Lexington 2nd to Greenville in AP? Is this a joke?

TriplesAlley

Lexington plays in arguably the toughest 4A district in the state. Lexington, Chester County, Liberty are all legit programs and even South Side and Bolivar are talented. Greenville plays district games against subpar programs in which they can run up the score. The body of work Lexington has compiled this year should leave no doubt. Of course there is that weighted scale of East Tennessee bias that always seems to come into play. Everybody wants a shot at Lexington, but careful what you wish for East & Middle Tennessee. Many have tried, and all have failed to knock off the Tigers in 2011!

Edited by TriplesAlley

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexington plays in arguably the toughest 4A district in the state. Lexington, Chester County, Liberty are all legit programs and even South Side and Bolivar are talented. Greenville plays district games against subpar programs in which they can run up the score. The body of work Lexington has compiled this year should leave no doubt. Of course there is that weighted scale of East Tennessee bias that always seems to come into play. Everybody wants a shot at Lexington, but careful what you wish for East & Middle Tennessee. Many have tried, and all have failed to knock off the Tigers in 2011!

You should probably listen to your own advice and be careful what you wish for. If Lexington makes it to the championship game, you will get your wish. However, you will not like the result. The boys in Greene are more than Lexington can handle. The voters know it and you should realize it.

You should probably listen to your own advice and be careful what you wish for. If Lexington makes it to the championship game, you will get your wish. However, you will not like the result. The boys in Greene are more than Lexington can handle. The voters know it and you should realize it.

I should realize that an inflated Greenville ranking due to a soft schedule fools people into believing their good? Greenville in no more than garbage in a gold wrapper. When your team gets in front of a real program the wake up call will come, I will give Greenville some credit, they would probably finish 3rd in our district in front of Liberty, but behind Chester County. Sorry AllThatMatters, that's what happens when your district is actually tough.

How about you quit your whining and realize that polls mean NOTHING in high school. If your team really is the best 4A has to offer(which I highly doubt), let them show it the first week of December instead of starting a thread to complain like a little girl about how some newspaper writers didn't give your team the credit you think they deserve.

guess that 2010 loss to Trezevant in the semis last year is just too hard for the voters to forget...

I think everyone pretty much wants a shot at Greeneville. Defending State Champs, current #1 team, beat perennial powerhouse Alcoa (by a lot). I guess we will all see when the last man is still standing though.

How about you quit your whining and realize that polls mean NOTHING in high school. If your team really is the best 4A has to offer(which I highly doubt), let them show it the first week of December instead of starting a thread to complain like a little girl about how some newspaper writers didn't give your team the credit you think they deserve.

BlackandGoldforLife, wow that's a long name. Was FUBAR already taken? Look B&G4L, that was a nice rant, but you E Tenn guys better buckle up for playoffs. West is coming and were taking your dreams and the trophy when we leave. So keep beating up on the little sisters of the poor and telling yourselves your good.

BlackandGoldforLife, wow that's a long name. Was FUBAR already taken? Look B&G4L, that was a nice rant, but you E Tenn guys better buckle up for playoffs. West is coming and were taking your dreams and the trophy when we leave. So keep beating up on the little sisters of the poor and telling yourselves your good.

I think the back to back championship games and the silver and gold balls in the trophy case from the past two years tell Greeneville that they are good, not themselves.

Bad conduct! Let's promote ourselves as adults and let the games be settled on the field. If both teams make it that far, then we will see who deserves the gold ball! Lexington will have to prove themselves, as Gville has no competition in their conference they have won some games against tough opponents! Let the games be played on the field, not on here! I really have no dog in the race, I pull for little ole small WG(3A)! Let the games begin and may the best team win the Gold Ball! I know little about Lexington, but good luck to both teams! Let's not be as***, this is kids with goals to win a Gold Ball!

Edited by WGHS1987

I am not an East TN guy nor do I care what happens in 4A. I just get tired of people whining and crying cause their team isn't ranked number 1.

---------------------------------------------------

Lex has much to prove before this game will ever be played ..need to concentrate on your area ,Mempho teams afore you make exaggrated statements , Then. Just do it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DHSFB64

I guess news travels slow across the river. The T$$AA will shift the quads after week 10. In quad 3 you will have two teams, Trezevant & Lexington. All quad 4 teams are being combined with quads 1 & 2. Since Trezevant is ineligible, Lexington will play Lexington four times at home and if they find a way to win, advance to become the sacrificial lamb for the winner of middle/east quads.

So go listen to you some Elvis because after three tries they are finally going to get the Lex across the river. :roflolk: