South Pitt @ Boyd Buc

reaction

I am sorry you didn't understand, focus is a skill.

I understand perfectly well why teams use the spread. I know why SP uses the spread. I was saying you don't need to tell us why SP runs the spread or why/how it works. It is OBVIOUS to anyone that knows anything about football.

Edited by mj81870

If you know one thing you know that those in charge of MC are not any smarter than you skillet heads on here. Your lucky they wouldn't take my advice.

This maybe sacrilege to my MC brethren but I would ditch the veer. They don't run it right anyway and the veer done badly is bad indeed. Personally I think that the veer is as much a gimmick offense as the spread is for SP and can be stopped by someone who knows what they’re doing. Both SP’s spread and the veer rely on deception and undisciplined defenders falling for ruses. They both can work well but they both can also go very bad. I personally would rely on more tried and true offensive scheme depending on personnel course. For small schools like SP and MC I would recommend the single or double wing. This offense is simple and not reliant on individual offensive linemen taking on their blocks one on one and holding them for 2 seconds. Heck I could give the play book and tell you what the snap count was and still get 4-5 yards a play.

I'm not the coach you think you are, but any offense can be stopped by someone who knows what they are doing UNLESS, the offense executes better. Any offensive formation has that defensive formation that can stop it IF EXECUTED. So don't feed us this crap about what you think is better. This isn't a video game!

I'm not the coach you think you are, but any offense can be stopped by someone who knows what they are doing UNLESS, the offense executes better. Any offensive formation has that defensive formation that can stop it IF EXECUTED. So don't feed us this crap about what you think is better. This isn't a video game!

There are a couple things apparent. #1 SP is running their offensive sets better than Jasper is running the Veer. #2 Does Jasper actually run a defensive set.

I agree with you Pirate Mike. If we had everyone I think we would be just fine in this game, BUT it looks like the pirates are still unhealthy like they have been the entire year. Someone made a comment about making excuses? NOPE, I am just looking at things rationally. In 1A football, if you have 4 or 5 of your BEST players out of the game then it effects you ALOT. Without all of their weapons, South Pittsburg is an OK 1A team, but with everyone they are an above average 1A team. At this point only having 1 or 2 starters out would seem like Christmas time since we have grown accustomed to having 5 or 6 out every week. It should be a good atmosphere next Friday at Boyd.

Not again. Please unless your someone's mama don't start the whining about how many people are injured so you can use it as an excuoose when you lose or crow like banty that only gods could over come such odds if you win. If your not hurt at this point in the season you're the waterboy.

Injuries can affect a team..........example: Colts only have 1 major injury and it has even effected them.