Forrest @ Cascade

LovethoseRockets

It is true that our QB and one of our best defensive linemen were ejected from the game. The suspension is being appealed to the TSSAA because of extenuating circumstances. I didn't want to say anything until the results of the appeal are known. The QB was called for "unsportsmanlike conduct" / "taunting"... he pointed at the scoreboard.

After several "unsportsmanlike" and "personal foul" calls in the first half the Ref told both sidelines at the start of the second half that any similar calls in the second half would result in ejection.

If he did what you say, what are the grounds for appeal. I was near the fence when MC played at Cascade and on the last two plays when Cascade was taking a knee, the QB did a "hard count" twice like he was trying to draw MC offsides. I don't see the need for that unless I'm missing something. I'm not sure if he was told to or just decided on his own, but that could has gotten someone hurt if MC decided to rush the QB after the first time he did it. I'm glad MC showed some class and didn't.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't there, so can't say, but I'd say he has a pretty good case for appeal if he was ejected for pointing at a score board. Sounds like some home cooking to me. and Nan, no way you want to beat Cascade like that. When we beat Forrest, I don't want them to have any excuses....;)

I thought a player had to have two unsportsman like conduct penalties called on them to be ejected and forfiet playing in there next game?

I thought a player had to have two unsportsman like conduct penalties called on them to be ejected and forfiet playing in there next game?

You should be happy. If Forrest wins, that gives Eagleville the District Championship whether they beat Cascade or not. Your weak schedule is going to give you the tie breaker if the 3 way tie happens. Cascade and Forrest will be penalized for playing tougher non district schedules.

You should be happy. If Forrest wins, that gives Eagleville the District Championship whether they beat Cascade or not. Your weak schedule is going to give you the tie breaker if the 3 way tie happens. Cascade and Forrest will be penalized for playing tougher non district schedules.

I don't think that is true. If Forrest beats Cascade, Cascade beats Eagleville, and Moore County beats Forrest- Cascade will be the dist. champs. BUT, if Forrest wins out and Cascade beats Eagleville- Eagleville will take the district because they didn't play Wayne County, Jo Byrns, Perry County or heck even Mount Pleasant. You are exactly right. I don't think anyone is putting down the Eagles, just putting down this silly tie breaker system that punishes teams for previous success that leads to a tough non district schedule. It really wont matter as long as Cascade or Eagleville win out. If you go undefeated in the district you win the district and everything else is just paperwork.

I heard that taunting was called because the K/QB boomed a kickoff into the endzone and turned to the Community sidelines and gave them a bow. After Also that the lineman tried to poke an opposing player in the eyes after he had scored a td.

You hear everything so do not take that as gospel.

I heard that taunting was called because the K/QB boomed a kickoff into the endzone and turned to the Community sidelines and gave them a bow. After Also that the lineman tried to poke an opposing player in the eyes after he had scored a td.

You hear everything so do not take that as gospel.

Heck, I'd take bow also... Seriously that's freakin crazy that you can have a wannabe official have a kid tossed for something that harmless. Geez.