TSSAA strips Signal Mountain of its six wins

signalfire

Its not really open zone in the true sense open zone is used. And there is a procedure for it. Hemlock is in the SPHS zone. It is the closest, so close it doesn't even have a bus route. :ph34r:

Edit: Jasper (a.k.a. Marion County High) think they are a county wide school. :roflol:

I know the Valley pretty good, all the way from the Fall Creek Hermit to good ole Rusty A. and Mike K. 1664851ww3qkpifke.gif

I know how things work over there. ;)

Edited by MountainTroll

Someone at Signal checked the "wrong" box whether it was intentional or a mistake. Someone should have verified the address for which school he was zoned for given the way the pairings are done. In addition, the HCBE should have pointed that out on the paperwork. As far as if it was S.C. that turned them in, that was a chicken little way to do it if it was them. I suppose there AD could have called your AD and had SM self report.

I've seen the transfer form. Not his, but a blank form.

Asks the old school. LFO, GA

Did he play sports? yes

Old address.

New address.

Was old address in "territory" of old school? yes

Is new address outside of "territory" of old school? yes

Is new address inside "territory" of new school? OOPS

It even says go to Section 13.b of the By-Laws and read the definition of "territory", which is "the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by the school, as defined by the local board of education".

Our administration was notified from HCBE that he was approved for Signal. In our administration's mind, this meant he was in our "territory". WRONG, go straight to jail, do not pass CookeVegas, vacate 6 wins, and give us your money.

I believe if the form had said, 'Is new residence in the school zone of the new school', we would have checked NO. T$$AA would have said needs hardship waiver. We would have complied, and I believe based upon the reason HCBE approved him, T$$AA would have granted him hardship eligibility. Maybe not. IDK.

Our admin is supposed to understand all of this, but they didn't. It has taken me 4 days to fully understand it, and if it weren't for knowing the particulars of this case and reading Childress's letter, I probably wouldn't have understood the by-laws de novo. Don't know why they don't just say school zone if that's what they mean by "territory". :wacko:

School pairing had nothing to do with it. This isn't a NCLB case. (I don't think)

Bledsoe and Marion are okay in my book. I've spread some Troll DNA up and down that Valley. :roflol: Never cared too much for them Dunlap folks, though.:roflolk:

When we visit Dunlap week 10, I'll leave some more Troll DNA.:ph34r:

Edited by MountainTroll

No I won't let it die. Don't know what he ever did to you. I personally am fine with him. Don't know how well you know him or how he might have crossed you in the past. I think he's a good man and a good coach. Crazy as the proverbial outhouse rat, but so am I.:roflolk:

" No I won't let it die " I can't quit laughing the mighty DO NO WRONG SM EAGLES BUSTED FOR CHEATING IMAGINE THAT !!! Hey Troll I see on here where you refer to somone being a big pile! Careful Troll better look where the Dog drops you!! Come on don't be a bad sport THE MIGHTY DO NO WRONG SM EAGLES CHEATED AND GOT CAUGHT GREAT STUFF !! Good luck in the playoffs !!

Don't know all of Coach Price's history. I do know he is character, as many coaches are. Lots of people don't like him, but I've met lots of people (outside of Signal) who like him and say very good things about him. I don't know why he called the timeout, maybe just to be an ####.

Now, back to the smartass timeout call and our crowd reaction. I don't know why he did it. Just hurting and spiteful I guess. I am too right now. Guess you know we just heard T$$AA's ruling three hours earlier. Ever seen a bus load of football players crying on the way to a game? Rips your heart out.

That was classic Coach Richard Cranium - he has coached many teams under many different names - last place he coached was McMinn Central as Derrick... and we never booed Central, but they never pulled anything like that halftime call. The boys were very unhappy to be called back from the locker room just for dicketry. Especially since our announcers gave ya'll your due, the 6-1 Signal Mountain Eagles, and made no corrections when ya'll expected it. When we met under the scoreboard, I asked you WTF was that about? You didn't know at that time. You know, we know, and everybody else knows.

Call it for what it was, man. Standing by your coach is one thing, but be honest, your coach does things that does not reflect well on your program and that's why the hard feelings from people here and elsewhere.

IMO

I have been reading all this "bunch of mess" and may have posted a few times, who knows at this point. There is one thing that I haven't heard mentioned at all.... there has been plenty of sympathy for the other SM players, and rightly so..but no one has mentioned the other 400-500 players that have a loss on there record to a team that was illegal... (I'll avoid the word cheated, I don't know if it was intentional or accidental). Some of those kids may miss the playoffs due to that loss on their record,, which was not "vacated".

For the record,, as if my opinion countes,, I think someone probably knew this situation was shady,, but not the people that needed to know....

Now for Price, if he is a great coach ,, then Derrick Davis is Vince Lombardi!!!!

Edited by Charlie Murphy

That was classic Coach Richard Cranium - he has coached many teams under many different names - last place he coached was McMinn Central as Derrick... and we never booed Central, but they never pulled anything like that halftime call. The boys were very unhappy to be called back from the locker room just for dicketry. Especially since our announcers gave ya'll your due, the 6-1 Signal Mountain Eagles, and made no corrections when ya'll expected it. When we met under the scoreboard, I asked you WTF was that about? You didn't know at that time. You know, we know, and everybody else knows.

Call it for what it was, man. Standing by your coach is one thing, but be honest, your coach does things that does not reflect well on your program and that's why the hard feelings from people here and elsewhere.

IMO

I was walking to meet you when it happened, so I didn't see it. In my post, I said it was a expletive move, didn't I? I called it for what it was. I didn't say I thought it is was okay. I just said that we have all done stupid, spiteful, childish things. I ain't gonna throw somebody under the bus for it. I'm sure you have some friends that you like and respect, but they have some character flaws, and they do things that make you say wtf. They're still your friend, and you're gonna try to defend them.

With people throwin rocks from every direction, I get overly defensive sometimes. Look at G21's post, and that is in reference to me and rlh pokin around at each other.

You guys have a lot of class, and I have acknowledged that.

I've seen the transfer form. Not his, but a blank form.

Asks the old school. LFO, GA

Did he play sports? yes

Old address.

New address.

Was old address in "territory" of old school? yes

Is new address outside of "territory" of old school? yes

Is new address inside "territory" of new school? OOPS

It even says go to Section 13.b of the By-Laws and read the definition of "territory", which is "the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by the school, as defined by the local board of education".

Our administration was notified from HCBE that he was approved for Signal. In our administration's mind, this meant he was in our "territory". WRONG, go straight to jail, do not pass CookeVegas, vacate 6 wins, and give us your money.

I believe if the form had said, 'Is new residence in the school zone of the new school', we would have checked NO. T$$AA would have said needs hardship waiver. We would have complied, and I believe based upon the reason HCBE approved him, T$$AA would have granted him hardship eligibility. Maybe not. IDK.

Our admin is supposed to understand all of this, but they didn't. It has taken me 4 days to fully understand it, and if it weren't for knowing the particulars of this case and reading Childress's letter, I probably wouldn't have understood the by-laws de novo. Don't know why they don't just say school zone if that's what they mean by "territory". :wacko:

School pairing had nothing to do with it. This isn't a NCLB case. (I don't think)

Bledsoe and Marion are okay in my book. I've spread some Troll DNA up and down that Valley. :roflol: Never cared too much for them Dunlap folks, though.:roflolk:

When we visit Dunlap week 10, I'll leave some more Troll DNA.:ph34r:

So do you honestly believe a man with a phd and years of experience was actually confused enough to believe a piece of paper magically moved a house in Brainerd up the mountain? "Geographic territory" is a very specific physical term and since McCullough has jurisdiction over the MS/HS in that geographic teritory, I find it difficult to believe he was that confused. It is unlikely that a single word would have changed the way this rule was interpreted as using his own logic, he thought the HCBE transfer placed him in his territory/zone. Bad timing aside, because to me that is the issue, the incident as described by T$$AA and by McCullough is cut and dried. No man, no matter how many degrees he has and how many letters he has before and after his name, should assume he is above asking for clarification when dealing with such a sensitive matter involving someones child. If he had referred whoever filled out this form to the TSSAA for guidance rather than applying his interpretation to this very important rule, this child might not have wasted his last year of eligibility and this team would still be in the mix for another gold ball.

I have been reading all this "bunch of mess" and may have posted a few times, who knows at this point. There is one thing that I haven't heard mentioned at all.... there has been plenty of sympathy for the other SM players, and rightly so..but no one has mentioned the other 400-500 players that have a loss on there record to a team that was illegal... (I'll avoid the word cheated, I don't know if it was intentional or accidental). Some of those kids may miss the playoffs due to that loss on their record,, which was not "vacated".

For the record,, as if my opinion countes,, I think someone probably knew this situation was shady,, but not the people that needed to know....

Now for Price, if he is a great coach ,, then Derrick Davis is Vince Lombardi!!!!

Look at our schedule. We have not knocked anybody out of the playoffs.

Lots of people hated Vince Lombardi.

So do you honestly believe a man with a phd and years of experience was actually confused enough to believe a piece of paper magically moved a house in Brainerd up the mountain? "Geographic territory" is a very specific physical term and since McCullough has jurisdiction over the MS/HS in that geographic teritory, I find it difficult to believe he was that confused. It is unlikely that a single word would have changed the way this rule was interpreted as using his own logic, he thought the HCBE transfer placed him in his territory/zone. Bad timing aside, because to me that is the issue, the incident as described by T$$AA and by McCullough is cut and dried. No man, no matter how many degrees he has and how many letters he has before and after his name, should assume he is above asking for clarification when dealing with such a sensitive matter involving someones child. If he had referred whoever filled out this form to the TSSAA for guidance rather than applying his interpretation to this very important rule, this child might not have wasted his last year of eligibility and this team would still be in the mix for another gold ball.

I think I said it was stupid and careless.

I think I said it was stupid and careless.

Yet you are still beating that definition of territory horse. This man isn't getting paid for stupid and careless. I'd be darned if I entrusted the welfare of my child to stupid and careless. Maybe he should learn the definition of due diligence.