Lexington 2nd to Greenville in AP? Is this a joke?

TriplesAlley

Lexington plays in arguably the toughest 4A district in the state. Lexington, Chester County, Liberty are all legit programs and even South Side and Bolivar are talented. Greenville plays district games against subpar programs in which they can run up the score. The body of work Lexington has compiled this year should leave no doubt. Of course there is that weighted scale of East Tennessee bias that always seems to come into play. Everybody wants a shot at Lexington, but careful what you wish for East & Middle Tennessee. Many have tried, and all have failed to knock off the Tigers in 2011!

I agree that Greeneville plays in a district where they are superior. BUT they are good, and even better in big games (playoffs).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should realize that an inflated Greenville ranking due to a soft schedule fools people into believing their good? Greenville in no more than garbage in a gold wrapper. When your team gets in front of a real program the wake up call will come, I will give Greenville some credit, they would probably finish 3rd in our district in front of Liberty, but behind Chester County. Sorry AllThatMatters, that's what happens when your district is actually tough.

How many times have you actually seen Greeneville play? How do you know if they are overrated?

Lexington plays in arguably the toughest 4A district in the state. Lexington, Chester County, Liberty are all legit programs and even South Side and Bolivar are talented. Greenville plays district games against subpar programs in which they can run up the score. The body of work Lexington has compiled this year should leave no doubt. Of course there is that weighted scale of East Tennessee bias that always seems to come into play. Everybody wants a shot at Lexington, but careful what you wish for East & Middle Tennessee. Many have tried, and all have failed to knock off the Tigers in 2011!

Greeneville can't help that their district isn't strong, however they have proven themselves against good competition. I think this speaks for itself.

http://www.ihigh.com/alcoa/broadcast_179833.html?silverlight=1

I too hope these teams represent us (west tn) well in the playoffs!! I think you need to slow your roll a little bit tho man!! Calling out the reigning state champs in this way is not very smart! In greenville's eyes (because of the past) LHS still has to prove theirselves much like in LHS's eyes CC had to prove theirselves!! LHS is in fact a good team but making it to the semis is no comparison to bringing home the Gold Ball!!! That being said we have alot of football left!! GO EAGLES and GO WEST TN!!

Edited by use2play4cc

arguably???when did chester county come into this???when lexington only beat them by 7 four days ago...there are so many things in ur statement that are over dramatic...12AA is a ridiculous district...check that...bashing greeneville after theyve been to the championship game 2 years in a row and winning the last 1 over a team that beat u lexington...lexington scored once in the semifinal game...the team that beat u lost by 50...how do u explain the lack of respect here...

14AA...lets start here...for the last 3 or 4 years this district has had the worst team in 3A football...jcm as well as the worst team in 4A fayatte ware...that alone gives most districts an advantage over us...2 of our 8 teams are the worst in the state...furthermore our district 14AA has been run by liberty and lexington the last 3 years or so...and neither team has made it past the semis...that means were no better than 3rd or 4th...

back to chester co...lexington folks all last week and most of the season have been sayin how overrated CC is...now ur sayin theyre the 2nd best team in 14AA...dont think so...either they are...or they arent...lexington could very well have lost to CC and liberty this season...both 1 TD games...both games were at lexington with some shady calls for the home team...thats all fine...liberty lost because they turned the ball over 3x...leading to 3 TDs for lexington...reverse that and its a liberty blowout of the #1 team in 4A right...or u just dont see it that way...lexington was on the verge of blowing out CC and let them come back same as liberty did...and chester had the ball with the game on the line and didnt convert in the redzone...u really wana play them again??? good luck...u really think ur defense is the best in 4A when u give up 42 points to liberty tech after 3 turnovers...is liberty really that good???or are u really that overrated...

also 14AA...south side was undefeated a few years back going into the 1st round of the playoffs...had a home game...and lost by 3 or 4 TDs to a 4 seed from nashville i believe it was...that doesnt bode well for our district...of course we wont get any respect with that goin on...

bashing another teams schedule...lexington...are you serious here...u of all teams have no right to say anything about strength of schedule...scotts hill...riverside...a 1A and 2A squads for non district games...and 2 of the worst at that...now lets throw in hardin county...yes they are down this year...and they were a spectacular 7-5 last season losing in the 2nd round of 5A playoffs...not good enough to be trashing another teams schedule...much less the defending state champs...

greeneville played alcoa...yes alcoa...doesnt matter that they have all those injuries...they put them on the schedule...they sacked up and tried it...and guess what...the dominos fell just right and they did just what they were suppose to do to a weakened team...but they lost u say...and u havent...yea they lost to morristown west a top 5 team in 5A football...who just lost their 1st game of the season as well...to the #3 team in 6A football...thats leaps and bounds above hardin county sir...get ur head out of ur shoes...why dont u nut up and go play henry county...see whats up...go play dyer county and that spread offense with that QB...u wont be undefeated and u wont be top 5 with 2 losses...whats more...greeneville threw down with alcoa...why doesnt lexington give milan a shot...thats about the same isnt it...not really but oh well im on a box with my flippy floppies...

I should realize that an inflated Greenville ranking due to a soft schedule fools people into believing their good? Greenville in no more than garbage in a gold wrapper. When your team gets in front of a real program the wake up call will come, I will give Greenville some credit, they would probably finish 3rd in our district in front of Liberty, but behind Chester County. Sorry AllThatMatters, that's what happens when your district is actually tough.

You better not piss off the Greene Machine there TriplesAlley! You got beat by a team that didn't deserve to be on the same field as Greeneville last year in the championship game. Not to mention that almost everyone returned on D and lost 3 people on O. If you played Greeneville's schedule you would already have 3 loses to Science Hill, Mo West, and Alcoa :thumb: . Not to mention everyone knows west tennessee is known for basketball not football :roflol:

P.S. Glad to see some support from our County brothers. I cheer for yall as long as your not playing Greeneville :D

Ok... I knew this was coming and I have total respect for everyone’s excitement when we all approach this time of the HS football season. However, before you come on here and start questioning polls or the Devils just remember...The Polls don't mean a thing... If you would like to feel better about yourselves maybe you can write to all the newspapers who vote and they can give you your #1 ranking back.. Because I can assure you on the first Saturday in December Lexington will not be carrying a gold ball back with them... and thats the bottom line.. I have seen film on Lexington this year and I can tell you this... you just better worry about getting out of your quad first and then to cookeville... You guys have NO idea what awaits you from the middle of the state... Lexington maybe the cream crop in your area but, you are NOT even close to the caliber of talent you are about to face...Let me remind you of another thing...I do believe Lexington was the team to beat last year out of the west but, a team by the name of Trezavant ended that dream and you saw what the Devils did to them...Go to the web and you can watch some video of the Devils in action this year or go to alcoihigh.com and you can watch the full Alco game and see what the Devils did to them... Alcoa would mercy rule Lexington. So, as the Friday nights come and go may both teams (Lexington and Greeneville) find their way to Cookeville... It will be our privilege to dominate another team from the west, and do so with class, and carry that gold ball back to NE TN.., Good Luck the rest of the way... GO BIG GREENE

Ok... I knew this was coming and I have total respect for everyone’s excitement when we all approach this time of the HS football season. However, before you come on here and start questioning polls or the Devils just remember...The Polls don't mean a thing... If you would like to feel better about yourselves maybe you can write to all the newspapers who vote and they can give you your #1 ranking back.. Because I can assure you on the first Saturday in December Lexington will not be carrying a gold ball back with them... and thats the bottom line.. I have seen film on Lexington this year and I can tell you this... you just better worry about getting out of your quad first and then to cookeville... You guys have NO idea what awaits you from the middle of the state... Lexington maybe the cream crop in your area but, you are NOT even close to the caliber of talent you are about to face...Let me remind you of another thing...I do believe Lexington was the team to beat last year out of the west but, a team by the name of Trezavant ended that dream and you saw what the Devils did to them...Go to the web and you can watch some video of the Devils in action this year or go to alcoihigh.com and you can watch the full Alco game and see what the Devils did to them... Alcoa would mercy rule Lexington. So, as the Friday nights come and go may both teams (Lexington and Greeneville) find their way to Cookeville... It will be our privilege to dominate another team from the west, and do so with class, and carry that gold ball back to NE TN.., Good Luck the rest of the way... GO BIG GREENE

I by no means agree with the starter of this post. It's clear that Greeneville is the proven team. With that being sad I have a few problems with your post. We handled the middle of the state with ease last year. The defense is improving weekly and are really starting to click. Last year at trezavent there are intangibles that I won't bother mentioning because you'll take them as excuses. Lexington was a much better team than trezvent but that is aside the point because that was last year. In high school football you can't ever chalk up a win because of teenage emotion. I wish Greeneville luck because there is no one else Lexington would rather play than the best.

I by no means agree with the starter of this post. It's clear that Greeneville is the proven team. With that being sad I have a few problems with your post. We handled the middle of the state with ease last year. The defense is improving weekly and are really starting to click. Last year at trezavent there are intangibles that I won't bother mentioning because you'll take them as excuses. Lexington was a much better team than trezvent but that is aside the point because that was last year. In high school football you can't ever chalk up a win because of teenage emotion. I wish Greeneville luck because there is no one else Lexington would rather play than the best.

Beating Greenbrier (6-4) and Whitehouse (5-5) is far from handling Middle Tennessee since neither team was near as good as other Middle Tennessee teams that were in the Play-0ffs (Maplewood, David Lipscomb, and Giles Co. Both of those teams would love to go west again. I've seen film on Lexington and it will take alot of improvement to beat Greeneville or whoever comes from quads 1 or 2.

Beating Greenbrier (6-4) and Whitehouse (5-5) is far from handling Middle Tennessee since neither team was near as good as other Middle Tennessee teams that were in the Play-0ffs (Maplewood, David Lipscomb, and Giles Co. Both of those teams would love to go west again. I've seen film on Lexington and it will take alot of improvement to beat Greeneville or whoever comes from quads 1 or 2.

Now swipes don't be too hard on him. They don't see enough defense out west to recognize a butt whippin' when its comin'.

I think most of the middle of the state was in Quad 2 last year with Maplewood obviously having the 2nd best team in the state last year. And I think Greeneville handled them in the semi-finals, or what I liked to call the "real" championship game. Maybe not with ease, but they handled them. Now Trezeveant, from the west, Greeneville did handle them with ease, as you would say. However, it wasn't easy getting out of the parking lot after the game.