Marshall County vs. Summitt

District12AA

Tough lost for the tigers last week, time to get the momentum rolling before the playoffs[

quote name=District12AA' timestamp='1317491986' post='2690632]

How will the Tigers bounce back from a bad week of football? I think Trevor runs for 200 plus yards against Summitt. Young guys will get a lot of work in the 2nd half. Coach T lets right the ship.

How will the Tigers bounce back from a bad week of football? I think Trevor runs for 200 plus yards against Summitt. Young guys will get a lot of work in the 2nd half. Coach T lets right the ship.

You can't exactly "right the ship" against a jv team. You would get a better look against your scout team. They're sophomores...

Well Marshall will win this one. Here in 2 years they will be a very tough team to beat. But they are a JV team right now so Marshall wins big just like every other team in the district. I think that when people play Summitt that it is just an automatic win. It's a waste of time to go see it unless you want to Watch your second team play pretty much the whole game.

You can't exactly "right the ship" against a jv team. You would get a better look against your scout team. They're sophomores...

A bit younger than that actually. The OL was supposed to be all sophomores but two have been injured and are just getting back. So two freshmen have started on the OL all year. The next two out of three off the bench are both freshmen as well. Obviously most of the OL play the DL. And four non linemen freshmen play extensive minutes on defense. There is size but not the strength and experience players get being in weight room and on the field for three years. Our team had no spring practice and no weight training until the new building opened in August. So yeah, it'a JV team for sure, but one that is getting better every week. Our QB is a baseball phenom with a big arm. Our top RB and WR played as freshmen for Independence. We were tied with Hickman County into the second quarter last week. I have no delusions that we have a chance this week. But the future is bright. We have Spring Hill at home in a couple weeks...maybe we can make that a game. We won't get many chances in this district for series leads tho as next year is probably our last in AA. Summit opened with 540 students this year (so it's amazing that we had 60 players on the football team) But in two years we're projected to have a population of over 1300. So we'll probably be playing in Indy's district in AAA as a 5A school. The Summit players know the deal. But they also know that no JV is getting the experiences they are getting. As my son told me..."I get four years of Friday night football. And in two years we are going to be difficult to deal with." I agree.

A bit younger than that actually. The OL was supposed to be all sophomores but two have been injured and are just getting back. So two freshmen have started on the OL all year. The next two out of three off the bench are both freshmen as well. Obviously most of the OL play the DL. And four non linemen freshmen play extensive minutes on defense. There is size but not the strength and experience players get being in weight room and on the field for three years. Our team had no spring practice and no weight training until the new building opened in August. So yeah, it'a JV team for sure, but one that is getting better every week. Our QB is a baseball phenom with a big arm. Our top RB and WR played as freshmen for Independence. We were tied with Hickman County into the second quarter last week. I have no delusions that we have a chance this week. But the future is bright. We have Spring Hill at home in a couple weeks...maybe we can make that a game. We won't get many chances in this district for series leads tho as next year is probably our last in AA. Summit opened with 540 students this year (so it's amazing that we had 60 players on the football team) But in two years we're projected to have a population of over 1300. So we'll probably be playing in Indy's district in AAA as a 5A school. The Summit players know the deal. But they also know that no JV is getting the experiences they are getting. As my son told me..."I get four years of Friday night football. And in two years we are going to be difficult to deal with." I agree.

That's true. I thoguht the same thing. Summit does have some athletes, they are just under-developed right now. They have grown up alot this year already. Maybe you guys can pull one out before this season gets away! Good luck to your son, and the rest of the Spartans.

• Upvote 1