Eagleville

skj48

free agents right weve heard this about eville for a while and havent seen anything. congrats onn beating an mtcs team with 8 out of 11 starters on both sides of the ball being freshman and sophomores. maybe you should be proud on beating mtcs for the first time in 3 years. in my opinion eville doesnt have the offensive explosian to make some noise in the playoffs. 2nd round at best. dont get your hopes up on beating gordonsville and south pitt way better caliber football teams than in district9

Perry Co. and Wayne Co. are better than Gordonsville and could give South Pittsburgh a pretty good challenge...i just dont see Eagleville gettin out of the second round, im very glad their havin a great year and i hope they win their district, but they better get ready when playoffs come around

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an earlier thread I stated Eaglevilly has a chance for a special season with a shot to go 10-0. The playoffs are a different type of season. They may be lucky to get a #1 seed and bye. There is even a possibility of Gordonsville playing at Eagleville. Then we can see what they are made out of. SP has a playoff record of 59-23. We have seen every scenario possible and been in them as well. Its a long road to Cookeville. And you get there 1 game at a time.

Perry Co. and Wayne Co. are better than Gordonsville and could give South Pittsburgh a pretty good challenge...i just dont see Eagleville gettin out of the second round, im very glad their havin a great year and i hope they win their district, but they better get ready when playoffs come around

Gordonsville is no pushover. They are one of the top teams in 1A.

This response coming from a guy who has watched practically every game Eagleville has played since the inception of the football program a few years ago. I appreciate skj48 and his enthusiasm, however one must look at this team from a realistic and practical standpoint. This is the best football team EHS has fielded, probably not the most talented, butt the best team. They are well coached, they play extremely hard, and the ball has bounced their way all season. The injury bug has not been a factor, at least to any major contributors. The teams EHS played in the non district portion of the schedule are down this year compared to past years. The other teams and district 9 are down this year, with the exception of Community, just my opinion. It has been fun to watch this team grow, watch them play with an enthusiasm no prior Eagleville team has demonstrated, and its confidence grow from week to week. The observation that will appear below is in no way meant to detract from the team or its performance this season. The schedule presents two more tough challenges. An undefeated season and an outright district championship would be fantastic. A deep run into the playoffs would really be enjoyable to watch. However, we will probably be in the same quad with South Pitt and Gordonsville. Two tradition rich programs that each have been playing football seemingly since the dawn of time. Both playoff tested and both playing stronger schedules than the Eagles this year. Coach Carson has been a part of two state championship teams at Smyrna and knows the level the program has to get in order to compete for state championships. This season will serve as a building block to get to that level and playing teams like a South Pitt or Gordonsville in the playoffs will show the underclassmen the level of play required to compete for state championships. Who knows what will happen the rest of the year. Keep up the good work Eagles and good luck the rest of the year.

Good post

Better be careful what you wish for - you might it!! Gville and SP have been in this position many times before and they both have great teams.

I didn't say that is what I wished for it, but if we are in the same quadrant we have no choice but to face one of the two. I said in order for us to get to that level that we looked forward to playing them and it could only make us better.

Edited by skj48

I didn't say that is what I wished for it, but if we are in the same quadrant we have no choice but to face one of the two. I said in order for us to get to that level that we looked forward to playing them and it could only make us better.

You fellows haven't seen the speed that South Pitt. will bring to the game. Moore Co. faced them last year they are some other kind of fast.

free agents right weve heard this about eville for a while and havent seen anything. congrats onn beating an mtcs team with 8 out of 11 starters on both sides of the ball being freshman and sophomores. maybe you should be proud on beating mtcs for the first time in 3 years. in my opinion eville doesnt have the offensive explosian to make some noise in the playoffs. 2nd round at best. dont get your hopes up on beating gordonsville and south pitt way better caliber football teams than in district9

Didn't say I was getting my hopes up! I said we looked forward to play G'ville or SP and we might get beat, but it would make us a better team. We have to play with the hand we are dealt.

No one will give South Pitt a game and I dont know about this love fest for Gordonsville. Eagleville has done great this year. Other than Eagleville fans, somebody give them some credit. Sound like a bunch of cry babies. Cascade you might beat Eagleville but you better worry about Forest this week. According your scores this year your defense has struggle.

No one will give South Pitt a game and I dont know about this love fest for Gordonsville. Eagleville has done great this year. Other than Eagleville fans, somebody give them some credit. Sound like a bunch of cry babies. Cascade you might beat Eagleville but you better worry about Forest this week. According your scores this year your defense has struggle.

Amen brother

LOL.... Good old goforthegoal....good comedy relief as usual. Plainly stated was the fact that you guys very well may beat Cascade. Also, plainly stated was the fact our district is down and you haven't played anyone. You've only played two teams with a winning record. You beat them by a combined 5 points. Your competition thus far is 23-42 this season. The only thing we've said is there's absolutely no reason to think Eagleville is that much better than last year. Even if you win out in the regular season, you aren't going to know anything until the playoffs start. If that's being a "crybaby", then all I have to say is waaaaa..

Just for your info. Eagleville 2-0 against teams with winning records, Cascade 1-1 against teams with winning records, Forrest 1-1 against teams with winning records. Granted Jo Byrns and Mt. Pleasant are pretty good teams but they are not the teams of years past. Both of these teams are 4-4.

Edited by goforthegoal