Mckenzie @ Huntingdon!

Butchie

First I want to say thank you to the Mustang community, fans and football program for the great pregame and halftime support of McKenzie's difficult day. Coming together as one regardless of the rivalry is what is was all about. Your cheerleaders coming over to support to one of our other cheerleaders battling cancer topped it all off. I for one have a new found respect for the Stangs and fans. Again, thank you from all of us in Rebel Country :thumb:

Now, for all in 1A football, you better get ready for those Huntingdon Mustangs. I’m going to tell you, they are for real. Tyler Warbritton is a machine out there. He would get my vote on Mr. Football if I had any say so. You are a well oiled machine and WILL be in the mix for the gold this year. Congrats on the victory tonight, you were the better team all around. I never thought in million years we would get handled that way, but it happened. I thought the second half would be our downfall but it started in the 1st and never let up. Again, congrats and best of luck the rest of the way. I’ll be pulling for you, that is for sure.

Rebels, it has been a tough day for each of you. You played with heart and no one should say otherwise. You will have better days so keep those heads up and work for the next game. We still have some big games ahead of us so work on those and let this one go in the books. I am proud of you regardless and each of you will be with me in thought and prayers the next few days.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Mckenzie Rebels, players, fans, cheerleaders, and community. I know that the tragity that happened last night made it close to impossible to get focased on the game. When such a young life is taken if affects everybody.

I've always said, if the Mustangs only won one game, I would want that game to be against the Rebels, but as kickoff time came, my heart was heavy and all of a sudden, football didn't really mean a whole lot.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with Taylor's family and friends.

Good luck to the Mckenzie rebels the rest of the year!

First I want to say thank you to the Mustang community, fans and football program for the great pregame and halftime support of McKenzie's difficult day. Coming together as one regardless of the rivalry is what is was all about. Your cheerleaders coming over to support to one of our other cheerleaders battling cancer topped it all off. I for one have a new found respect for the Stangs and fans. Again, thank you from all of us in Rebel Country :thumb:

Now, for all in 1A football, you better get ready for those Huntingdon Mustangs. I’m going to tell you, they are for real. Tyler Warbritton is a machine out there. He would get my vote on Mr. Football if I had any say so. You are a well oiled machine and WILL be in the mix for the gold this year. Congrats on the victory tonight, you were the better team all around. I never thought in million years we would get handled that way, but it happened. I thought the second half would be our downfall but it started in the 1st and never let up. Again, congrats and best of luck the rest of the way. I’ll be pulling for you, that is for sure.

Rebels, it has been a tough day for each of you. You played with heart and no one should say otherwise. You will have better days so keep those heads up and work for the next game. We still have some big games ahead of us so work on those and let this one go in the books. I am proud of you regardless and each of you will be with me in thought and prayers the next few days.

Things could get interesting in December :popcorneater::hungry:

Things could get interesting in December :popcorneater::hungry:

Very well could. You mark it, the Stangs will come out of the West regardless of what others say including you radio33. You'll get your shot soon. I'm telling you now, they will run down your throat.....mark that in your book. And I say worry about others beside the Rebels. We took our whooping tonight, no excuses from me. We lost to the better team and you will to if you make it that far.

powerp-the Sp vs Stangs match up would be very interesting. That is my pick for Cookville.

Very well could. You mark it, the Stangs will come out of the West regardless of what others say including you radio33. You'll get your shot soon. I'm telling you now, they will run down your throat.....mark that in your book. And I say worry about others beside the Rebels. We took our whooping tonight, no excuses from me. We lost to the better team and you will to if you make it that far.

powerp-the Sp vs Stangs match up would be very interesting. That is my pick for Cookville.

A lot of football to still play for all teams. Stay focused

First , congratulations to the Mustangs on the win tonight.

Rebel Nation much appreciates a number of things we saw and felt tonight. It was nice to see the Huntingdon cheerleaders come over and console the Rebel cheerleaders before the game and share prayers with them (the girl that lost her life was one of our cheerleaders). We appreciate the mention of this tragedy in the pre-game prayer (and by the way, thank you for having a pre-game prayer!!) We also appreciate the moment of silence and mention of what it was for for those who had not heard of it. We are neighbors, a big community and in some cases family. Thank you for making note of this.

The girl that was lost in this tragedy was the girlfriend of one of the senior Rebel players (#2-Bobby Taylor) and it was all he could do to go on the field tonight. Rob T is one of our very best but his heart wasn't in Huntingdon tonight.Honestly a lot of Rebel Nation's hearts weren't in Huntingdon tonight. I'm certainly not making excuses........but I know that the Mustangs got nowhere the best the Rebels have tonight. The somber mood on the McKenzie side of the field wasn't so much because of the score of the game.

Good luck in the playoffs and now the Rebels have to prepare for another tough test at Adamsville next Friday.

Anyway, thank you Htown for being a good neighbor and friend tonight. We sure need it now.

I was deeply saddened when I heard of the tragedy that struck the McKenzie community this morning. I was at a loss for words. I hate hearing when a young person has lost their life so early. The football community at Camden will be praying for the family of this young lady. May GOD be with them.

Now to the game....as I stated to a postal worker over in Paris this week who I suppose was from McKenzie, Huntingdon is GOOD. Borderline great. Now they have gotten the Camden, Milan, and McKenzie monkeys off their back. I hope they get that chance to play Perry County just to see which team is better. Congrats to the Mustangs on a good win and you should be proud of yourselfs. McKenzie team, keep your heads up and look to the ONE for strength during this trying time. God bless good luck to both these teams.