TSSAA strips Signal Mountain of its six wins

signalfire

Funny how something like this really brings out the true haters. For everyone now consumed with the one that they say lived off Hwy 58. The kid in question started at SM the first year the school was open and we played a JV schedule. He was on the team the following two years. He wasn't a transfer in last year. Now go scratch!!!

Bluemom I can only imagine how hard it is to pay $20k and you little Johnny doesn't even have a shot at a State Championship. While if he went to SM for free he would already have one and a good education to boot. Sorry you picked the wrong school. Heck you should have picked Baylor at least he they a ligit chance again this year. And I actually hope Baylor wins they have a few good kids from the mountain, especially their QB. :roflolk:

How about explaining what elicited this kind of response. The rationale or relevance for throwing this in escapes me

I would agree but, there's always a but and sometimes a butt... But Mr. Childress is on record as saying SM can appeal. He didn't say we could request a hearing, he said appeal. It's my understanding this is also what was relayed to our administrators. Maybe it's just semantics appeal/hearing. :roflolk:

If you were to address the hearing, what would you tell them? What Bill Price didn't know and when he didn't know it? Or would you try to convince he that since the HCBE gave the young man an academic hardship, that made the entire county SM's territory? The last one may have a long shot at working.

How about explaining what elicited this kind of response. The rationale or relevance for throwing this in escapes me

Go back and read her post on SM and you will understand. She is clearly bitter about our success like many others. Only thing that makes her different than the others is she is a private schooler and they don't play by the same rules. :thumb:

Go back and read her post on SM and you will understand. She is clearly bitter about our success like many others. Only thing that makes her different than the others is she is a private schooler and they don't play by the same rules. :thumb:

I read it before I asked the question, then I re-read it after seeing your post. Nothing in her comments lead me to conclude that she is "clearly bitter". You are reading into it what you want--but I don't see it at all.

I read it before I asked the question, then I re-read it after seeing your post. Nothing in her comments lead me to conclude that she is "clearly bitter". You are reading into it what you want--but I don't see it at all.

Sorry left out the word previous. Go back and read her previous post on SM. :thumb:

It doesn't matter what anyone on this thread says. Signal fans on CoachT will always believe/do some or all of the following:

1. Everyone is jealous of Signal Mountain.

2. Because of fact #1, everyone is out to get Signal Mountain.

3. The Signal Mountain football program has never done anything illegal.

4. Whenever someone mentions Signal Mountain in a negative light: deny, deny, deny, talk negatively about other schools, blatantly ignore the issues going on in your own program, and blame everyone else...

5. Rationalize every accusation of wrongdoing by saying "everyone else does it."

Funny how something like this really brings out the true haters. For everyone now consumed with the one that they say lived off Hwy 58. The kid in question started at SM the first year the school was open and we played a JV schedule. He was on the team the following two years. He wasn't a transfer in last year. Now go scratch!!!

Bluemom I can only imagine how hard it is to pay $20k and you little Johnny doesn't even have a shot at a State Championship. While if he went to SM for free he would already have one and a good education to boot. Sorry you picked the wrong school. Heck you should have picked Baylor at least he they a ligit chance again this year. And I actually hope Baylor wins they have a few good kids from the mountain, especially their QB. :roflolk:

Well, I guess someone is in severe need of a good stiff one or possibly some derriere salve.

I know you are having a tough time right now, but I will defend myself. It was not difficult to pay $20K a year or so for my son to attend the Blue. It was worth every penny. BUT, it was not spent in an effort for BlueSon to simply have a shot at a state championship in any sport. Although, he was on a team that had a shot in 2006 which I might add was in a much tougher division than yours. And at that time, Baylor was trying to figure out how to stop #11 on a streak. I would also stack my 100 years of educational excellence and history against SM any day of the week, month or year. At the Blue, we attempt to follow an Honor Code that ya'll seem to be having a few difficulties with. Also, SM was not in existence when we were choosing schools for BlueSon and even if it were, we would not be in your zone and would not have asked for a hardship. As for the Blue chances, our time will come again as these things cycle. But this situation is not about McCallie or Baylor, it is about someone not being able to properly do paperwork or simply a malicious attempt to circumvent rules.

But since you seem to worry about BlueSon's education and opportunities in life, he is great! A 4.0 collegiate football player looking at a bright future ahead with a full complement of great high school coaches who are still there for him.

Now, if I were a signal parent, I would want my administrators to look at previous hardship paperwork, to assure the same "innocent mistake" had not occurred previously. And I would attempt to ascertain responsibility and re-educate those individuals associated with this. And if I were honorable and found additional innocent mistakes, I would self-report asap. As a taxpayer, I sincerely hope that none of my tax $ are going to pay your fines.

I would agree but, there's always a but and sometimes a butt... But Mr. Childress is on record as saying SM can appeal. He didn't say we could request a hearing, he said appeal. It's my understanding this is also what was relayed to our administrators. Maybe it's just semantics appeal/hearing. :roflolk:

I told you from the start,that SM knew........ Thats way McCullough is not having a appeal.....When you know you did something wrong and get caught you just want it to go away.... Im sure he would love to have you to stop posting......so that maybe it would go away :unsure:

Article VI section 1 that you posted states that thay are entitled to request a hearing. I don't believe it is necessary for Childress to verbally inform them...or maybe he does since they don't have a complete understanding of how to read and interpret the by-laws. Perhaps TSSAA needs a new rule that a representative from TSSAA shall visit each school to read the by-laws to the school administrations. It will be like the Miranda law for HS athletics...we'll call it the Smeagle in your honor. Go ahead Childress. read 'em their Smeagle rights...smeaglize 'em has a nice ring to it.

• Upvote 1

Article VI section 1 that you posted states that thay are entitled to request a hearing. I don't believe it is necessary for Childress to verbally inform them...or maybe he does since they don't have a complete understanding of how to read and interpret the by-laws. Perhaps TSSAA needs a new rule that a representative from TSSAA shall visit each school to read the by-laws to the school administrations. It will be like the Miranda law for HS athletics...we'll call it the Smeagle in your honor. Go ahead Childress. read 'em their Smeagle rights...smeaglize 'em has a nice ring to it.

nutkick.gif

That's a funny post I don't care who you are. :roflol: