Sequatchie Co. @ Notre Dame

Omniscience

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Signal's sanctions this game becomes huge for playoff implications. Sequatchie (6-2) comes in after taking care of business against Whitwell (64-37). Notre Dame (4-3) had a bye week after losing @ Signal. I no that the Irish offense can score points but there defense has given up a lot. .

Sequatchie needs to come in focused and play there a game and hopefully should be a good win for the indians

Sequatchie should win big, with that said

Sequatchie 54

Notre Dame 41

Sequatchie should be fine in this game if they play well. However, ND has the kind of OFF, that if they get a few turnovers it could be a diffrent game. I just dont see the Def giving up 41, unless most is on backups. It was 50-15 heading into the 4th QTR against Whitwell, but they scored alot of points on the backups and they finished with 36 or so. Most of that Easterly kids yards came on a backup corner and saftey. Best of luck to both teams.

Sequatchie should be fine in this game if they play well. However, ND has the kind of OFF, that if they get a few turnovers it could be a diffrent game. I just dont see the Def giving up 41, unless most is on backups. It was 50-15 heading into the 4th QTR against Whitwell, but they scored alot of points on the backups and they finished with 36 or so. Most of that Easterly kids yards came on a backup corner and saftey. Best of luck to both teams.

I know they were not playing the strongest defense but Seq wasn't too far from scoring 70+ in that game. A long run by the backups was called back on a questionable illegal procedure or formation penalty, it would have put the ball inside the 5, and was followed by another penalty. It would have put the rushing total for the game in the 550 range even with the non-stop clock in some of the second half. There was also a huge hole on the play in which the backups fumbled, could have been another long gain. The offensive line finally looks to be somewhat healthy which makes a big difference, and the experience gained by younger backups looks to be paying off too. I expect the running game for Seq to control things Friday night, keeping Notre Dame's offense off the field.

Edited by Indian

I know they were not playing the strongest defense but Seq wasn't too far from scoring 70+ in that game. A long run by the backups was called back on a questionable illegal procedure or formation penalty, it would have put the ball inside the 5, and was followed by another penalty. It would have put the rushing total for the game in the 550 range even with the non-stop clock in some of the second half. There was also a huge hole on the play in which the backups fumbled, could have been another long gain. The offensive line finally looks to be somewhat healthy which makes a big difference, and the experience gained by younger backups looks to be paying off too. I expect the running game for Seq to control things Friday night, keeping Notre Dame's offense off the field.

I agree, we got our first glimpse of the line we expected this year. Only other game where all were healthy was against York and we had two 100 yard backs. I hate to say it but the injuries may have helped more than hurt. It has allowed others to step up, and now we have younger kids who have gain a lot of experience and also found us a very talented young lineman in the process.