Clarksville Academy @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Clarksville Academy travels to the Dungeon this Friday in what is most likely the District 10 Championship game. CA is leading the district standings with a 4-0 district record, 7-1 overall. Meanwhile, Jo Byrns @ 3-0 in the district, 4-3 overall sits in second place. A win by CA locks up the championship for them and a win by JB puts them in first place and in the driver's seat to win the championship. In addition, the winner of this game (district) will likely get a first round bye in the playoffs. Needless to say, this is a very important game for both teams.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a JB fan’s perspective, this game is going to go a long way in telling us how far we may go in the playoffs. CA looks like a second round playoff team to me and with the injuries JB has had, they’re looking more and more like one too. Third round playoff teams usually have a powerful running game and a solid defense. Sometimes you’ll see a third round team with a top-notch QB and passing game and solid defense but not too often (the QB has to be really good). With that said, the jury is still out on JB. Defensively they’ve shown they can’t stop a powerful running game. Let me rephrase that…they can’t stop a powerful running game on 3rd and 4th down. Offensively, I don’t think we’ve ever been able to get on track this year. We’ve had numerous deflating dropped passes. We’ve had our #2 RB quit. We’ve lost our All-State RB for the season, along with our deep threat on the outside for the season. All this has added up to an offense that spits and sputters at times. But enough about why we’re not doing this or that!!!

From here on out, there can be no more excuses!!! You’ve got to play the hand you’re dealt. Like I’ve mentioned before, we do have a top-notch QB. We do have an offensive line that was capable of leading their team to the state championship game last year. And we do have a couple of solid receivers. While our defense hasn’t given us anything to be excited about in our 3 losses, at the very least you can say that we’re battle tested and we know where we stand (i.e. we’re going to give up about 35 points to the top-notch teams). We’re just going to have to find a way to create a turnover or two and execute our offense like we’re capable of. This is what I want to see in this game…an opportunistic defense and a mistake free offensive performance. If we can do this, we’ll give ourselves a punchers chance of making another deep run in the playoffs.

I hate to say it...but I believe Clarksville Aca. will win this one. After watching both teams put it to WHH, CA seems to be the stronger team of the two. JB with injuries and a defense that has been up and down this season is ripe for an upset. This could be CA's year. :shock:

I hate to say it...but I believe Clarksville Aca. will win this one. After watching both teams put it to WHH, CA seems to be the stronger team of the two. JB with injuries and a defense that has been up and down this season is ripe for an upset. This could be CA's year. :shock:

JB has a lot of tradition and is always a tough opponent but I will have to agree with you. JB has been plagued with injuries and just plain bad luck this year and CA has a chance to make their own destiny this week by winning this game. So, I look for this one to be fight. Good luck to both teams

This is going to be a very interesting game for Jo Byrns...They have been a juggernaut of a program for a while now and now they've been plagued with the injury bug and people quitin, but Clarksville Academy is a team on the rise and probly should watch out for...But i don't really know right now who has the edge really in this game but my gut goes to Jo Byrns because its bein played in Adams, so my prediction will be on thursday night and Good Luck to both teams..hope to see both in the playoffs

Dang, had more action on your bye week thread. Where are the regular JB Hosers hiding at, Moto?

I think most people are just disappointed. A lot of us had high hopes for this team and now it feels like we're just trying to pick up the pieces and salvage the season. Now my hope is that we play like the Steelers played yesterday...like an old scarred up dog backed into a corner ready to make it's final stand...by God!!! If we go down we go down...but I want to see us go down swinging!<

Dang, had more action on your bye week thread. Where are the regular JB Hosers hiding at, Moto?

I'm around 11..... Jus one of those dissapointing years we all have to endure from time to time, it jus come a year earlier than we thought.... Anyway I hope my JB boys will leave it all on the field, if they do we can't ask for much more than that !

I'm around 11..... Jus one of those dissapointing years we all have to endure from time to time, it jus come a year earlier than we thought.... Anyway I hope my JB boys will leave it all on the field, if they do we can't ask for much more than that !

Yeah, u and MOTO, along with a splash of Logger and shepherd are it this year. Guess 38 moved on when her son left.