Farragut at Anderson County

bigbluevolley

Farragut has all K2 players!!!!

I was at the district and was on the fence who to pull for between Farr and Cath. No both teams well. I have said before that Catholic was coming on strong, but I think they benefited by some bad decisions by Farr. Too many tips. Also, I want to back up on something that I said earlier, I actually think Farr went to the outsides too much. Catholic adjusted and almost won when Farr didn't change back.

The Right side hitter for Farr did not get near enough sets. She is playing great right now. It almost felt like the Farr OH was getting too many sets, so they became predictable? why the change? AG did the coach lose confidence in the MH and the RS?

AG, calm some of these posters down. If you lose to AC the season is over, no sub-state, over. Farr looked tight in the finals against Catholic.

Also, AC has been playing hurt. One of the Oak Ridge parents told me that their big outside hitter didn't play in the tournament because of an illness that she had been battling. She is the best all around player in Knoxville, without her it is a big loss. Also, this AC team is young, only 1 senior. They play up and down. When they play "up" they are fantastic.

This was the WORST possible draw for Farragut! You guys are giving them way too much bulletin board material. My advice is to get off coacht until after the match. AC has alot of talent, and pride. I would suspect that they will be ready. I know you said you wanted AC in the first round, well now you got them. My fear is if AC takes the first game they will get on a roll, and Farragut may have a rough night.

I am rooting for both Farr and Catholic and will remain neutral if they meet in the finals.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut has all K2 players!!!!

I was at the district and was on the fence who to pull for between Farr and Cath. No both teams well. I have said before that Catholic was coming on strong, but I think they benefited by some bad decisions by Farr. Too many tips. Also, I want to back up on something that I said earlier, I actually think Farr went to the outsides too much. Catholic adjusted and almost won when Farr didn't change back.

The Right side hitter for Farr did not get near enough sets. She is playing great right now. It almost felt like the Farr OH was getting too many sets, so they became predictable? why the change? AG did the coach lose confidence in the MH and the RS?

AG, calm some of these posters down. If you lose to AC the season is over, no sub-state, over. Farr looked tight in the finals against Catholic.

Also, AC has been playing hurt. One of the Oak Ridge parents told me that their big outside hitter didn't play in the tournament because of an illness that she had been battling. She is the best all around player in Knoxville, without her it is a big loss. Also, this AC team is young, only 1 senior. They play up and down. When they play "up" they are fantastic.

This was the WORST possible draw for Farragut! You guys are giving them way too much bulletin board material. My advice is to get off coacht until after the match. AC has alot of talent, and pride. I would suspect that they will be ready. I know you said you wanted AC in the first round, well now you got them. My fear is if AC takes the first game they will get on a roll, and Farragut may have a rough night.

I am rooting for both Farr and Catholic and will remain neutral if they meet in the finals.

Ah, the old predictability snafu. Just have to train a RS and asetter that can back set. but that takes work and someone willing for the challenge and this late in the season coming into tournaments, how long is that going to take. predictability or no predictability will likely win or lose this state for someone, along with the defense. Too much going on in 3 and 4 along with the question you fully didnt answer about the schools that had a lot of those k2 players. Maybe they are too spread out. Are you saying HV Club players are in another club? Someone is doing something there in less than 4 years Edited by PHargis

PH I have no problem with bigblue but your rivalry with that poster is well documented; and your attempts to break down the Knoxville teams based on hearsay is costing you your credibility, just sayin.

You were so overwhelmingly anti Farragut early in the season, why the change of heart K2ruth? PS, I sat next to a woman at the district match who was cheering for both sides. Was it you?

As for the match against Catholic, Farragut lost their senior captain and middle hitter late in the first set, and she was unable to return. At that point the setter started going to the OH alot because she is arguably the best hitter on the team and is definitely the most athletic up front. The RH is playing great right now too and they should have gone to her more often to mix things up. All of the hitters for Farragut have great percentages when they swing. Tipping is the worst thing this team can do to themselves because there is only one player on the team who uses tips as a scoring opportunity with good placement.

The Freshman MH (#7) for Farragut who filled in singelhandedly won the tie breaking set for Farragut. It was very inspiring to see the talented freshman step up in a big situation, and the rest of the team fed off her energy.

Regionals at HVA will be great matches all night long. I'm not making any public predictions but I have a pretty good idea of how things will shake out. Hope to see all of you board lurkers there along with the 5 of us who post.

GO ADS!!!!!

I'm a little bit confused about bigblue's exuberence towards Farragut in this thread. I agree with almost everything thats being said, but I'm a little slower to predict domination because I hate the taste of crow. Is this more pro-Farragut or anti-AC?

Could be exact opposite - looks like an attempt to fire up AC.

Let me put some thoughts to rest. You all are so funny. PH..I Do not post under any other name. Let me say that again. I do Not post under any other name. PH you sound like a child when you say things that you have no idea about. The admiral is correct in saying you are losing your cred!!!I stopped reading your full post about 2 weeks ago.

Admiral. I watch games look at the pros and cons of both teams and come up with a conclusion. That is why you see my post about AC not having a chance. Now we all know that everyone has a chance but if I were a betting person I would put my mortgagae on Farragut. If I were posting this time last year I would be saying the saem thing about my Beavers. They were hands down better than EVERYONE in the region. The facts are the facts. I'm not trying to fire anyone up. I'm voicing my opinion that's all.

I will leave tonight with consistency.

NO WAY NO HOW AC BEATS FARRAGUT!

Let me put some thoughts to rest. You all are so funny. PH..I Do not post under any other name. Let me say that again. I do Not post under any other name. PH you sound like a child when you say things that you have no idea about. The admiral is correct in saying you are losing your cred!!!I stopped reading your full post about 2 weeks ago.

Admiral. I watch games look at the pros and cons of both teams and come up with a conclusion. That is why you see my post about AC not having a chance. Now we all know that everyone has a chance but if I were a betting person I would put my mortgagae on Farragut. If I were posting this time last year I would be saying the saem thing about my Beavers. They were hands down better than EVERYONE in the region. The facts are the facts. I'm not trying to fire anyone up. I'm voicing my opinion that's all.

I have good reason to know your other screen name and computer ID so lets not fool around with that and the admiral did not say that. I have the posts infront of me. And you didnt post under that name last year. And I really doubt you are from Karns. But its close. And not worth pursuing any longer, Texas.

:thumb:

I have good reason to know your other screen name and computer ID so lets not fool around with that and the admiral did not say that. I have the posts infront of me. And you didnt post under that name last year. And I really doubt you are from Karns. But its close. And not worth pursuing any longer, Texas.

"AdmiralGlasgow

Advanced Member

Group:

Members Posts:

79 Joined:

08-August 11 Posted A day ago

PH I have no problem with bigblue but your rivalry with that poster is well documented; and your attempts to break down the Knoxville teams based on hearsay is costing you your credibility, just sayin."

"AdmiralGlasgow

Advanced Member

Group:

Members Posts:

79 Joined:

08-August 11 Posted A day ago

PH I have no problem with bigblue but your rivalry with that poster is well documented; and your attempts to break down the Knoxville teams based on hearsay is costing you your credibility, just sayin."

No rivalry here, thats for sure. There's nothing to have a rivalry about with the poster. He has only been posting about 3 weeks. AG, I appreciate your post.

I truly have a problem with this....Let me see what I can do about it. Btw I have no idea what you are talking about when you say I post with various names..

I truly have a problem with this....Let me see what I can do about it. Btw I have no idea what you are talking about when you say I post with various names..

Maybe I should correct that and post it seems that. You do have the right to post what you want, when you want, and how you want from my viewpoint As I posted it seems you have only been posting a short time and wish you a fine rest of the season and I will enjoy reading your posts.

Phargis, you are wrong. It is not the same person and you are insinuating that you are privy to secure site info, which you are not. Please keep your comments to things that you actually have knowledege about and do not falsely accuse fans.

Announcements