White House @ Smith County

glover

The Owls whipped us up and down the field tonight, 35-12. I am man enough to sit here and take the heat that is coming. Hope Wicker (#5?) is aright, heard that he may have messed up his hand/finger pretty bad. WH needs to regroup and get ready for Sycamore next Thursday nights. Good luck to SC the rest of the way; great football team.

Well I must say after tonight BDP is a disease I hope I never contract lol. That game was over as soon as SC scored their first TD. Where were the WH fans at tonight? You guys didn't fill up half the visiting side stands.

Congrats to the Owls and lets roll over York next week for our first undefeated regular season since 89! :thumb:

Edited by blackandgoldforlife

Well I must say after tonight BDP is a disease I hope I never contract lol. That game was over as soon as SC scored their first TD. Where were the WH fans at tonight? You guys didn't fill up half the visiting side stands.

Congrats to the Owls and lets roll over York next week for our first undefeated regular season since 89! :thumb:

The bleachers were pretty empty on the WH side tonight. Maybe it being played on Thursday, the weather, and the game being on TV affected everyone? No excuse to missing a huge game...

SC played well in first half. White House played better in 2nd half. SC needs to keep improving and getting ready for a run.

Meant to say that white house played better than they played in the first half. Not that they played better than SC in 2nd half. I need to make this correction as I have had people contact me and ask if I watched the same game as they thought I was saying they played better than SC.

'Scue me, but could somebody tell the dude holdin' up that 'TD Gage' sign that there's a lot of chitren there...and he don't need to be promotin' illiteracy? It's 'gaUge!' Thanks!

(per request from 'mama 'n 'em' in Greenbrier, TN)

:P;)

'Scuse me, 5-Sport Dad is the DUNCE of CoachT - when you get tired of wearing the DUNCE hat, pass it on to 'mama'n 'em' in Greenbrier and let her wear it!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the SC faithful will disown Chris McCall after he kept referring to the Carthage Owls. He didn't mention Smith County once. :blink:

Croz it sure doesn't bother me to be called "Carthage" - I'm proud to be called SCHS or Carthage. What we are called doesn't amount one bit to our football program. SCHS is 9-0 and Carthage is 9-0. :thumb:

The Owls whipped us up and down the field tonight, 35-12. I am man enough to sit here and take the heat that is coming. Hope Wicker (#5?) is aright, heard that he may have messed up his hand/finger pretty bad. WH needs to regroup and get ready for Sycamore next Thursday nights. Good luck to SC the rest of the way; great football team.

Wicker got his hand stepped on when WH went for it at the goal line and cut two of his fingers on his left hand. They sewed the cut up on the sideline but he was unable to go back in the game. He is thought to be ok and ready for next week.

Meant to say that white house played better than they played in the first half. Not that they played better than SC in 2nd half. I need to make this correction as I have had people contact me and ask if I watched the same game as they thought I was saying they played better than SC.

Manning turned his ankle the last of the 2nd quarter. He was far from 100% the last half, but still performed well. Didn't have the spark in the last half.

Smith County completely dominated! #25 gets a lot of hype on here, and rightfully so, but #4 was the man last night!! With only one questionable attempt, he was very impressive to say the least. I like the way he ran the ball and was able to buy time in the pocket. I'd say that performance earned him some post season honors.

Good win. Now get back to work!!

More on #25 later...