Perry County at Wayne County

theGURU

WC played a bad game against MtP and I've been sayin not to look much in to that..... I know its Monday but I just now got to were I could post on here. Great Job Cats!!!! :thumb: Region 6A Champs...the trophy is back where it belongs :excl:

I haven't done the math but how much (if any) did the 3 vacated wins by PC and 1 vacated win by CA hurt WC's seeding. Had PC been 9-1 not 6-1 and CA been 8-2 not 7-2 would WC have been #1 in Quad 3. What about if Cascade had beaten E'ville would that have pushed WC up there?

Way to go Wildcats Region 6A Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WCHSGRAD

i find it interesting how PC fans are all of a sudden questioning the play calling <_<

another said that defensive calling seemed "panicked".

i am guessing it was the same calls as had been all year long... just against a better team.

the MO of Perry County is to choke in big games against good coached teams... probably will see the same this week against jo byrns.

I haven't done the math but how much (if any) did the 3 vacated wins by PC and 1 vacated win by CA hurt WC's seeding. Had PC been 9-1 not 6-1 and CA been 8-2 not 7-2 would WC have been #1 in Quad 3. What about if Cascade had beaten E'ville would that have pushed WC up there?

Way to go Wildcats Region 6A Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The vacated wins had no impact on the top 3 seeds.

I have a question I meant to ask after the game and didn't. How is it that WC blocked one PCs punts and PC recovered the ball. Why did WC get the ball?

I can't find a rule book online but I think with blocked punts, the receiving team can block it, pick it up, and run with it. If the punting team recovers the blocked punt, the receiving team still gets possession at the point of recovery.

I can't find a rule book online but I think with blocked punts, the receiving team can block it, pick it up, and run with it. If the punting team recovers the blocked punt, the receiving team still gets possession at the point of recovery.

If the receiving team touches the ball after it crosses the line of scrimage. It is then a live ball though right?

If the receiving team touches the ball after it crosses the line of scrimage. It is then a live ball though right?

Correct....but only after it crosses the line of scrimage. If it is blocked it doesn't matter....a player from the receiving team still has to touch it before it is considered live...now I believe that is right. I'll look in my rule book when I get home today.