OAKLAND VS RIVERDALE

olineathlete

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by govolz:

I believe this will be a one of the best games that will be played all year. I think that Riverdale will come up the winner though. They will score late to make it 27-13

My predictions on this game are that Riverdale's opening drive they will score and from there on the game will be theirs. They will dominate the first half and end up putting 3rd stringers in for the 2nd half. This game will be a masacre. Riverdale's secondary will punish oaklands recievers and once again the game will be over from the opening drive.

Riverdale-35 Oakland-3

Guest region4fan

Well it looks like you guys are overlooking the Patriots this year.This team has guts and are fighters.Even though there are only 6 seniors that play,they refuse to give up and keep on plugging til the buzzer. You never know what can happen. You know the saying bout any given night...any given team.............

Go Patriots ...prove these critics wrong and do it with the style and class that you always have. ALL THE WAY BOYS!!!

Guest region4fan

To UPSGREGG:

Oakland's FINE coaches are:Head-Marty Euverard, DC-Mark Burke, LeBron Ferguson, Ron "moose" Marshall, William Ritchie, Jeff Mitchell,Kent Pippenger, Kevin Glover, and Nathan Shack.

Believe me we are proud to have such fine men leading our boys. Not only do they know the game of football, but are fine, moral men who lead by example.

NOW GO PATRIOTS !!!! Take it to the next level!

Posted by region4fan:

To UPSGREGG:

Oakland's FINE coaches are:Head-Marty Euverard, DC-Mark Burke, LeBron Ferguson, Ron "moose" Marshall, William Ritchie, Jeff Mitchell,Kent Pippenger, Kevin Glover, and Nathan Shack.

Believe me we are proud to have such fine men leading our boys. Not only do they know the game of football, but are fine, moral men who lead by example.

NOW GO PATRIOTS !!!! Take it to the next level!

Marty Euverard was my head coach for my senior year at Clarksville High in 1995. He came to our school to introduce himself shorty after our previous coach had resigned the year before. I knew he'd be different after he stormed into the auditorium and yelled for everyone to shut up. You could tell he'd at least be more vocal anyway. Some of the more spoiled and lazy players from the teams before even decided not to play for him. Too bad. Anyway...he coached us well and hard through the summer work outs and we actually thought we were becomming a better team. We had a terrible coach up until that point and were pretty excited about the season comming up. Well to make a long story short...our team didn't have much talent on it that year. Allot of the more talented players just had no interest in losing anymore and allot of others just didn't want to play for Euverard because they knew they'd have to work much harder for him than the previous coach. Traditionally at our school the most talented kids would play soccer or wrestle. Basketball was doing good then also. The players we ended up with werent all that bad and some were good athletes but they thought that we'd kick some but by just showing up to play and practice because of our new, seemingly better, coach and it didn't work out. They upset me off to the point where I didn't even want to be around them because I was used to being around hard working soccer players and wrestlers. I almost quit the team. We went 0-10. I knew Euverard was a good coach but he seemed to lose interest in us after the 6th or 7th loss and we could tell he was looking forward to the season ending. Then he just abbanded us after one year to go coach at Oakland under Rick Butler. Butler is probably the best coach in this state over the past 20 years and he had worked under him before he came to us. Can't say that I blame him but at the same time I can. I was graduating anyway but I think he would have done really well with the teams they've had since. Our assistant coach took over and has been there since and has had a couple of good teams but I can't help but wonder what Euverard would have done with them the past 6 years if he had stayed.