Polk County against South Pittsburg

Roy Dillard

Its going to be a tough game tonight for the Pirates. With that being said I think this year is the best chance they have had to get the W. Of course I am predicting a loss, but SP can get it done. SP can win this game if the defense steps up & we dont try to act like we are Oklahoma State. Run the ball Vic. Run the ball.

Edited by NoCompetition2

UncleDave has been quiet most of the week and just reading all the posts. Polk Co has figured themselves out and played really good ball since early in the season. Pirate fans should know better than to take them lightly because they hammered the Pirates last year and beat them after a big 2nd half rally in 2009.

I don’t think Polk has dropped off much, but I also think the Pirates are a solid team when they show up to play. The Defense has showed up well the last two weeks and the Pirates will lean heavily on them tonight. The Pirates won’t be busting as many big plays tonight against a good defense, so they will have to take advantage of any miscues by the Wildcats. I doubt they will be fumbling against the Pirates, so I see this being a defensive game with the Pirates winning 30-21.

I'm very proud of our Pirates. Think about it...there are no Seniors in the backfield and very few on the line. Our quarterback is a Junior with no interceptions, and at safety very few people get past him. Our sophomore running back, Lankford, leads the area in rushing and scoring. He breaks tackles and pinballs his way through secondaries. We're #2 in 1A. We beat the #1 2A team last week. Our Junior running back, Lil Man, fought through injuries to scorch Boyd last week. Jake has had a week to get his timing down with Chubb who has also fought through injury. Coach Grider has had to put together a new team nearly every week due to injuries, but we keep winning. (The loss to the Signal Illeagles doesn't count in my book.) The nine guys on the Times prediction panel are 5-4 us winning against Polk, but at this point I don't care. Win or lose I know the Pirates will give their all.

You and I have a very different definition of a defensive game.

Should be a great game. Polk knows they need to score and score early. I don't think it will come as often as they think. Also I don't think we will either. SP 22-20. Polk goes for 2 to tie it and comes up short. Pirates recover onside kick and kneel on it. Great game!

Should be a great game. Polk knows they need to score and score early. I don't think it will come as often as they think. Also I don't think we will either. SP 22-20. Polk goes for 2 to tie it and comes up short. Pirates recover onside kick and kneel on it. Great game!

I've seen some bold predictions, but this is the boldest. I like it.

I'm very proud of our Pirates. Think about it...there are no Seniors in the backfield and very few on the line. Our quarterback is a Junior with no interceptions, and at safety very few people get past him. Our sophomore running back, Lankford, leads the area in rushing and scoring. He breaks tackles and pinballs his way through secondaries. We're #2 in 1A. We beat the #1 2A team last week. Our Junior running back, Lil Man, fought through injuries to scorch Boyd last week. Jake has had a week to get his timing down with Chubb who has also fought through injury. Coach Grider has had to put together a new team nearly every week due to injuries, but we keep winning. (The loss to the Signal Illeagles doesn't count in my book.) The nine guys on the Times prediction panel are 5-4 us winning against Polk, but at this point I don't care. Win or lose I know the Pirates will give their all.

This is a good post. We will need someone to step up to take Chubb's spot next year. Other than that I like our chances next year of being even better than this year. Im looking foward to seeing Signal come down to SP next year. I think we will give them a better game next year, and maybe even get the win. Thats a long time away from now though & according to TrainTracks I wont be on here anymore. <_<

:thumb: