Greeneville vs. Chuckey Doak

To stay on topic with what has been talked about. I have heard when Greeneville got moved down to the brac after 2 years they could move back up if they wanted to? is this a rumor or truth? So don't jump down my throat. just asking lol

Its a four year deal so we got one more after this year and then I believe you can expect some major changes there is a good chance tssaa will consider going back to five divisions instead of six if this happens it effect local teams greatly putting wg and cd most likely in 3a and sg would be 2a for greeneville it will be decision time to go 3 or 4 but either way things will change big in my opinion because there are alot of schools statewide very unhappy with the current system it was supposed to cut down on travel but for many it has done the opposite.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a four year deal so we got one more after this year and then I believe you can expect some major changes there is a good chance tssaa will consider going back to five divisions instead of six if this happens it effect local teams greatly putting wg and cd most likely in 3a and sg would be 2a for greeneville it will be decision time to go 3 or 4 but either way things will change big in my opinion because there are alot of schools statewide very unhappy with the current system it was supposed to cut down on travel but for many it has done the opposite.

I dont see GHS moving back up the other sports would suffer. I dont think they let you play up in one sport.

Okay thanks for the info I messed up with how I said that. I knew we moved up just asking if Greeneville will or just stay here! I couldn't see Greeneville moving up either. Just to easy for them in the brac and 4a playoffs for that matter.But good luck to you guys! see you friday night! I pray for a good game and no injurys and no late hits and just clean fun football. Notice i'm praying that most of

those things won't happen but hey we can only hope.

GO CD!!

Shock the world

If West Greene and Chuckey-Doak continue to grow, they could end up in 4a.

Since Greeneville is obviously superior to the other BRAC teams in football, if they switch classifications by choice in a year or two, would that apply to all sports? I don't see that either GHS or any of the Greene County school system high schools totally dominate in basketball, softball, baseball, etc., like GHS does in football. Just wondering about this since football, unlike other school sports, is definitely where the superior program exists for GHS. If a classification move "up" by choice would apply to all sports, I can't see why GHS would even consider it. And like another poster said, they've won a state championship already in 4A football, so why mess with a good thing?

Now, as for Friday's game, I sure hope it's an injury free game and that penalties are kept to a minimum by both teams.

Under the current system, all sports must play within the same classification.There are 6 sub classifications in football(for playoffs)but only 3 in other sports.

If West Greene and Chuckey-Doak continue to grow, they could end up in 4a.

That might be better for the both of them. Playing teams like Austin East and Elizabethton in the first round of the playoffs isn't easy for teams like West Greene and Chuckey Doak, even though both were in the ballgames last year.

That might be better for the both of them. Playing teams like Austin East and Elizabethton in the first round of the playoffs isn't easy for teams like West Greene and Chuckey Doak, even though both were in the ballgames last year.

I respectfully disagree in 4a they would most likely find themselves playing a knox fulton, red bank, or even greeneville first round and on an average year I would much rather play besty or happy valley. If they go back five leagues and they continue to grow they could find themselves in much tougher regular season games.

I respectfully disagree in 4a they would most likely find themselves playing a knox fulton, red bank, or even greeneville first round and on an average year I would much rather play besty or happy valley. If they go back five leagues and they continue to grow they could find themselves in much tougher regular season games.

Year in and year out, 3A is tougher than 4A. JMO. I agree with you if the go back to 5 classifications and they continue to grow, it will hurt them though.

Year in and year out, 3A is tougher than 4A. JMO. I agree with you if the go back to 5 classifications and they continue to grow, it will hurt them though.

In my opinion, the perception of 3A being better has a lot to do with Alcoa. If you throw Alcoa out of the mix, then I think 4A is better as whole. It is just more difficult to win 3A because Alcoa is going to be standing in the way most years. I don't think there is any doubt that 4A is better this year, at least until SM screwed up.

Back to the game. Does anybody think Ballard will pull the same stunt with showing up 15 minutes before kick-off like he did at WG? And given the recent outbreaks of Staph at SG and MSRA at David Crockett, can anyone truly blame a coach for wanting to dress in his own facilities if possible?

Back to the game. Does anybody think Ballard will pull the same stunt with showing up 15 minutes before kick-off like he did at WG? And given the recent outbreaks of Staph at SG and MSRA at David Crockett, can anyone truly blame a coach for wanting to dress in his own facilities if possible?

Isn't this a home game? If not, then I would have gone to the wrong place on Friday night.

Considering it is at home, I really think it would be hard to do that at home. Greeneville would always dress at home when playing at a county school. Not enough room! Now for warming up, I think coach Ballard may have done that to motivate his team, not to do with West Greene's field.

Edited by hearsay