East @ Central

4) CBHS @ MUS

7) FACS @ Harding

Analysis:

Game 1

Craigmont beat 4A Mitchell last week knocking Mitchell out of the AP top 10. Arlington had their hands full with Briarcrest winning a close one 28-25. This is a District 14 match-up that will determine playoff seeding for each team even though Craigmont is 5A and Arlington is 6A. Can the Arlington 'D' slow down Sam Craft and the Craigmont Chief's to get a win? Or, is it the other way around? Can the Craigmont 'D' slow down Mr. Reed and the high octane offense of the Arlington Tigers enough to outscore them? I'm leaning towards Arlington and the big WR they have to give the Craigmont 'D' fits.

Craigmont ... 21, Arlington 35.

Game 2

Briarcrest just lost a heartbreaker to Arlington last week. ECS has been on a roll all year. Does the bigger school overwhelm the smaller one? Does ECS have enough firepower to keep the bigger school at bay? Does depth come into play? My heart says ECS but my mind says Briarcrest. I think i'm going to go with my head this time.

Briarcrest ... 28, ECS ... 24

Game 3

East just got pummeled last week by a determined MUS squad. Central lost to Whitehaven last week by a wide margin ... but they were in the game up until the 4th quarter. This is a District 16 game that has significant playoff implications. I honestly see improvement in Central ... but not enough to win this game. I think Central is the medicine that gets East past last week's utter embarrasment.

East ... 35, Central ... 21

Game 4

CBHS is having a really good year with one hiccup caused by White Station. MUS has played murderer's row and are currently at 0.500 for the year. This, in my opinion is the game of the week. With the risk of having to eat another healty dish of crow that will be fed to me by owlbooster if I am wrong; I think this will be a close, hard hitting affair with CBHS squeezing out a victory in a low scoring game.

CBHS ... 17, MUS ... 14

Game 5

Collierville has to win this game to make it into the post season. There is just way too much competition in District 15 and losing to Southwind didn't help their cause. Germantown, on the other hand isn't in such a precarious position to date, but it would behoove them to not take this Collierville team lightly. Considering the proximity of these schools, that usually isn't a problem. I don't think either coach will have a problem getting their team's attention this week in practice. But, until I've been convinced otherwise, I think Germantown is the better team.

Collierville ... 14, Germantown ... 28

Game 6

Wooddale is 3-2 on the season and two of those three wins are in district play. Ridgeway is 2-3 on the season, but guess what, both victories are in district play as well. The winner of this game has the upper hand for post season play. Two future SEC RB's are playing in this game. The question remains though ... who will win? Both have played pretty decent competition. Is Ridgeway as bad as some think? How good is Wooddale actually? Do we really know? The game is being played at Halle, which means there isn't a home field advantage. So ... again ... who wins? I think i'm going to go with the Roadrunners.

Wooddale ... 28, Ridgeway ... 35

Game 7

First Assembly Christian School is currently 4-2 on the year with both losses coming to ECS and St. George's. Harding Acadamy is also 4-2 on the season with both losses coming agaisnt ... guess ... go ahead ... guess. OK, I'll tell you ... ECS and St. George's. :o I know some of you could care less, but that's just it ... I picked this game just to bug some of you ... aaaaaannnnndddd ... to throw most of us out of our comfort zone. These are some pretty good little teams and I think this is going to be a good game. This game also is a D-2, AA West Region game that will determine playoff seeding. Since the Lions fared better in their losses then did the Crusaders ... i'm going with them.

FACS ... 21, Harding Acadamy ... 35

Well ... that's it for me. You guys know what to do!

P.S.

I've tallied the results up to Week 5 listed under a seperate thread. If interested in how you've done so far this year, go to link below and take a look.

Pick away either way. I won't be in the kitchen this week. Either team can win.

1) Craigmont @ Arlington

2) Briarcrest @ ECS

3) East @ Central

4) CBHS @ MUS

7) FACS @ Harding

Craigmont Wins in a shocker 21-13

Briarcrest Wins in a close game 30-28

East had better win. Don't think it will be easy. 35-34

MUS Wins in a good one 28-27

G-town to much for Collierville 35-14

Ridgeway 35 Woodale 21

Harding Just guessing

Whitehaven. Just goin out on a limb!!RTH!!!

Arlington over Craigmont- Arlington seems to be for real this year and the Chiefs has shown some weakness.

Briacrest over ECS- Briacrest is not going down two weeks in a row

East over Central- a blow out

CBHS over MUS- The Brothers seemed to be out hussling their opponents this year and they will do the same this week in a close one

Germantown over Collierville- red devils a little more talent and they will take advantage of that

Ridgeway over Wooddale- just a wild hair on this one

FACS over Harding- don't know why

Millington over Cordova- The Trojans have got to take care of the ball and play with more passion. If they do that they won. Simple as that.

Edited by TNHSFOOTBALLFAN

7) KWC, u know better!!! :wacko:

BHS:

I know this is putting strain on your grey matter, ... LOLOLOL ... :roflol: but if you don't pick a winner it will count against you as a loss.

Sooooooo ... review their records and make an educated guess. Or ... just flip a coin ... lolololololol .... :roflol:

Anyway ... just pick who you think will win.