Cookeville at Riverdale

TDCman

This is a matchup of district 7-AAA champion against the likely 6-AAA champion.

Riverdale should go in as the favorite but needs to shore up some serious defensive issues and win to keep their playoff seeding intact.

What kind of team should we expect when Cookeville comes to town.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the warriors don't go out there thinking this is an easy win. It is homecoming so they will probably have a good turnout even tho it's not a Rutherford county team were playing. I know the warriors can pull it off but I honestly don't know alot about cookeville as I don't regularly follow them. Hopefully some cookeville posters will give us some insight....

I'm excited!!!

This is a matchup of district 7-AAA champion against the likely 6-AAA champion.

Riverdale should go in as the favorite but needs to shore up some serious defensive issues and win to keep their playoff seeding intact.

What kind of team should we expect when Cookeville comes to town.

Mt Juliet put up 54 last Friday against Cookeville. The Warriors should have no problems in this one. Get the starters out early and rest em for the OHS game week 10.

This could be a trap game for R'dale and one we do NOT need to take lightly. I figure Mt Juliet was a surprise for Cookeville last week. They KNOW R'dale as this is not our first rodeo together. For some reason they always play us hard.

They also have a history of burning us with their passing. I would really like to see us jamming some receivers on the line of scrimmage for a change. Somebody PLEASE tell our DC what it is! Also the idea is to PREVENT to other team from catching passes, not let them catch it and MAYBE we will tackle them. <_<

This could be a trap game for R'dale and one we do NOT need to take lightly. I figure Mt Juliet was a surprise for Cookeville last week. They KNOW R'dale as this is not our first rodeo together. For some reason they always play us hard.

They also have a history of burning us with their passing. I would really like to see us jamming some receivers on the line of scrimmage for a change. Somebody PLEASE tell our DC what it is! Also the idea is to PREVENT to other team from catching passes, not let them catch it and MAYBE we will tackle them. <_<

I agree completely...I was very dissapointed thursday night with the lack of adjustments made by the defensive staff. I know they dont want to get burned but if your jamming them up on the line we could have had more time to get to the QB...I know we had two DB's out but thats no excuse to play so soft.

Cookeville have the potential to make this game closer than most think. If the Cavs make the same mistakes they made against Mt. Juliet it will go Riverdale's way.

The Cavs didn't make mistakes that cost them the game. They

could have played their best game of the year and it would have

made no difference. The facts are plain and simple. They got

beat by a superior team. No sugar coating the facts.

What was the score @ half time? If Riverdale is going to

make a run @ year end, the Cavs will be crushed!

I would like to say that Riverdale rolls big in this one. But there is a little hesitation in that thought. Riverdale is still the favorite. But it has been proven that you can hit some big plays on the Warriors at times. The secondary is starting to leak a bit and as we saw last week you can run the ball unlike earlier this year. Having said that it will be an extreme uphill battle for Cookeville. Going to need some help from the Warriors in this one. Warriors win this one 31-17.

Edited by milo118