Covington @ Milan

CHARGERFAN

Congrats to the dawgs and coaches. Covington was bigger and faster. Covington had well over 300 total yards to barely over 200 for Milan. Cov. had 13 1st downs to 11 for Milan. Cov. hurt themselves with penalties, a missed extra point and a couple of lost fumbles. Milan had no penalties and did botch a punt. Milan did a good job converting 3rd downs to keep the clock running and keep their D off the field. Passing game still needs extra overtime work. Kids did come out to play on both sides. Covington will be hard to handle in the playoffs.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a barnburner. Just got a text, Milan 28 Cov 26 in the 4th. At Haywood, Tomcats 0 Obion 56. Covington you guys need to get you a radio broadcast. Tried to pick up your game on the Covington US 51 station, they're broadcasting Brighton vs Cordova(what's that a 7-1 playing a 3-5)last week turned on, it was Munford 2-6 playing a less than .500 team. Last week they passed on Covington 6-1 playing an undefeated Obion County team. And this week (7-1) Milan and (7-1) Covington, two one loss teams. Sounds to me whoever is managing the station has little sports sense and absolutely no business sense.

Your right, they make no sense and missed a real opportunity to serve their community. Of course for us locals, we're use to it. But if you call and ask why, you get a way out in left field response and the station is in COVINGTON, not brighton or munford or ripley or millington. Yikes!

Congrats to the dawgs and coaches. Covington was bigger and faster. Covington had well over 300 total yards to barely over 200 for Milan. Cov. had 13 1st downs to 11 for Milan. Cov. hurt themselves with penalties, a missed extra point and a couple of lost fumbles. Milan had no penalties and did botch a punt. Milan did a good job converting 3rd downs to keep the clock running and keep their D off the field. Passing game still needs extra overtime work. Kids did come out to play on both sides. Covington will be hard to handle in the playoffs.

A MOST UNTYPICAL MILAN TEAM

Milan's football tradition is well-established. amd Coach Morris' record and his reputation are solid and should not be challenged. They both stand for excellence.

Yet, this is the worst Milan team within recent memory, not just in terms of talent, but, disturbingly, the Bulldogs this year do not play smart football, do not seem to be in the bast of physical shape, and are a major disappointment. They are likely the weakest 9-1 (after next Friday)team in the state and should not be able to advance deeply into the playoffs.

Covington had good backs but average offensive and defensive lines, yet they outscored Milan 19 to 7 in the second half. MILAN HAS ONDOUBTEDLY THE WORST PASS DEFENSE ANYPLACE. Covington has no passing attack, but in every completion they made, there was not a Milan defender within 10 yards of the receiver. In a crucial 4th and long situation late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, the Covington TE was open 30 yards down the field with no defenders anyplace near. A photo would not have had a Milan defender in the picture.

Milan's own passing attack is non-existent; they did not complete a pass against Covington. Huntingdon administered a physical beating earlier this season, whipping the Milan defense and wearing them down.

But most troubling were the mental errors and the seemingly-unmotivated efforts. A Covington rceiver got 20 yards behind the Milan secondary for the first score, a fake punt resulted in a 30 yard first down run, and the Bulldogs passed up numerous opportunities to let Covington get back into it in the second half.

The two point conversion attempt to tie the game was a fiasco, because the head linesman made a premature (and incorrect signal) that the run was good, tieing the game. Why he did this is not clear, but it led to celebrations on the Covington side and great disappointment a moment later when the umpire overruled the call.

For a district championship between two teams with a single loss each, it was a major shock.

W

I wish Obion could play Milan. Im curious as to who would win that game. I bet it would be a good one though. That being said, if Milan really does have a bad pass defense, OC could throw a bunch of points up quickly. But i digress, I just wanted to play the "what if?" game real fast. Goood job Bulldogs and I wouldnt mind seeing the Chargers and Rebels play down the road in the playoffs. Goodluck to both the Bulldogs and Chargers(unless they play OC) in the playoffs! GO REBELS!!

It's a shame when a game between two good teams is decided by the refs. Way to go TSSAA. Milan feel lucky, this one was handed to you. You didn't win it.

You're wrong - Milan won the game. Why the single official threw his hands up who knows. But even the people (including non-Bulldog fans) saw the kids knee down at the 2 yard line. Both radio and newspaper personnel confirmed he was down. Maybe the side judge was blocked off the view, I don't know. But Milan played well enough to win and did walk off with the W.

Covington will do well in the playoffs as will Milan. Will either win in Cookeville? Probably not unless both can be more complete teams.

It's a shame when a game between two good teams is decided by the refs. Way to go TSSAA. Milan feel lucky, this one was handed to you. You didn't win it.

The game was decided when Milan's defense put your RB down at the two yard line. And the Covington kid did like he was supposed to...never give up! But if you're down, you don't get the points. The line judge obviously just saw the ball over the goal line....because that is what he looks for, and no other official had blown it dead yet. Watch some football...controversy happens alot! But the reaction from Covington's coaching staff was utterly appalling! To get in a verbal, almost physical altercation in FRONT of your kids with a ref! Nice example he's setting! I've seen Jeff Morris angry before, but NEVER has he shown the lack of class that Covington's coaching staff showed last night! To have to be restrained by the security staff....rediculous! And I hope he's in his AD's office Monday morning because he owes an apology to his kids, parents, fans and MILAN! And he should have been thrown off the field for his actions! I know the official may have said/done something inappropriate as well...but at the end of the day he was the official. What would that coach do if one of his captions started pitching a fit like he did....I'd ventur to guess, that captain wouldn't be on the team anymore. It's about respect for authority....and even though we don't always like TSSAA officials authority...we have to respect it!

Good job dawgs.....keep fightin'! It's a tough year for you guys, but y'all come out week after week and give it your all!!! Well....for the most part! Lol jk Love my Dawgs!!!

The game was decided when Milan's defense put your RB down at the two yard line. And the Covington kid did like he was supposed to...never give up! But if you're down, you don't get the points. The line judge obviously just saw the ball over the goal line....because that is what he looks for, and no other official had blown it dead yet. Watch some football...controversy happens alot! But the reaction from Covington's coaching staff was utterly appalling! To get in a verbal, almost physical altercation in FRONT of your kids with a ref! Nice example he's setting! I've seen Jeff Morris angry before, but NEVER has he shown the lack of class that Covington's coaching staff showed last night! To have to be restrained by the security staff....rediculous! And I hope he's in his AD's office Monday morning because he owes an apology to his kids, parents, fans and MILAN! And he should have been thrown off the field for his actions! I know the official may have said/done something inappropriate as well...but at the end of the day he was the official. What would that coach do if one of his captions started pitching a fit like he did....I'd ventur to guess, that captain wouldn't be on the team anymore. It's about respect for authority....and even though we don't always like TSSAA officials authority...we have to respect it!

Good job dawgs.....keep fightin'! It's a tough year for you guys, but y'all come out week after week and give it your all!!! Well....for the most part! Lol jk Love my Dawgs!!!

Wasn't there so didn't see the altercation..but I agree coaches have to set an example..to reflect an education.. Coaches that typically win & have won before know how to handle themselves in adverse situations.

First of all you need to learn to spell, you are proving that you got your education from Milan. They make a little tool called spell check on your computer, try using it. Secondly, you can wish for our coach's apology but it is NOT going to happen because it would be wrong if he did apologize for being a good coach & sticking up for his kids. I can assure you we are VERY proud of our coaching staff!! They have done an awesome job & so have our boys. Wrong is wrong....it is high school football& when points are put on the board, they should not come off because one ref says so. When your entire coaching staff is as good as ours, then you can brag. But it will be okay on the field in the end, cause when we meet in playoffs you got to come to our house!! The only difference will be is we will beat you fairly without cheating.

First of all you need to learn to spell, you are proving that you got your education from Milan. They make a little tool called spell check on your computer, try using it. Secondly, you can wish for our coach's apology but it is NOT going to happen because it would be wrong if he did apologize for being a good coach & sticking up for his kids. I can assure you we are VERY proud of our coaching staff!! They have done an awesome job & so have our boys. Wrong is wrong....it is high school football& when points are put on the board, they should not come off because one ref says so. When your entire coaching staff is as good as ours, then you can brag. But it will be okay on the field in the end, cause when we meet in playoffs you got to come to our house!! The only difference will be is we will beat you fairly without cheating.

Sorry my iPad doesn't meet your spelling expectations......submit that grievance with the late Mr. Jobs!

Luckily, this is a thread about football...which is something I know a little about! And I'll tell ya what Sparky.....if Milan has to play at Covington's house during the playoffs....I'll give you $1000 cash money! If they don't...you pay me $1000!!!

You should really stick to softball!

Edited by BullDawgGirl03

i'd love to see that game too! being that milan is 3A and covington is 4A. WHAT A BONEHEAD! at least the players from covington know something about football because their fans sure don't. but i guess when you only have a winning season every 4 or 5 years then the stupid kind of explains itself. :roflol::roflol:

First the points were not put on the board, second Covington's Coaching staff was not sticking up for his players in that situation, and third you should be used to loosing to Milan. The coaching staff at

Covington stinks plain and simple. Oh by the way softball stooge, we can't meet in the playoffs,

Milan's 3A and Covington's 4A. Softball rocks, please, what a dip-wad.