lighthouse christian

pujo

Whats the difference.Same type school,same location,good hard wokking kids,what do they excel at .I bet ezell looked very simalar at one time. Could anyone see the difference or was lighthouse just as atheletic.I tend to believe the difference lies in the priorities of the two schools.

Posted by pujo:

Whats the difference.Same type school,same location,good hard wokking kids,what do they excel at .I bet ezell looked very simalar at one time. Could anyone see the difference or was lighthouse just as atheletic.I tend to believe the difference lies in the priorities of the two schools.

You would have to visually see the two schools to understand. Ezell is a large private school, one of the larger campus locations, and Lighthouse is a tiny church school. One is supported by many Church of Christ churches whereas Lighthouse is a mission of one smaller independent Baptist church. These schools do have different missions and objectives. I have never heard anyone say anything about Lighthouse "recruiting" (for lack of a better word) athletes. Understand, I am not saying anyone "recruits" I'm just saying I have never heard of anyone acusing Lighthouse of doing so.

Its two very different enviroments. Lighthouse doesnt evenhave their own fiels they use the old Antioch High School Field. ezell is easily 2 to 3 times as large as lighthouse. Also ezell is a school thats has an established reputation in the area and they are all of about 1 mile from each other. Its not really the same but to steal some language i have seen on here APPLES TO APPLES. Why do you want to know anyways ?

Lighthouse fields a team of about 19 while Ezell has 55 players on the roster. Another differnce is the cirriculum at Ezell is much more high paced than Lighthouse. I had a teacher at Ezell tell me that was why his son was in school over there instead of Ezell.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 10-12-02 9:54P]

Posted by pujo:

I knew they were in about the same location and I was wondering why they were not able to compete.I guess their just not interested in atheletics.

pujo...Just because they are not good doesn`t mean they are not interested in sports. It probably means that all these advantges you keep talking about are somewhat trumped up. Fact is that the majority of private schools in 1A are at best just competitive or below average. Just 4 or 5 are really good teams, yet they have somehow caused this big turmoil which may eventually cost football fans a chance to see good football programs (public/private) line up and knock heads. :(

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:
Posted by pujo:

I knew they were in about the same location and I was wondering why they were not able to compete.I guess their just not interested in atheletics.

pujo...Just because they are not good doesn`t mean they are not interested in sports. It probably means that all these advantges you keep talking about are somewhat trumped up. Fact is that the majority of private schools in 1A are at best just competitive or below average. Just 4 or 5 are really good teams, yet they have somehow caused this big turmoil which may eventually cost football fans a chance to see good football programs (public/private) line up and knock heads. :(

Good post, VG. Most ET privates that aren't Webb are mediocre at best. CAK is starting to get better; Knox Catholic is a very average DII team who may have won a few dist/region titles before that split, but never dominated in the playoffs; Notre Dame won probably about the same or less than Knox Catholic. King's Academy usually doesn't even play a full schedule.

This is most assuredly a mid-state conflict that just happens to effect everybody else. All the 2A teams in the Upper Cumberland moved up to avoid the lone 2 private schools in 2A. ET powers will deal with them when the time comes. Seems like Alcoa beat Goodpasture in 2000 but lost to them in 2001. What short memories some of us have.

Oh, a good mark for you, btw.

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:
Posted by pujo:

One of my friends teaches or taught at Lighthouse. The pay is very low and they have almost no resources. The parents send their kids there because it is cheap and a private church school education. I think he may even go to that church? Anyway, they don't have the resources to go out and "recruit" even if they wanted to compete at D-II-A. Unlike about six other private schools in Nashville who find ways (legal or not) to bring in the athletes.