1A Playoff Standings

MOTO24

Its interesting listening about how west Tennessee is gonna win it all. Here is a hint in order to win it all you better have a power running game with a huge back, and a ton of speed on defense. That is the recipe to beating S.Pitt and there is not many in the state let alone 1A that can do it. Winner comes from the Pitt/Gordonsville game

Time will tell. I have never said that Huntingdon will beat SP or Gordonsville. I have said Huntingdon will make it there.

But for sake of argument, I will say now that Huntingdon can beat either of those two teams.

You are absolutely correct. I was thinking McEwen was one up in playing teams with .500 record.

There is no way for McEwen to make the playoffs over UC other than winning another game. If UC wins they have 4 wins, if South Fulton wins that will give UC 7 teams with .500 record or better. Either way UC is in over McEwen barring an upset by McEwen in one of their last two games.

Good catch their lakecountyfalconfan!! :thumb:

Thanks, it is funny to watch all these other fans from other teams argue when all they have to do is research it themselves if they do not believe us. It is right there in front of them, I guess there trying so hard to avoid Huntingdon that they see what they want to lol and I just noticed im posting under a different name didn't catch it before but I had someone elses name saved in my log in on my computer.

If UC only has three wins they will not get in. Bruceton beats TCA giving them four win, Gleason beats scotts hill and Bruceton giving them four wins. But bigger than that, TSSAA will not make a patty cake quad of third and fourth teams. If UC wins, Gleason wins, and bruceton picks up one win then all will be in with bruceton going to quad 3. TSSAA will even out the quads with 1 and 2 seeds as best they can.

Are you not paying attention at all? if Gleason, UC, and Bruceton wins then yes they will send Bruceton to quad 3 and they will send Huntingdon there also.. Because quad 4 by geography would be full. Quad 4 would have: Lake Co., Gleason, West Carroll, Union City, MAHS, and South Fulton.

Anyone not from Huntingdon is wasting their time on these boards, they are the experts on the Playoff seedings, they have the best 1a team to ever step on the field, Warbritton is the best QB to play 1A EVER, their D is somewhat parallel to that of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Their is no reason to have the playoffs save the time and money, the STANGS will win it all!!

Anyone not from Huntingdon is wasting their time on these boards, they are the experts on the Playoff seedings, they have the best 1a team to ever step on the field, Warbritton is the best QB to play 1A EVER, their D is somewhat parallel to that of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Their is no reason to have the playoffs save the time and money, the STANGS will win it all!!

Might Make You A Stang Fan After All :roflol:

In quadrant 2 it has Clay County as being the last team in the playoffs with 3 wins. Monterey and Clay both has 3 wins yet Monterey beat Clay earlier in the season. Both will finish with 3 wins because 1 team plays Friendship and the other plays Gordonsville. So how is that Clay is in and Monterey is not?

• Upvote 1

After week 8, here is what the quad 2 bracket looks like. :shock: That would likely put Gordonsville in S.P. in the 2nd round.

Class 1A - Quadrant 2

No. 5 Moore County at No. 4 Columbia Academy

Moore County/Columbia Academy winner at No. 1 Eagleville

No. 6 Clay County at No. 3 Gordonsville

Clay County/Gordonsville winner at No. 2 South Pittsburg

Edited by rlh

No one other than you has ever said anyone on here was an expert on the Playoff seedings. However, I do have sense enough to read the rules and follow the process. Try reading a bit you can figure it out, I have faith in you. :thumb:

Have there been some fans that give the impression that Huntingdon is unbeatable? Yeah, there has been. I don't believe Huntingdon is unbeatable. I do believe that they are very capable of beating any 1A school in the state. Huntingdon is on a short list of teams that IMO are able to do. The others are South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, Wayne County, and Perry County.

Without a lot of mistakes in a game, I believe Huntingdon can beat Wayne and Perry county 8 out of 10 times. South Pittsburg and Gordonsville are more of a toss up. Huntingdon will have to have their AA game to beat either of those schools.

In quadrant 2 it has Clay County as being the last team in the playoffs with 3 wins. Monterey and Clay both has 3 wins yet Monterey beat Clay earlier in the season. Both will finish with 3 wins because 1 team plays Friendship and the other plays Gordonsville. So how is that Clay is in and Monterey is not?

Clay county has one more team on their schedule that has a .500 record or better as of this week.

Keep in mind, this is just like the major league baseball season. If the season ended two weeks before it did, St. Louis would not be in the world series. All of the numbers change each week.

after week 8 action, the 16 criteria that determine the playoff standings were ran through the Voodoo machine and monterey isn't ranked in the top 24 teams.

No one other than you has ever said anyone on here was an expert on the Playoff seedings. However, I do have sense enough to read the rules and follow the process. Try reading a bit you can figure it out, I have faith in you. :thumb:

Have there been some fans that give the impression that Huntingdon is unbeatable? Yeah, there has been. I don't believe Huntingdon is unbeatable. I do believe that they are very capable of beating any 1A school in the state. Huntingdon is on a short list of teams that IMO are able to do. The others are South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, Wayne County, and Perry County.

Without a lot of mistakes in a game, I believe Huntingdon can beat Wayne and Perry county 8 out of 10 times. South Pittsburg and Gordonsville are more of a toss up. Huntingdon will have to have their AA game to beat either of those schools.

Not Trying To Say Huntingdon Will Win State This Year But I Promise You That Will Give Any Team In 1A A Run For Their Money.

after week 8 action, the 16 criteria that determine the playoff standings were ran through the Voodoo machine and monterey isn't ranked in the top 24 teams.

What kills me is out of all that criteria that is put in to determining who does or doesn't make the playoffs is head to head match-ups are not put in this equation.