Shelbyville at Tullahoma

binns37388

We gotta wait til a week from this Friday for the gmae. Tullahoma is 2-1 in district play and 5-2 overall. Shelbyville is 6-1 and 2-1 in district play. Both teams are ranked in the top ten in the state in 5A. The golden eagles beat the Cats last season at Shellbyville, but this years game is at Tullahoma. This should be one of the best games this season between two rivals with a lot at stake.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to this one. Coaches Hardy and Olive have become two of my favorite and the chess match will be interesting. Talent level is very similar. Home field may decide it, but Shelbyville will bring a huge crowd. The Duck will be there for a pregame broadcast.

It will be a great game. Go Eagles!!!!! :thumb:

Shelbyville is having a big tailgating party in front of the stadium and the Golden Eagles community is ready for this game, no doubt. Tullahoma is in the second week of a two week break which could effect the mentality of the team. The long range weather forecast calls for good weather next Friday. The stage is set for a great night of football in District 8AAA. I hope there are enough Tullahoma fans back from vacations to pack the stadium. The game will be broadcast live on 101.5FM with myself and Scott Shasteen and also on local Charter channel 6. The winner will host a first round playoff game and the loser will still make the playoffs. Marquis Morton is a very talented player and will be hard to stop. Someone told me that Marquis was 19 and had failed a couple of years. If that's true, as long as he wasn't 19 before Aug. 31st of this year, then he would be eligible. I have no earthly idea about this rumor and there are always rumors floating around. I'm sure Shelbyville verified this before the season started, so I don't see an issue here. Most people think its going to be a high scoring game, but most people thought that about the GA-Tenn game. Shelbyville beat the Cats last season, so the Cats should be ready for revenge at home Friday night. Another big rivalry game in District 8AAA which has three teams ranked in the top ten in 5A. Tullahoma is ranked 7th and Shelbyville 10th. It doesn't get much better than this.

I want urge all fans of Tullahoma and Shelbyville to go to www.wsmv.com and vote for the the game to be the matchup of the week. Its between our game and Oakland at Smryna. WSMV sports will come down and cover the game of the winner. So go online and vote. The more coverage for these kids, the better chance they will be recognized on down the road for maybe a college scholarship. After you go to the site, click on sports and then click on touchdown friday.

Shelbyville is having a big tailgating party in front of the stadium and the Golden Eagles community is ready for this game, no doubt. Tullahoma is in the second week of a two week break which could effect the mentality of the team. The long range weather forecast calls for good weather next Friday. The stage is set for a great night of football in District 8AAA. I hope there are enough Tullahoma fans back from vacations to pack the stadium. The game will be broadcast live on 101.5FM with myself and Scott Shasteen and also on local Charter channel 6. The winner will host a first round playoff game and the loser will still make the playoffs. Marquis Morton is a very talented player and will be hard to stop. Someone told me that Marquis was 19 and had failed a couple of years. If that's true, as long as he wasn't 19 before Aug. 31st of this year, then he would be eligible. I have no earthly idea about this rumor and there are always rumors floating around. I'm sure Shelbyville verified this before the season started, so I don't see an issue here. Most people think its going to be a high scoring game, but most people thought that about the GA-Tenn game. Shelbyville beat the Cats last season, so the Cats should be ready for revenge at home Friday night. Another big rivalry game in District 8AAA which has three teams ranked in the top ten in 5A. Tullahoma is ranked 7th and Shelbyville 10th. It doesn't get much better than this.

I can assure you Marquis is not 19. He has never failed a grade. I also don't see how that is relevant to

this weekends ball game. To put this rumor out there with no factual evidence is sad in my opinion. He is

a good kid, student and football player.

To imply, suggest or insinuate that a player is 19 years of age during his junior year of high school is absolutely incendiary! This is just another example of the "Tullahoma Elite" trying to drag down the hard working, blue collar people of Shelbyville. Perhaps I should mention that a certain Tullahoma running back is using steroids, or that there may be an offensive line man from another county that hasn't moved into the school zone or maybe I should go over the top and ask Tullahoma to open the books on how the jumbotron was paid for? Binns is starting fires and watching them burn. Great job being a journalist. Report facts not rumours. Quit trying to hurt the reputation of a high school player. Trust I'll be watching the game with pop corn in hand!

Agreed, very tacky and I'm sure an apology is on the way.

To attack the integrity of Marquis and the Shelbyville coaching staff is

very tacky in the least. The rumor around here is Binns started the rumor

about Marquis. Don't know if that is true. I just heard that and wanted to

throw an unsubstantiated rumor out there.