SULLIVAN EAST @ HAMPTON

BDF36

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, thanks for the "peace pipe", I really respect and appreciate that. I've been holding this one in my hip pocket all season, and it's time I let it out. We lost a kid this year that had a HUGE part in our success in 2010. He had to leave the school due to financial situations. Unfortunately, there have been several kids that have had to move on due to the families financial situations in this economy (not that anyone cares, but those are the untold, unheard stories of private schools). I was reluctant to share that, but that's life. I agree with you guys, we've made mistakes, but we're doing the right things. It's not all about winning around here like many think, its about doing the right things and making our team the best they can be. I'm sure that sounds familiar to many of the teams around TN, get the best out of what you have.

To the player that posted about the last time Hampton played GCA....I'm not sure I remember you guys scoring 60 on us, BUT, it was a very dominating win by the Bulldogs on GCA's home field. I remember how embarrasing it was to watch the Blue and White run play after play up the middle and how our team just couldn't stop you. It was bad.

Sullivan East will be a tough task for the Dogs this week. They will field more players, they will substitute more, etc. Doesn't matter. All that matters is the heart of a champion and the team that wants to win. There's something about small school pride and the "David vs. Goliath" attitude that we bring to the table.

Edited by gcapride

You Hampton folks love to give GCA a hard time about everything. Let's talk about schedules....why don't you play somebody. You play NOBODY and you continue to throw darts. You actually scheduled a home/away game with Johnson County in the SAME YEAR???? WOW - THEY ARE 0-6!!! Go play somebody, you guys are better than that. Hampton is always a good team, but you guys go out early in the playoffs, wonder why? Non-District schedule. I'm not trying to trash you guys, I just saw your schedule this year, pretty weak. That's one thing you can't bash us about, we play anybody that will play us. Thankfully, we've had some success this year with our schedule.

For the record, the last time Hampton played GCA you guys beat us to a pulp. We remember.

The teams such as Johnson County and Happy Valley that Hampton play are usally power houses. They have just struggled in the past two or so years. Most teams around here have to rebuild after years of success.

Hey guys, thanks for the "peace pipe", I really respect and appreciate that. I've been holding this one in my hip pocket all season, and it's time I let it out. We lost a kid this year that had a HUGE part in our success in 2010. He had to leave the school due to financial situations. Unfortunately, there have been several kids that have had to move on due to the families financial situations in this economy (not that anyone cares, but those are the untold, unheard stories of private schools). I was reluctant to share that, but that's life. I agree with you guys, we've made mistakes, but we're doing the right things. It's not all about winning around here like many think, its about doing the right things and making our team the best they can be. I'm sure that sounds familiar to many of the teams around TN, get the best out of what you have.

To the player that posted about the last time Hampton played GCA....I'm not sure I remember you guys scoring 60 on us, BUT, it was a very dominating win by the Bulldogs on GCA's home field. I remember how embarrasing it was to watch the Blue and White run play after play up the middle and how our team just couldn't stop you. It was bad.

Sullivan East will be a tough task for the Dogs this week. They will field more players, they will substitute more, etc. Doesn't matter. All that matters is the heart of a champion and the team that wants to win. There's something about small school pride and the "David vs. Goliath" attitude that we bring to the table.

The DOGS need the challenge...Its not a conf game of crse, but its important we prepare to play 4-qtrs of the best football we can. This is a team we have taken care of with ease in the past....But things have changed (good coaching can do that!)...Thats why its important to play this game well, and be prepared for our other conf games...People can say what they want about Cloudland, but if their kids are healing and getting confident and buying into their new coach, then we will have to be ready for them!!! This game will prepare us for the next few weeks. I believe we take the 'W' in this one, but it won't be handed to us! Ole Luns will have us ready :thumb:

The game he was referring to was quite awhile back, it was the 05 season score was 61-14....not that it really matters, improvememt has came alomg wats for GCA!!!!

The teams such as Johnson County and Happy Valley that Hampton play are usally power houses. They have just struggled in the past two or so years. Most teams around here have to rebuild after years of success.

I bet you guys beat east by 3 tds or more they havent played anyone wait and see you guys will run all over them and i dont pull for one team just all the areas teams when playoffs come

I bet you guys beat east by 3 tds or more they havent played anyone wait and see you guys will run all over them and i dont pull for one team just all the areas teams when playoffs come

jeffs, haven't seen you on the 1A threads this season...Im thinking, if SE brings their A-game, we should be at least 2 TDs better at home if we play ball...but, Id be happy with a 1-pt win :thumb:

Hope you are right Jeffs...i do believe this game will be one in the trenches..our o-lines and d-lines need to be ready for this one...i hear for the most part they whipped hv lineman all over the field..and hv is usually pretty solid up front...so i am looking for another hogs award this week....go dogs.....

Hope you are right Jeffs...i do believe this game will be one in the trenches..our o-lines and d-lines need to be ready for this one...i hear for the most part they whipped hv lineman all over the field..and hv is usually pretty solid up front...so i am looking for another hogs award this week....go dogs.....

BULLRUSH, I hope they are prepared...hope practice this week hasn't been sluggish because they think they've "got this one"....Id love to see em go 10-0...But Ive also seen a good whippn prepare a team for playoffs...Know what I mean?!!!

BULLRUSH, I hope they are prepared...hope practice this week hasn't been sluggish because they think they've "got this one"....Id love to see em go 10-0...But Ive also seen a good whippn prepare a team for playoffs...Know what I mean?!!!

Hampton has got to BRING IT for 4 quarters and the Coaches and players both know it.The thing I'm liking about this team is they seem to come ready to battle every week,not like some of the teams we've had in the past who just played when they thought they needed, or had to. I'm starting to see some Great senior leadership. You have to have strong leaders when the going gets tough.Its gonna take alot of heart,pride,determination and disapline to get a w this week. I hope these Dogs are up to the task. I'm not so much a win and lose kind of guy,winners play as hard as they can on every play and losers watch um. Hope we have alot of winners,if so .we'll probably be 7 and 0. If not,I hope they learn what it takes to be winners.If we give it all we got and come up short,so be it,I'll be just as proud as if we'd won by 30. Its all about 11 people being the best they can be on every play. You have no control of how good someone else IS,you can only be YOU'RE best. GEETTTTTUMMMMMMMMDDDOOOGGGSSSSSSSSS

Edited by pujo