CAMDEN?

camdenfish

I'm going to laugh when Blow takes the team deeper in the playoffs than Ward ever did. He can be his own offensive coordinator if he wants to. This is not the NFL. It is high school football. To quote Mike Mansfield from his jr. high coaching days in Camden, "I'm tired of this b.s. boys, just get out on the field and win." Camden will be 8-2 going in. And if they're 7-3, they'll be just as prepared for the playoffs. I think Huntingdon was 6-4 or 7-3 the year they won the state championship. (I can't remember exactly but I know they weren't undefeated by far.) Go Lions! Take that WB Express to Cookeville.

@38320 I'm with you. I think they are going to be fine. Just need a little more time to work out some kinks. Talked to a couple of players last night they said practice this week has been hellish for the O-line. I hope for a much better performance from them this week. To matt: I guess maybe I took a couple of things a little out of context and retorted my opinion, but I still don't think this is the proper method for coach bashing. My Mama always said if you can't say something good, don't say nothing at all. If you have a problem with hm talk to him give him some coaching tips I'm sure he'll take it to heart(insert sarcasm here)Don't take that the wrong way I'm not really trying to stir things up. I can remember a few times on here when folks were bashing coach ward for some of his play calling too. All I'm trying to say is give him a chance, lets see what he an this team are capable of before we start jumping to the conclusion that he's not right for the job. No matter what happens, I'm a Camden fan.. and that makes me a Blow fan. Go Lions!

I think Huntingdon was 6-4 or 7-3 the year they won the state championship. (I can't remember exactly but I know they weren't undefeated by far.)

Huntingdon was 9-1 in 2003 when they won the state title. They lost in week five to Milan by 3 touchdowns. They beat Milan in the state semifinals 34-29 to avenge the regular season defeat and went on to crush Lipscomb in the title game (48-14).

The worst records by state title teams that I recall are Pearl-Cohn going 6-4 in 1996 and Livingston Academy going 5-5 in 2005. TCA I recall wasn't "stellar" during the regular season last year but they got to the playoffs and went on a magical run through the 2A state playoffs before they eventually fell to Signal Mountain in the title game.

I'm going to laugh when Blow takes the team deeper in the playoffs than Ward ever did. He can be his own offensive coordinator if he wants to. This is not the NFL. It is high school football. To quote Mike Mansfield from his jr. high coaching days in Camden, "I'm tired of this b.s. boys, just get out on the field and win." Camden will be 8-2 going in. And if they're 7-3, they'll be just as prepared for the playoffs. I think Huntingdon was 6-4 or 7-3 the year they won the state championship. (I can't remember exactly but I know they weren't undefeated by far.) Go Lions! Take that WB Express to Cookeville.

Im not saying that he wont take them into playoffs and will get over the school history's quarter finals hump. Actually I think they will. Camden will most likely play Milan, but I think Camden will make it to the simi's this year. I love my Camden football more than anyone. Its just the fact we could and should be 5 and 0 right now not 3 and 2.but hey I would take a 8 and 2 season and make it to at least the simi's than a 10 and 0 and losing first round. Its all about what you do in the playoffs.

Huntingdon was 9-1 in 2003 when they won the state title. They lost in week five to Milan by 3 touchdowns. They beat Milan in the state semifinals 34-29 to avenge the regular season defeat and went on to crush Lipscomb in the title game (48-14).

The worst records by state title teams that I recall are Pearl-Cohn going 6-4 in 1996 and Livingston Academy going 5-5 in 2005. TCA I recall wasn't "stellar" during the regular season last year but they got to the playoffs and went on a magical run through the 2A state playoffs before they eventually fell to Signal Mountain in the title game.

Thanks for the correction on that. Sorry I got that wrong. What was Huntingdon's records the years preceding the championship and following the championship? I thought they had a down year (for Huntingdon) in there.

See if I have this correct. Camden defeated Huntingdon five years in a row from 2006 to 2010. This is the first time Camden has beaten Huntingdon five in a row since the two schools have been playing. No other team has defeated Huntingdon five in a row except Milan. Is this correct or did Bruceton achieve this several years ago?

Go Lions.

See if I have this correct. Camden defeated Huntingdon five years in a row from 2006 to 2010. This is the first time Camden has beaten Huntingdon five in a row since the two schools have been playing. No other team has defeated Huntingdon five in a row except Milan. Is this correct or did Bruceton achieve this several years ago?

Go Lions.

Mckenzie Has ...The Last 5 Straight :roflolk:

Well I think its ridiculous to have lost two games and be on here criticizing already. New staff, new team. Deal with it, this is how it goes. Also, if you're going to criticize on this "public" forum, don't do so anonymously. Tack your name in there and see if you're still willing to say the things you do.

Well I think its ridiculous to have lost two games and be on here criticizing already. New staff, new team. Deal with it, this is how it goes. Also, if you're going to criticize on this "public" forum, don't do so anonymously. Tack your name in there and see if you're still willing to say the things you do.

Before you say "Where's your name?" Its right there in my screen name. R. Combs.