Franklin County @ South Pittsburg

rlh

I don't blame you at all. I would do the same. Do you think Franklin County will bring a good crowd? I hope they do. I mean they are a 6A school. They should have a lot of kids. Its not that bad of a drive.

If they show for games at all, I would expect a decent crowd for a 1a visitor's side since SP isn't that far for them.

It will be interesting how Franklin Co responds after losing a double overtime game to their biggest rival Tullahoma in Winchester. The Rebels came up a foot short. Its hard to get over a loss like that. If Franklin Co gives the same effort at S. Pittsburgh, they have a good shot at winning. Imagine how you would feel if you lost to Marion Co like that. They don't do anything real fancy, they just line up and run over teams with two outstanding backs. I also was impressed with their line play. The speed of S.Pitt could be the difference. The Rebels looked good on defense Friday night against a good Tullahoma offense.

Many times these days the officals are trying to keep blow outs closer so no one is humiliated. Used to could you could the winning coach could be counted on to do that but any more with some.

There was a time when nobody could hang 60+ points on anybody in the Valley except once in a decade. That changed in the late 90s. You need to realize that. There have been several times the past several year that SP could have hung another 35 or 40 points on Whitwell for example. As far as the Pirate-Warrior clash goes, K.C. and the Sunshine Band would never let the foot off the gas against SP. We don't ask any quarter from Jasper and give none.