McEwen

Quad 4

Lake Co.

MAHS

Union City

South Fulton

West Caroll

Bruceton

This looks awesome :thumb: But Bruceton would be in Quad 3 before Huntingdon.

Edited by theGURU

There's a pretty good chance that Copper Basin will lose their last 2 games against Boyd Buch and Lookout Valley. I think Harriman may lose another game since the play Grace Christian. I think that may knock both of them out of the running which may shift So. Pittsburg to quad 1 if that happens.

That's what I'm hoping happens.

If SP stays in Quad 2, they'd probably play Gville in the second round.

Well I have just been catching up on posts today. Looks like it has been an interesting day of discussions. There are some folks on here lost as last year's Easter egg.

The process can be confusing if you try to figure it all out in total and not by pieces. You don't build a house all at once. You build it one step at a step.

Here is the process as simple as I can make it:

1) Determine the 24 teams that make the playoffs

For the most part the listing of Playoff standings will give you the 24 teams to make the field. However, if in the rare occurrence there is a 1st or 2nd place district team NOT in the top 24, that team will replace the bottom team on the list.

This is why there is not a conflict between the two sections on TSSAA website. The first criteria is whether a team places 1st or 2nd. The listing that gives the current playoff teams does not take into consideration district standings.

For example: On todays listing, if Gleason were to finish either 1st or 2nd in their district they would replace Clay County.

2) Place teams in quadrants

After the 24 teams are set, each team will be placed geographically. It does not matter if there are 3 district champions and 3 2nd place teams all in the same quad. There could be a quad will all wild cards. It is done geographically without regard to district/region alignments per TSSAA.

3) Seed teams in quadrants

Once all teams have been divided into quadrants the teams are seeded. District champions will be seeded before anyone else. So if there is a 5-5 district champion in a quadrant and no one else came in 1st place, that team will be seeded #1. After the 1st place teams are seeded, any 2nd place teams will be seeded. After 1st and 2nd places teams are seeded, all wild card teams will be seeded. Each step of the process will go back to the 16 tie breakers. If there are multiple 1st place teams, the tie will be broken by the 16 tie breakers.

For example: If Huntingdon and Wayne Co both end up in the same quadrant and both are 10-0, based on the current playoff standings Wayne county would end with a #1 seed because the second tie breaker is teams on schedule that have won 50% or more of their games. Wayne Co currently has 6 and Huntingdon has 5.

The confusing part is not being able to come up with all the numbers until the season is over. All 16 of the tie breakers change each week. It does make it interesting in that there are games that have playoff implications for other teams now that before did not mean anything.

Just so you know, the old system had a very similar process for breaking ties between teams with the same record. The last of which was a coin toss then too.

Edited by stangfan978

That's what I'm hoping happens.

If SP stays in Quad 2, they'd probably play Gville in the second round.

I hope the Quads end up almost like Moto has shown above but with Huntingdon/Bruceton switched. Cause it would be awesome to play Wayne County twice this year. And then go take a dump on Huntingdons Hopes and Dreams.smiley-toilet14.gif

I think so. Get it down to 16 teams in 1a and 2a.

Guess its a money thing to let so many teams in now but i agree with you to limit the number of spots. Travel shouldnt be such a factor either IMO can remember traveling all over tn come playoff time, agree should be a factor during season but a game or two in playoffa is different. Seed 4 teams in four quads and go. Just a thought welcome anyones opinion

Guess its a money thing to let so many teams in now but i agree with you to limit the number of spots. Travel shouldnt be such a factor either IMO can remember traveling all over tn come playoff time, agree should be a factor during season but a game or two in playoffa is different. Seed 4 teams in four quads and go. Just a thought welcome anyones opinion

That makes since. And it would eliminate alot of these Give Me wins some teams get in the 1st Round. Especially the way the Seeding is determined this year.

After looking over this stuff and examining schedules I don't think you will have any 3 win teams in. I can see Union City beating South Fulton to get their fourth win, Gleason Defeating Scotts Hill to get 4 and possibly 5 with a win over Bruceton, also Bruceton may get their 4th this week vs. a 2-5 TCA team or even the following week against Gleason, Huntland ends the season with winless Middle TN Christian so they should pick up their 4th as well. With this scenario every playoff team will have at least 4 wins going in. The issue is who moves east in this situation. With it set up this way the current east side would have the following teams: Eagleville, South Pittsburg, Coalfield, Greenback, Gordonsville, Sunbright, Lookout Valley, Chatt. Grace, Columbia Academy, Moore Co., Huntland that is 11 teams while the west side would have the following teams: Huntingdon, Wayne Co. Clarksville Academy, West Carroll, Lake County, Perry County, MAHS, Jo Byrns, South Fulton, Nashville Christian, Union City, Bruceton and Gleason. That is 13 teams. Who will move East?? My bet in this situation if they go geographically would be Nashville Christian. That would balance it 12/12. Then the Quads would likely be

Quad 1: South Pittsburg, Coalfield, Greenback, Sunbright, Lookout Valley, Chatt. Grace

Quad 2: Eagleville, Gordonsville, Columbia Academy, Moore County, Nashville Christian, Huntland

Quad 3: Huntingdon, Wayne County, Clarksville Academy, Perry County, Jo Byrns, Bruceton

Quad 4: Lake County, West Carroll, MAHS, Union City, South Fulton, Gleason.

Again this is provided no upsets happen and the TSSAA groups geographically first. Who knows how it will play out but that is my best guess based on remaining schedules of the teams in the hunt for the final spots and teams currently listed as in.

After looking over this stuff and examining schedules I don't think you will have any 3 win teams in. I can see Union City beating South Fulton to get their fourth win, Gleason Defeating Scotts Hill to get 4 and possibly 5 with a win over Bruceton, also Bruceton may get their 4th this week vs. a 2-5 TCA team or even the following week against Gleason, Huntland ends the season with winless Middle TN Christian so they should pick up their 4th as well. With this scenario every playoff team will have at least 4 wins going in. The issue is who moves east in this situation. With it set up this way the current east side would have the following teams: Eagleville, South Pittsburg, Coalfield, Greenback, Gordonsville, Sunbright, Lookout Valley, Chatt. Grace, Columbia Academy, Moore Co., Huntland that is 11 teams while the west side would have the following teams: Huntingdon, Wayne Co. Clarksville Academy, West Carroll, Lake County, Perry County, MAHS, Jo Byrns, South Fulton, Nashville Christian, Union City, Bruceton and Gleason. That is 13 teams. Who will move East?? My bet in this situation if they go geographically would be Nashville Christian. That would balance it 12/12. Then the Quads would likely be

Quad 1: South Pittsburg, Coalfield, Greenback, Sunbright, Lookout Valley, Chatt. Grace

Quad 2: Eagleville, Gordonsville, Columbia Academy, Moore County, Nashville Christian, Huntland

Quad 3: Huntingdon, Wayne County, Clarksville Academy, Perry County, Jo Byrns, Bruceton

Again this is provided no upsets happen and the TSSAA groups geographically first. Who knows how it will play out but that is my best guess based on remaining schedules of the teams in the hunt for the final spots and teams currently listed as in.

It looks like we have the same teams except for McEwen/Gleason. Either way, I think we're both pretty close...

Im guessing that South Fulton beats Union City(they will go winless and not make playoffs) Gleason beats Scotts Hill, Bruceton beats Gleason and TCA. And Huntland wins as you stated. Which would change the quads to this. In Order of Seeding. Which would be my favorite.

Quad 1. South Pittsburg, Coalfield, Greenback, Sunbright, Lookout Valley, and Chatt Grace.

Quad 2. Eagleville, Gordonsville, Columbia Academy, Moore County, Huntland, and Nashville Christian.

Quad 3. Clarksville Academy, Perry County, Wayne County, Jo Byrns, Bruceton, and McEwen

Quad 4. Huntingdon, Lake County, West Carroll, South Fulton, MAHS, and Gleason.

I think this possibility is very likely.