Shelbyville at Tullahoma

binns37388

To attack the integrity of Marquis and the Shelbyville coaching staff is

very tacky in the least. The rumor around here is Binns started the rumor

about Marquis. Don't know if that is true. I just heard that and wanted to

throw an unsubstantiated rumor out there.

I thought Binns had more class than that. Very disappointing. Marquis is a class young man and didn't deserve that.

Thanks for providing bulletin board material, Binns.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine told me this afternoon that I had stirred up some people from Shelbyville concerning a rumor about Marquis Morton. I've read the posts and realize that I shouldn't have posted a rumor like that and I apologize. I can't even remember who told me that rumor. I don't know Marquis at all, but I'm sure he's a fine young man. I do know he is a tremendously talented athlete. I don't blame the people who are upset over this. It was a stupid decision on my part and a decision I regret. So I apologize again for my stupidity. Whoever told me that rumor is getting the last laugh at me. With that being said, the stage is set for a great Friday night of high school football between two rival schools in Tullahoma.

Edited by binns37388

A friend of mine told me this afternoon that I had stirred up some people from Shelbyville concerning a rumor about Marquis Morton. I've read the posts and realize that I shouldn't have posted a rumor like that and I apologize. I can't even remember who told me that rumor. I don't know Marquis at all, but I'm sure he's a fine young man. I do know he is a tremendously talented athlete. I don't blame the people who are upset over this. It was a stupid decision on my part and a decision I regret. So I apologize again for my stupidity. Whoever told me that rumor is getting the last laugh at me. With that being said, the stage is set for a great Friday night of high school football between two rival schools in Tullahoma.

Thank you for the apology. Just remember, we are talking about high school age young men

on here. As for the game, should be a good one.

Knew that wasn't like you, Binns. Thanks for manning up and apologizing. I knew you would.

Knew that wasn't like you, Binns. Thanks for manning up and apologizing. I knew you would.

I think I posted that Sat nite after the UT loss to Georgia. I guess I was still mad over that game and wasn't thinking straight. I've got too many friends in Bedford Co to do something like that. Maybe I'm getting senile or something since I'm a senior citizen. You're right. Thats not me. Thx for the kind words.

It appears to me that Tullahoma, Shelbyville and Columbia might be the most overrated district in the state. Is football in southern middle tn that bad this year? Not counting games against each other, these three teams have only beaten two teams with winning records. (Dickson Co and Marshall Co (lower classification)) Both by Columbia. Tullahoma lost to a very mediocre Cookeville. Baylor should be a good test for Columbia Friday. We will find out in the playoffs, but don't break your arm patting yourselves on the back just yet for having teams "ranked". Maybe Columbia is deserving of their ranking, but Shelb and Tull have done nothing to earn theirs yet.

It appears to me that Tullahoma, Shelbyville and Columbia might be the most overrated district in the state. Is football in southern middle tn that bad this year? Not counting games against each other, these three teams have only beaten two teams with winning records. (Dickson Co and Marshall Co (lower classification)) Both by Columbia. Tullahoma lost to a very mediocre Cookeville. Baylor should be a good test for Columbia Friday. We will find out in the playoffs, but don't break your arm patting yourselves on the back just yet for having teams "ranked". Maybe Columbia is deserving of their ranking, but Shelb and Tull have done nothing to earn theirs yet.

I guess you could say the same thing about the Univ of Oregon who is ranked 9th in the nation. They haven't beaten a ranked team either in college football. Public schools and private schools don't play on the same level. I don't expect Columbia to go to Baylor and win, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve their ranking in the 5A division of public schools. Even though Tullahoma and Shelbyville didn't beat Columbia, they certainly can play with the #1 ranked team in 5A, as evidenced by their performance against the Lions. I think they do deserve their ranking, but that's just my opinion and everybody has one.

Its not feasible for Tullahoma or Shelbyville to travel to Knoxville, Paris and Dyersburg to see if we should be ranked. That's what the playoffs are for. Everyone knows the polls are flawed sometimes. Teams that are ranked early, those rankings are based on last years performance. I guess it will all work itself out in the end.

I have not seen anyone pat themselves on the back on here. I assume you have seen Shelbyville and Tullahoma

played based on your analysis of how over rated both teams are. If Columbia is deserving of their ranking

then the fact that both SCHS and THS played to the wire AT Columbia should justify their ranking. The voting

for the rankings is done by state wide media. Maybe ask them why these teams are ranked. If you don't care

for our district why take the time to come on here and dog it?

The Tullahoma Wildcats captured 2nd place in District 8AAA and a first round home playoff game with a hard fought victory tonite over rival Shelbyville. The score was 34-21 and Tullahoma never trailed, but Shelbyville came from 14pts down to tie the game early in the 3rd quarter. The Golden Eagles lost star running back Marquis Morton in the 4th quarter to an injury, but Shelbyville didn't quit. The latest news I heard tonite was that Marquis is doing ok and I certainly hope he's able to play again soon. Many Tullahoma fans were concerned about Tullahoma still being on Fall break and not being ready to play, but the senior leadership on this team is outstanding and the Cats were ready to play. After a turnover on the Cats 1st play and a fumble recovery by the Golden Eagles, the Tullahoma defense stopped Shelbyville four straignt times after the Golden Eagles had 1st and goal at the Cats 1 yd line early in the 1st quarter. Then Tullahoma drove 97 yards for a go ahead TD and the game was on. The running attack by the Cats featuring Trey Burks and Montrell Berry was explosive tonite. The offensive line blocked well and Tullahoma was able to control the game for much of the night on the ground. It was a team effort and I was happy for these young men. Shelbyville should end up in the playoffs and could end up facing the Cats again. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Edited by binns37388