Polk County against South Pittsburg

Roy Dillard

I realize this is the Pok thread but I want to through this in.

A lot of so called experts are saying the Cookeville teams will be Gordsonsville and Huntindon.The Huntingdon @ Dresden game is being played on Thursday October 27...A Thursday game gives those of us that may be interested a chance to see one of the Cookville teams. They say we will see the other, live in the playoffs.

video streamed.

www.tssaanetwork.com/huntingdon

Website is www.thefarmradio.com, games are streamed.

Good info. In all of the Huntingdon games so far they have looked impressive. I just wonder what kind of competition they have out there though.

It is about time Grider beats this Davis man. Grider is 0-2 against him. He has also never beat that Bowling man from Union County and that Creasy man from Trousdale County. Nobody tell Grider, but Im going to go up to Polk County one day this week when I have to go to my doctor visit and Im going to watch this Davis man practice so I can tell Grider exactly what these Polk b5oys are going to do and Grider better listen to me. You think im joking but im not. I was looking in my Murphy Fair and that Davis man has a .696 winning percentage, but he has beaten Grider twice. Grider needs to beat him so that this Davis mans win percentage is not 100% against Grider.

It is about time Grider beats this Davis man. Grider is 0-2 against him. He has also never beat that Bowling man from Union County and that Creasy man from Trousdale County. Nobody tell Grider, but Im going to go up to Polk County one day this week when I have to go to my doctor visit and Im going to watch this Davis man practice so I can tell Grider exactly what these Polk b5oys are going to do and Grider better listen to me. You think im joking but im not. I was looking in my Murphy Fair and that Davis man has a .696 winning percentage, but he has beaten Grider twice. Grider needs to beat him so that this Davis mans win percentage is not 100% against Grider.

Roy, Polk is going to run the ball 80 to 90 percent of the time and play good strong defense. So I just saved you a trip and some money that you can spend on fudgerounds and Red Bulls.

Dad burnit, Another week and another thread with some Num-Nut skillet heads already thinking theys the Bear. Fellers a great portion of plays running and passing success is based on the formation and how the opponant defend the run or pass. The game changed Friday night after the Pirates came with 2 backs and Boyd never really stopped the run. The passing game is often times timing routes to the primary receiver and obviously 1 poster named "Quick" game pass routes. With 2 valuable receivers out in the Allen twins the running game needs to be effective and the passing game takes a hit. Recon, you TENN VOL folkes know all too well about having jest 1 real threat at receiver.

GO WAR EAGLES

Edited by OLD PIRATE

We need to ride the J-Train to the playoffs...Let the run setup the pass this week

YES! Exactly! That is who SP is and always will be....We have a good passing attack but a great running attack...The latter sets up the pass! After talking to the big guy indeed many plays are quick game and it's one read or run it...We do have some that's progression routes but that goes out the door when Johnson is in backfield or until one of the younger WR gain the coaches trust...Losing both Allens hurts this team beyond words...Btw NoComp which color u sporting Friday? Red or Orange?

I think Glider learned a valuable lesson against boyd. Sp IMO has two of the best backs in the state and needs to stick with them through the rest of the season. I would also like some opinions on why sp doesn't run any play action. I personally don't think it would be a bad idea

Funny u mention that because almost everytime we have this year we have had someone streaking wide open and had alot of huge gains early on thus season.... Someone check the film from Boyd but it seems like the long pass to Chubb was playaction...Maybe I'm wrong but teams are going to bite when we fake it to one of our Big Dogs first

Funny u mention that because almost everytime we have this year we have had someone streaking wide open and had alot of huge gains early on thus season.... Someone check the film from Boyd but it seems like the long pass to Chubb was playaction...Maybe I'm wrong but teams are going to bite when we fake it to one of our Big Dogs first

TT, you are right. That pass to Chubb was play action….heck, it fooled the crap out of me! The coaches know best, but they definitely need to incorporate some of that into the offense. I know that Polk does it a lot due to their great ground game. To have a chance Friday night, SP will have to be effective running the ball. If not, it will be a long game.

Don’t know who all went to the game in Benton last year, but several big plays were made by the Wildcats using play action. The Pirate’s style of defense probably dictated a little more of that since they like to blitz a couple of linebackers about every play. If they can play defensively like they have the last two games, the Pirates can maybe stay in the game this year.

YES! Exactly! That is who SP is and always will be....We have a good passing attack but a great running attack...The latter sets up the pass! After talking to the big guy indeed many plays are quick game and it's one read or run it...We do have some that's progression routes but that goes out the door when Johnson is in backfield or until one of the younger WR gain the coaches trust...Losing both Allens hurts this team beyond words...Btw NoComp which color u sporting Friday? Red or Orange?

Orange all the way. If I lose the bet it will be worth it to see SP beat Polk & Knox Grace.

It was. We kind of got lucky on that play. It could have been easily intercepted. I think Chubb had to stop to get the ball, and he still made something out of it. Oh yeah & he is playing injured. He is one of the most talented players to ever come through SP.